DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:30 AM
Ghostnote

Default Re: Hearing test

I was very surprised. I could here right up to 18,000 Hz. I had a drop in volume at 8,000, then 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 were quite audible still. 12,000-18,000 were increasingly quiet, then 19,000 and 20,000- nothing.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:56 AM
Silver Member

I know my hearing is bad, especially in my left ear from a basil skull fracture that went through the cochlea. I tried the test using both headphones and speakers and was able to get to around 16K. The weird thing is that at certain frequencies I could hear the highest frequency roll over into a lower harmonic. I'm assuming there may be some kind of digital aliasing in the decode? Whatever it is, I don't think I can really hear those frequencies in an analog world, or if I can, my ears are magically transposing them to a lower frequency.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:38 PM

I heard 12000 fine, 13000 just about, nothing above that.
I'm guilty of playing heavy metal loudly in my car and through headphones, and love a loud gig,so I may be paying the price!!! Probably not a typical female!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAgrippa View Post
No it isn't scientific, because it doesn't control for bone conduction, no sound proof room, etc. I've had my hearing test a gizzillion times and the graph they show me of my hearing loss follows a similar patter as I found on this. But I agree I wouldn't freak out from the outcome of this test, but it may help someone notice a hearing problem early to get tested and address it. Females can hear higher frequency sounds than men-as I recollect??- so it would be interesting for some females to take the test and speak up.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:57 PM

Did anyone else's ears tickle as it got around 10 kHz? I couldn't hear anything past 15 kHz.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:10 PM

I don't dare try this....for the same reason that I've avoided having my ears tested professionally. Scared of what the results will be :)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
Did anyone else's ears tickle as it got around 10 kHz? I couldn't hear anything past 15 kHz.
No tickling, but rather acute discomfort afterwards. Below 12,000, I had to turn the volume way down. The sounds were painful and left a lasting ringing in my ears.