DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-12-2017, 01:07 AM
supermac's Avatar
supermac supermac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 414
Default Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zouW...JzvBWU1D1QTTIO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:03 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,203
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Oh my!

I was there. Man, I wish the camera had pulled out at times, maybe you could see the back of my head.

I had no idea (or at least no memory) of a camera rolling at the time.

Wow, now I can relive the experience.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:08 AM
BenjaminCamelot's Avatar
BenjaminCamelot BenjaminCamelot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
Oh my!

I was there. Man, I wish the camera had pulled out at times, maybe you could see the back of my head.

I had no idea (or at least no memory) of a camera rolling at the time.

Wow, now I can relive the experience.
What side of Neil's setup are you on? I might be able to find you in the crowd. Did you ever get to ask Neil any questions or no?
__________________
Pearl | Zildjian | Remo | Pro-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:17 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,203
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminCamelot View Post
What side of Neil's setup are you on? I might be able to find you in the crowd. Did you ever get to ask Neil any questions or no?
I want to say just slightly stage right of center, middle or back of the pack.

I did ask him a question. I don't remember exactly what it was. I was just so determined to be able to ask him a question, I came up with something stupid to ask about. I didn't much care about the question or answer, I just wanted to be able to say I talked to him. lol. I think I asked him what inspired the tom pattern during the chorus of "Chemistry" or some such, and his answer had something to do with listening to the band "Japan".

He wouldn't sign autographs, but he did give everyone a pre-prepared autographed poster, which I still have to this day.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:29 AM
BenjaminCamelot's Avatar
BenjaminCamelot BenjaminCamelot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
I want to say just slightly stage right of center, middle or back of the pack.

I did ask him a question. I don't remember exactly what it was. I was just so determined to be able to ask him a question, I came up with something stupid to ask about. I didn't much care about the question or answer, I just wanted to be able to say I talked to him. lol. I think I asked him what inspired the tom pattern during the chorus of "Chemistry" or some such, and his answer had something to do with listening to the band "Japan".

He wouldn't sign autographs, but he did give everyone a pre-prepared autographed poster, which I still have to this day.
It was after sound check I'm assuming right? But did you ever get to stay for the show that night or just the clinic?
__________________
Pearl | Zildjian | Remo | Pro-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:39 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,203
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminCamelot View Post
It was after sound check I'm assuming right? But did you ever get to stay for the show that night or just the clinic?
It was during the clinic.

I had seen the band the night before, so i didn't stay for the 2nd show that night.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:52 AM
BenjaminCamelot's Avatar
BenjaminCamelot BenjaminCamelot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 469
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
It was during the clinic.

I had seen the band the night before, so i didn't stay for the 2nd show that night.
Interesting. There should've been a part where you could go play on Neil's drums and if I had a time machine (get it?) back to 1992, I would've sat down at Neil's kit, and just played an entire Rush song note for note, in front of Neil himself.
__________________
Pearl | Zildjian | Remo | Pro-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2017, 06:07 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,203
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminCamelot View Post
Interesting. There should've been a part where you could go play on Neil's drums and if I had a time machine (get it?) back to 1992, I would've sat down at Neil's kit, and just played an entire Rush song note for note, in front of Neil himself.
We weren't allowed to play the drums, or even get behind the drums.

There were 50 of us there, if I recall right, and 50 kids all playing a Rush song each would end up being hours and hours long. lol.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-16-2017, 08:27 AM
Super Phil's Avatar
Super Phil Super Phil is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 432
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-17-2017, 12:58 AM
Drummerrobin Drummerrobin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Full video can be found here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXnd-B-t6s
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-17-2017, 03:53 AM
DrumEatDrum's Avatar
DrumEatDrum DrumEatDrum is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 9,203
Default Re: Neil Peart drum clinic, Irvine Meadows, 1992: Rare footage just posted on YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerrobin View Post
Full video can be found here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DXnd-B-t6s
You can (barely) here my ask my question at 53:58.

No camera shot of me that I can tell. But then again, we all had the same hair back them. lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com