DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM

Default Roland Td-11kv to Superior Drummer 2.0

Hello guys.

Right now, I have been struggling to figure out how to make my Roland td-11kv work with superior drumme 2.0 on cubase so I can lay down drum tracks for my bands easily without mapping them via point and click.

I am using a tascam us-200 usb audio/midi interface. I have hooked in my midi-out jack from my drum module into the midi-in jack into my tascam.

I load up cubase 5, create a midi track, assign my midi input to my td-11, and my output to superior drummer.

http://prntscr.com/3ecrul

http://prntscr.com/3ecsa2

I hit record, monitor, and nothing comes out of my speakers when I play my e-kit.
Is there something else I need to do in cubase in order for this to work properly? I have my ASIO driver specifically set to my tascam so audio does play through my speakers.

Thanks, any help would be deeply appreciated!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Roland Td-11kv to Superior Drummer 2.0

You may have to Google the number and it was a couple of years ago but I had to assign the midi to a certain number (channel)

If you paid for superior drummer their support would help with this and probably have it fixed in minutes!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spides666 View Post
You may have to Google the number and it was a couple of years ago but I had to assign the midi to a certain number (channel)

If you paid for superior drummer their support would help with this and probably have it fixed in minutes!
Well, I acquired SD through... extraneous methods *ahem*, so that option probably wouldn't work.

Can you elaborate a bit more on what you said?
Old 05-02-2014, 10:04 PM

Okay!
So I got the MIDI part to work, but now the the drums seem really weak.
Is there anyway to make the drums more powerful, for lack of better terms?

What I mean is, when I hit the pad, it sounds like I'm doing a ghost note when I'm really not. I tried going into my pad settings and changing the sensitivities but that didn't really help anything. Any suggestions?

Last edited by sirbuster223; 05-05-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:39 PM

This is not really a reply since i am clueless myself but could someone help me with a situation-I have converted my acoustic kit to e-drums (complaining neighbors) using mesh heads and Roland triggers and a TD-9 module-everything worked perfectly until I decided to get Superior drummer-the problem is-not really MAJOR but I can't get the kick to trigger as realistically as I could with the Roland module-the Roland has settings for different triggers which is the key I guess-but it's either great response and mediocre sounds or awesome sounds and mediocre triggering it seems. Just wondered if that's normal.