DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:59 PM
Ghostnote

Default Re: New Rogers...really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
That wasn't the point at all. Re-read my post and I think you'll figure out what I meant. You can post any opinion you want, but in a civil manner which does not include calling people coward, etc. And if you have issues with Ronn please don't bring them here from another Forum. One purpose of the PM is to speak to one another without airing dirty laundry in public.

Case in point:
""one less-than-hero-worshipping comment and members are snydely dismissed."" I'm sure Ronn is not here for hero worship. And I don't remember disagreeing with anyones opinion!!!
If you re-read the last page or so, I think you will see that I never once resorted to name-calling, in fact, the only member who did infer that someone was a coward and a hypocritical troll was you know who.

You also stated not to make points based on what we feel to be correct...WTF???
Old 05-31-2017, 04:24 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
(scratching my head...)...still not getting why this news is not cause for (at least a minor) celebration?

We all know that quality parts are being manufactured world-wide.

We all know that the previous attempts at using the Rogers name were an insulting joke to say the least.

We all know (and should respect) Steve Maxwell is one of the "good guys".

We all know there are "boutique drums" being made that successfully sell to a very limited clientele.

We have video and hands-on testimony available to show the thought that went into producing the new Dynas, not to mention the quality of the piece.

Why the hate? lol Why the doubt? lol

Don't we all celebrate quality kits no matter where they are made? Don't we enjoy music made on kits no matter where they are made? Don't we respect drummers world-wide playing on kits no matter where they are made? Why would we not be supportive of an effort to produce an excellent quality (perhaps even a BETTER quality?) reproduction of an iconic drum? If this is representative of the parts and possibly kits that are to come, "wow" how cool is that?!

If it is a quality drum it will sell, if it somehow turns out to be "junk" it will go the way of the last (2?) attempts at using the Rogers name.

I currently own 2 pre-1970 Made in USA Rogers kits and I couldn't be happier to see this. My snare drum skills suck so I have no need of a Dynasonic (although I own a "Big R" one) and get along fine with my circa '67 Powertone...lol.

Vive la Rogers!
To answer your questions:
IDK
IDK
Yes
Yes
Yes
Pigheadedness perhaps?
Like cool Daddy-O

This is much too clear of a view. Nicely said.

There are so many great drum kits these days, a Rogers kit is not "necessary" like they were in the 60's. I'm referring to their "ahead of their time" hardware. Hey and their shells were much more precise compared to their contemporaries. Great kit. They have MUCH more real competition now.

Still, it's good to see them again, if only for the Rogers enthusiasts. It's all good.

I hope they can make a go of it.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:53 PM
Silver Member

I would buy a 6.5x14.
No one makes hardware in the USA anymore, so that is not a concern. Steve Maxwell is a solid guy and having Bill Detamore on board is great.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:47 AM

Steve Maxwell and the new Rogers drum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bta3jVYgW4A

https://youtu.be/bta3jVYgW4A
Old 06-01-2017, 07:15 AM
Ghostnote

I used to have a brass Dynasonic and it sounded like Joe Morello's snare sound in Take Five, although that was probably a Ludwig snare...
Old 06-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Gold Member

There is no hate, just questions. If a few of us hadn't been belittled by our manufacturing friends the discussion probably would have gone a little better. I have one question for the Knowledgable ones though. What material is the Script badge made from on the new drum and what material is on the old ones.. ?? I personally don't like Asian manufactured drums. I have tried them, persevered with them but nope! I am not Racist , i just don't get the Mojo from them is that O.K. with you folks?? There is also a Tradition of American Drum Building which goes way back, that doesn't seem to matter to some. Just lay down and POOF watch it go up in smoke not even a wimper of dismay! The prevailing attitude is i got what i want who cares move on.. I do find it amusing how you guys want modern drums to play 60's and 70's covers on when the Rogers "old hat drums " are perfect for those idioms.. It really has reached the stage of DIY drum kits.. bang on. Grunt you can book me in for my long vacation now>
Old 06-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiddle pete View Post
There is no hate, just questions.

There is also a Tradition of American Drum Building which goes way back, that doesn't seem to matter to some. Just lay down and POOF watch it go up in smoke not even a wimper of dismay!

you can book me in for my long vacation now>
Good penetrating questions are what its all about.
I'm not sure why you see American Drum building 'up in smoke'. There is still big companies building, and then C&C, PorkPie, SJC, now Inde....I simply find sometimes there is a bit of US-nationalism on here about drums. I used my Chinese made Sonor drums in counterarguments, but believe me, I get more mojo from my old orphaned 60's Slingerlands. (but which I simply think are not as well made).

So don't go on vacation... this place needs all kinds of personalities from all angles. There is simply never enough debate.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opentune View Post
Good penetrating questions are what its all about.
I'm not sure why you see American Drum building 'up in smoke'. There is still big companies building, and then C&C, PorkPie, SJC, now Inde....I simply find sometimes there is a bit of US-nationalism on here about drums. I used my Chinese made Sonor drums in counterarguments, but believe me, I get more mojo from my old orphaned 60's Slingerlands. (but which I simply think are not as well made).

So don't go on vacation... this place needs all kinds of personalities from all angles. There is simply never enough debate.
See thing is none of those companies you listed are ALL made in the USA products to my knowledge. I would suspect they all use some foreign components to complete their kits. I don't see how that's any different than this new Rogers snare. Very rare these days to find all made in the USA.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemarydrumco View Post
See thing is none of those companies you listed are ALL made in the USA products to my knowledge. I would suspect they all use some foreign components to complete their kits. I don't see how that's any different than this new Rogers snare. Very rare these days to find all made in the USA.
Ya I hear you. My point was that the 'building'.. 'assembling' ...i.e. 'use of hands' to make a drum...does not appear all up in smoke in the USA. Is it? (I am not a builder)
Quite frankly, I am thrilled when people say they love their new Rogers snare, or their old Rogers snare.

Last edited by opentune; 06-05-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Silver Member

Default Brand new 5x14" Rogers wood Dynasonic WMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Just came across this YT video and saw your post as well.

This drums sounds fantastic and Steve says he was part of the R&D for 2 years with the new ownership.

This drum has some serious crack as Steve's tuned it up.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:12 PM

Maybe now we can get more parts to rebuild those ebay, COB Dynasonic shells, especially the hard to find snare wire "carts" or frames.