DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 02-13-2017, 12:02 AM
Silver Member

Default I Believe Today Was The Date Last Year I Decided To Start Drumming Again

According to my records of initially starting to buy things, it was 2/12/16 that I placed my first order for drum gear after deciding to get back into playing drums after a LONG hiatus of maybe 14 years. I did play for 35 years or so prior, beginning as a child of maybe 4 years old.

And let me say....it's cost quite a bit of change to date. I've added up everything and get a total of about $6,200 and could actually be a bit more. And just think...I'm playing an 8 piece Stage Custom kit! Although spared no expense with everything else. Only the best of many cymbals, hardware, etc.

The total includes all the recording gear I've recently bought, so overall, I think I got a lot for the $$$ and have been enjoying it immensely. It worked to my advantage to go with the Stage Custom setup and not blow a ton of cash on high-end shells.

Anyhow, glad to be back! Looking to improve further this year with a focus on recording as I'll most likely enhance this part of my interest in drumming.

MoreBeer!
Old 02-13-2017, 01:59 AM

Default Re: I Believe Today Was The Date Last Year I Decided To Start Drumming Again

Welcome back! I also went on hiatus in the early 2000's but it was only a couple of years and I didn't sell all of my gear. I'm having a blast practicing at the house when time allows and I'm playing in a great band. One can never predict the future, but I'm pretty sure I'm back for good. I've seen your kit posts; a little big for me (I'm a 4 piece guy) but looks great! Stage Customs are a lot of drum for the money.
A bunch of different sticks

Last edited by gish; 02-14-2017 at 02:41 AM.