DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 06-26-2013, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Show us your Premier kits!!

Really happy about my recent acquisition and even though its not autographed for me, Nickos autograph is just icing on the cake.

Last edited by gregj410; 06-28-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 PM

How on earth did you get hold of the 13" heavy bell?
Old 06-28-2013, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttyoak View Post
How on earth did you get hold of the 13" heavy bell?
Dumb luck I suppose, but it all started here:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ighlight=Nicko

I often do Nicko searches and really had no idea this auction was going on. I've changed my eBay settings to world wide now so I don't miss out on many of the goodies I would have otherwise missed out on. I'm humbled to own such a fine cymbal and even though I have no idea of its worth or what I should have paid for it. I just knew I couldn't pass on what looks like an extremely rare opportunity to own one.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:58 AM

Looks great on that kit! Congrats, gregj410 !
Old 06-28-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregj410 View Post
Really happy about my recent acquisition and even though its not autographed for me, Nickos autograph is just icing on the cake.

Wow, what a precious Jewel!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Soulsurvivor,
Thanks for posting pics of your Nicko kit, it looks fantastic! Could you please post some pics of the toms so we can see the graphics a little better when you have a chance?
Thank you, here are some more... : )

Last edited by soulsurvivor; 09-23-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Dumb luck I suppose, but it all started here:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ighlight=Nicko

I often do Nicko searches and really had no idea this auction was going on. I've changed my eBay settings to world wide now so I don't miss out on many of the goodies I would have otherwise missed out on. I'm humbled to own such a fine cymbal and even though I have no idea of its worth or what I should have paid for it. I just knew I couldn't pass on what looks like an extremely rare opportunity to own one.
Now all you need are the 15" and 22" custom Signature crashes and the 20" custom china!! Happy hunting!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttyoak View Post
Now all you need are the 15" and 22" custom Signature crashes and the 20" custom china!! Happy hunting!
And a 40" custom painted gong! ;)
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttyoak
And a 40" custom painted gong! ;)
I don't know where the hunt will end. I always thought the 13" 602 HB would be the one I would never get my hands on. I have the 20" HFR China, that Paiste surprisingly made for me. The 15" HFR could be tough but the 22" HFR is available and next on the list unless of course the 15" or God forbid that 40" custom Eddie gong turns up for sale then the 22 may have to wait :-)
He's also currently playing a 20" SC prototype which will likely be impossible to get. Interestingly enough as I began putting this kit together it seems only proper to keep it consistent with his cymbal config too. The only problem with that of course is the money! I can't imagine what that gong would cost and is it really neccessary for a devoted fan?........well..........maybe!
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
I don't know where the hunt will end. I always thought the 13" 602 HB would be the one I would never get my hands on. I have the 20" HFR China, that Paiste surprisingly made for me. The 15" HFR could be tough but the 22" HFR is available and next on the list unless of course the 15" or God forbid that 40" custom Eddie gong turns up for sale then the 22 may have to wait :-)
He's also currently playing a 20" SC prototype which will likely be impossible to get. Interestingly enough as I began putting this kit together it seems only proper to keep it consistent with his cymbal config too. The only problem with that of course is the money! I can't imagine what that gong would cost and is it really neccessary for a devoted fan?........well..........maybe!
If you can, try picking up a 22" Sound Creation Bell Ride too, which was THE Maiden ride cymbal sound from '83-'86! Beautiful cymbals.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 PM

I've always thought Premier and Nicko should do a kit modelled after his Sonor Phonic Plus Hi-Tech kit from '86. He's said it's one of his favorite finishes of all time, and with the exception of the two kits in this thread some of his recent kits have been a bit... tacky. I think a Premier in flat grey with black hardware and white gaskets would look incredibly sexy.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 PM

Finally summer vacation :-)
So I had some time to make a small clip of my Nicko McBrain "A Matter Of Life And Death" tour drum kit replica.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_nJrU3ERVg

Last edited by soulsurvivor; 07-23-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Here's my Sapphire Blue Premier XPK set from the 90's. I have always loved the sound, especially with Aquarian Performance II heads. Was originally a 12/13/16/22 configuration, but I have since added 8, 10 and 14 inch matching toms. These pics include a 10/12/14/16/22 configuration (which can change on any given day). The member on here who makes the "virgin" bass plates never got back to me, so I had a local blacksmith make me one for five bucks! I found a guy who sells some pretty cool Premier stickers on Ebay, so I decided to use one on top of the bass drum plate. The snare is original to the set, but I have upgraded the hoops and added tube lugs, so now I can really crank it down when needed and not have to worry about one of the lugs popping. I have several other snare drums not shown, but I wanted to keep this on topic with Premier drums!
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmagnum View Post
Here's my Sapphire Blue Premier XPK set from the 90's. I have always loved the sound, especially with Aquarian Performance II heads. Was originally a 12/13/16/22 configuration, but I have since added 8, 10 and 14 inch matching toms. These pics include a 10/12/14/16/22 configuration (which can change on any given day). The member on here who makes the "virgin" bass plates never got back to me, so I had a local blacksmith make me one for five bucks! I found a guy who sells some pretty cool Premier stickers on Ebay, so I decided to use one on top of the bass drum plate. The snare is original to the set, but I have upgraded the hoops and added tube lugs, so now I can really crank it down when needed and not have to worry about one of the lugs popping. I have several other snare drums not shown, but I wanted to keep this on topic with Premier drums!
beautiful premier - i bet the sound is better than the various pearls, etc in this price range

be warned about the snare (if it's your first of its kind): the rivets that hold the throw off together are made of a soft metal that just gives way. mine has long since decayed.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:22 AM

First post. :)
Just picked up a used xpk kit.
I like so far.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy_NZ View Post
First post. :)
Just picked up a used xpk kit.
I like so far.

Nice first post! Like! :)
Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 PM

Not the best photo, but here's mine. I'm the original owner of this kit, a 90's XPK Fusion. They are great-sounding drums.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:19 AM

My 1998 Cabria in metallic turquoise. It doesn't seem like a lot of these drums were made judging by the lack of info out there about them. It really is a great sounding kit that I don't think I'll ever part with!
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2014, 06:41 PM

Here is my Genista Blue Sparkle in the studio just before it was miked.
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2014, 12:43 AM

Hi there. My name is Mariano and I live in Argentina. Here I present to you my Premier drumkit 11 piece 'Ed Till I’m Dead.

I am proud to say that I have the serial number 001 and is the drumkit Nicko used in his clinics. I really cannot explain the feeling of having one of his drumkit at home.

http://www.drumshop.co.uk/blog/2013/...-drumshop.html
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2014, 02:13 AM
Platinum Member

Very Nice Marianog ! Some people might think your kit is "quirky" with the paint job.. but that is a very much PRO PREMIER SERIES..

Very cool !
Old 03-08-2014, 11:40 PM

Here's my latest from merry old England! Recently picked up a 99/2000 era Genista in Turquoise Gloss and it was rather well kept for it's age. Very few bumps or bruises from the previous owner and once tuned up, they sounded phenominal. Sizes are 18x24,9x10,10x12,12x14, and 16x16 f/tom. No snare came with the kit but I am looking for a matching 20 lug Genista or a nice 6.5x14, 10 lug steel Premier snare. I have a pair of die cast hoops waiting here for it once I find what I want. Total rock kit as it sits right now. Sounds fantastic and the Finnish Birch outer ply is sweet. Enjoy ladies, then go practice! I am!
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2014, 07:00 PM

Awesome Mariano!!! Nicko's actual drum kit, how cool is that!!! : )
Old 04-18-2014, 07:02 AM
Silver Member

My Sapphire Blue Signia's :

'

Old 04-24-2014, 09:09 PM

1990's Premier made in England Genista in Terraverdi. Finnish Birch shells from the Yamaha era judging by the diagonal seams and RC T-rods. Exquisitely made. 12,14,16,22. I added Ludwig brackets and legs to the 14 and 16 which were hanging toms. Clear G2's over Premier resonants on the toms, clear SKI with a smooth white PS3 on the bd.
They sound huge! Deep, very focused with a fast decay. The shells are 6mm undersized and are very easy to tune.
I've always wanted a Genista kit and these were too good to pass up.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2014, 02:25 AM

That's a very nice looking kit & great to see that it's been kept in such nice condition. The original Genista series are still the greatest sounding Birch kits made. If you need any parts or anything else for your kit please let me know as I carry a full line of parts & hardware for most of the Premier deleted series'.

In the mean time I would like to share a Dancincrow Drums EXCLUSIVE!! Hopefully you are all aware of the "ONE" series kits & Snare Drums, basically it's just as the title says, there's only 1 of each design. All of the drums built under this series are Hand Crafted in Premier's UK facility under the guidance of Keith Keough, Master Craftsman. Very few of these kits are available in the US so for those of you who want the best, this is a chance of a Lifetime. This kit is "The Yeovil" & consists of, 22x18 BD, 10x8 Rack, 12x8 Rack, 14x14 FT, 16x14 FT. The shell make up is N. American Maple with a Lacewood outer ply with Pepper wood shield & Black inlay stripes. The Lugs are all chromed solid Brass with 2.3mm Triple Flange hoops. This is a stunning looking & sounding kit, so imagine sitting behind & playing this 1 of a kind kit, you will be the talk of the town & your Sound Engineers will love you!!!!
The retail on this beauty is almost $5500 but as you all know my pricing blows these numbers into space. So, if anyone is interested please send me a note or preferably contact me directly on peter@dancincrowdrums.com. This would be an investment that you will never regret & again a One of a Kind opportunity.
Thanks for taking the time to read my posting.
Cheers for now.
Dancincrow
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2014, 05:31 AM

Stunning kit Pete!
Thanks for the BD logo. Really completed the set.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

Old 05-07-2014, 07:43 PM

Artstar, sick kit!
The One Series is very cool.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonzo1 View Post
Artstar, sick kit!
The One Series is very cool.
Imagine if DW did that kit.. . and put it on their facebook. They would have like 20K responses and cheers........ etc.

Premier does this stuff........ nary a soul even notices.. couple of us. lol
Old 05-08-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artstar View Post
Imagine if DW did that kit.. . and put it on their facebook. They would have like 20K responses and cheers........ etc.

Premier does this stuff........ nary a soul even notices.. couple of us. lol
They have very little exposure in the US.
I can't imagine they make very many One Series kits and snares, they must sell well in Europe.
Dale's Drum Shop in Harrisburg, PA has several One Series snares and they are very nice.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artstar View Post
Oh, now that is one fine looking kit you have there.

"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900
Old 05-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member

Yes guys......... it's a BADASSS KIT.... But not mine.

I saw it on the Premier USA Facebook page.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:17 AM

Hi there
I thought that Brick wall looked familiar ........ it's at the warehouse where they photograph the "ONE" series kits that they have on hand ...... funny. However, if you want the kit & if it's still available let me know & I'll have it on your doorstep within 10 days!!! :-))
Currently we have 5 "ONE" series full kits in stock along with about 15 or so "ONE" series Snare Drums so if anyone needs more info or photo's please contact me directly. Also, anyone looking for an "Elite" series kit there are just a few left before new shipments arrive in about 2 months though I am not sure how many "Elite" series will be in the shipment. I do know that the new Concert Tom Kits & the New Limited Edition Genista kits will be in so I am very excited about that.
One more piece of news is that ALL the British made "Aviation" Snare Drums are "ON SALE" right now at killer prices. For anyone who purchased a British made "Classic" series a few years back I do have a VERY LIMITED amount of "Red Moon Sparkle" Snare Drums in 10x6 or 14x5.5 at "Blow Out" pricing, along with some of the Newly designed Genista Snare Drums in various colors, again at "Blow Out" pricing.
Well, that's about all the news right now, so hopefully you have seen something here that sparks an interest to follow up with me. For those of you who don't know my direct contact, it is - peter@dancincrowdrums.com. You can also find me listed on the "Official Premier Website" directly below Hanser Music Group who are the US Distributors.
OH & 1 final thing is that I am VERY proud to say that The Hanser Music Group has honored me by now listing me as an Official "Premier Service Center" which am very excited about. This means that I will also be taking care of all & any Warranty issues.
Happy Days!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member

Old 05-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member

Old 05-23-2014, 08:45 PM

My limited Edition Aces High Snare Nr.2.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 AM

Here's a Black Shadow kit. The 8 is a piano black drum ordered after the finish was discontinued. Ironically, the "no liner" 8 has the only Resonator badge.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2014, 12:29 PM

There are 2 sets I got.
OK... the floor tom does not match, but that doesn´t matter to me :D
The missing hoop I got in the meantime.

before

and after

Old 07-11-2014, 10:25 AM

WOW M.A.D what a great resonator kit you've got - identical finish to mine- great drums.
Attached Images