DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 09-13-2015, 06:35 AM
CAL1BER

Default Pearl Demon Drive Wood Beaters For Tama Speedcobra.

Hi everyone! I'm comparatively new when it comes to kick drum beaters but really I need help with this one. I've been using the Tama Speedcobra felt beaters for almost an year now (I'm surprised they lasted this long! I read that the beaters were garbage) Now the beaters are completely flat so I wanted to try something different. I've been thinking about getting the Pearl Demon Drive Control Core Wood Beaters. I had few questions about these beaters. How much is the weight? How is the feel? And the diameter of the round shape of the beater. Also I had a question that will the beaters fit properly (Without touching each other) on a Tama Speedcobra double-pedal setup. Excuse me if I sound a big noob :P. But I need help. Any quick replies will be appreciated.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pearl Demon Drive Wood Beaters For Tama Speedcobra.

I have them, haven't used them in quite a while because they're pretty heavy and if you didn't already know, heavy wood beaters are fairly agressive sounding, not so great when you want to play softer stuff.

I would get the iron cobra double sided one instead, or if you can find some mapex falcon ones, they're even better because you can add and remove weights.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:31 PM
CAL1BER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
I have them, haven't used them in quite a while because they're pretty heavy and if you didn't already know, heavy wood beaters are fairly agressive sounding, not so great when you want to play softer stuff.

I would get the iron cobra double sided one instead, or if you can find some mapex falcon ones, they're even better because you can add and remove weights.
Thanks for the reply man, most of the time I play metal, hard rock so I don't need to play soft that much. I'll have to check out the Iron Cobra wood beater. Do you think the weight is the same as the SpeedCobra stock beater? Because I find the SpeedCobra stock beater in between light and medium in weight.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:58 AM
Silver Member

I would also vote for the Iron Cobra beaters. I have a Speed Cobra and didn't really like their stock beater. I have an IC beater on it now, because it gives you a similar weight profile. Plus, with the IC beaters, you have the choice of felt, wood, or rubber. You can also buy only the beater itself and swap it out on your beater shaft (although the price of the beaters is right up there close to buying the entire beater, with shaft).
Old 09-19-2015, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Check out some Low Boy wooden beaters. Best sounding of my beaters, plastic, felt, and flat wood.

http://lowboybeaters.com
Old 09-19-2015, 07:24 PM
CAL1BER

Yeah, I'll check these ones out. Thanks for the quick replies.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Silver Member

Give Vic kick wood beaters a try if the Iron Cobra wood beaters don't give you the rebound that you're looking for. I found that I had more control and a better bass drum sound when I switched to Vickicks. They some how get more low frequencies out of my kick drum than any other beater.