DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Benfordrum Benfordrum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 171
Default Help me win a college scholarship!

Hi guys! Kyle here. Some of you my have seen my thread about college loans. My predicament is here: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...d.php?t=116099

I found a simple scholarship that requires your votes to promote my essay. I have about 10 days to gain your votes in order to be considered for selection. I need about 300 votes in order place! You don't even have to read my essay (which i hope you don't think is a sob story hahaha!) and maybe you can learn something if you do. Thank you so much! The link is below, just click vote. And share if you can!

http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/v..._Beach-FL.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM
JustJames's Avatar
JustJames JustJames is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 743
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Academic rigour at its finest.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,862
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
Academic rigour at its finest.
I thought exactly the same thing.

Next they'll be telling me that Facebook "likes" are the key to a good education.
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:41 PM
JustJames's Avatar
JustJames JustJames is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 743
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
I thought exactly the same thing.

Next they'll be telling me that Facebook "likes" are the key to a good education.
Don't be silly...visits to the Apple store, that's the way forward.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Benfordrum Benfordrum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 171
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJames View Post
Academic rigour at its finest.
Considering I have a 5.0 GPA and received academic scholarship there's no reason to make that point
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:53 PM
MrInsanePolack's Avatar
MrInsanePolack MrInsanePolack is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,393
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

It is not about likes, or a popularity contest. In order to even be considered for the scholarship, enough people have to vote for his submission. Without enough votes, his submission will not be reviewed by the panel of judges, who ultimately decide who gets the money. There are hundreds of different ways to obtain scholarship and grant money, this just happens to be one of them. It is just like the lottery, but I suppose y'all think that is stupid and a reflection on our society as well.
__________________
Wanted: GURU 13x7 Segmented English Ash & Ovangkol with Ovangkol Segmented Hoops
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-21-2014, 10:55 PM
JustJames's Avatar
JustJames JustJames is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 743
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfordrum View Post
Considering I have a 5.0 GPA and received academic scholarship there's no reason to make that point
The barb was directed at the process and not at you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-22-2014, 12:02 AM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,862
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
It is not about likes, or a popularity contest. In order to even be considered for the scholarship, enough people have to vote for his submission. Without enough votes, his submission will not be reviewed by the panel of judges, who ultimately decide who gets the money. There are hundreds of different ways to obtain scholarship and grant money, this just happens to be one of them. It is just like the lottery,
but I suppose y'all think that is stupid and a reflection on our society as well.
Which completely ignores the point that the criteria for academic success should be set by those fit to judge it. Not a bunch of his mates "voting" for his submission. Are you seriously suggesting that it's prudent that a panel of academics hold the opinions of a bloody drum forum with such merit that it'll in some way shape the outcome.....even if that shaping is as simple as bothering to read his submission in the first place?

Turn it up. That approach IS nothing more than advocating a "popularity contest".......however you try and swing it.

So yeah, you've identified our point. W'all (;-)) think it is stupid to use such an arbitrary manner with which to further an education. No longer is consideration given to the most deserving or worthy, it goes to the bloke with the greatest number of mates..........regardless of content. Yeah mate, I definitely have a problem with that.
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?

Last edited by Pocket-full-of-gold; 04-22-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Benfordrum Benfordrum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 171
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Anyways guys, it literally takes 2 clicks to vote.. Please! I would really appreciate
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,862
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfordrum View Post
Anyways guys, it literally takes 2 clicks to vote.. Please! I would really appreciate
You did have my vote mate. Even if I don't think much of the process. Should have clarified that earlier. Sorry. :-)
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-22-2014, 02:37 AM
MrInsanePolack's Avatar
MrInsanePolack MrInsanePolack is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,393
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Which completely ignores the point that the criteria for academic success should be set by those fit to judge it. Not a bunch of his mates "voting" for his submission. Are you seriously suggesting that it's prudent that a panel of academics hold the opinions of a bloody drum forum with such merit that it'll in some way shape the outcome.....even if that shaping is as simple as bothering to read his submission in the first place?

Turn it up. That approach IS nothing more than advocating a "popularity contest".......however you try and swing it.

So yeah, you've identified our point. W'all (;-)) think it is stupid to use such an arbitrary manner with which to further an education. No longer is consideration given to the most deserving or worthy, it goes to the bloke with the greatest number of mates..........regardless of content. Yeah mate, I definitely have a problem with that.
I get that the voting might be a bit sided as far as whose essay gets to be judged. But from a numbers side, how many thousands of essays would they have to read if there was no preliminary voting? The deadlines for these things are usually pretty short, and there must be a way to narrow down the selection process. Once the selections are narrowed down through said voting, the essays are judged on merit alone, not the number of votes accrued to get the paper to that point. I see nothing wrong with it. It is in no way a reflection on the student or the education that they seek. Anyone can vote for these. I wouldn't know Benfordrum if I hit him with my car, but I can still try to help him out to achieve his goal. I see it as no different than those kickstarter programs.

Also, a lot of these scholarships and grants are offered by corporations that are just trying to help people pay for their education. They set the requirements for the money. If you want to blame someone, blame them. They are just trying to help kids get an education. Is this what it has really come down too, criticizing how people choose to donate their money in order to help others? Would you rather they just randomly pick names out of the phone book?
__________________
Wanted: GURU 13x7 Segmented English Ash & Ovangkol with Ovangkol Segmented Hoops
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:01 AM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,862
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
Would you rather they just randomly pick names out of the phone book?
I would rather they read the bloody essay that they determined was to be part of the requirement for consideration in the first instance. And then judge who is to be short listed (or not), on what was presented in their initial criteria. Not by vetting it through several hundred of his mates in what most definitely amounts to a popularity contest, before they even bother to set eyes upon the thing. Otherwise, why bother with the essay at all? Just ask which candiate has access to the largest number of people and give him the scholarship.

As it stands, they may as well pick random names from the phone book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
Is this what it has really come down too, criticizing how people choose to donate their money in order to help others?
Geez, emotive much? Desgined to tug at the heart strings, sure. But really doesn't address much of what we're discussing does it? Come on mate. You normally put your point across so well. But that sentence is just clutching at straws. You know it and I know it.

Anyways, voting done. Endorsement given. Sincerely hope the kid gets offered a spot.
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?

Last edited by Pocket-full-of-gold; 04-22-2014 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Criticising academia whilst spelling like a 3 year old.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:29 AM
MrInsanePolack's Avatar
MrInsanePolack MrInsanePolack is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,393
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Anyways, voting done. Endorsement given. Sincerely hope the kid gets offered a spot.
Same here. I will continue to vote for him as long as he keeps needing it. Seems to me he has his head on straight and isn't going to piss away an opportunity to get an education that the school is footing the bill for. There are way too many of those people. Here we call them athletes.
__________________
Wanted: GURU 13x7 Segmented English Ash & Ovangkol with Ovangkol Segmented Hoops
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:56 AM
Benfordrum Benfordrum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 171
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
Same here. I will continue to vote for him as long as he keeps needing it. Seems to me he has his head on straight and isn't going to piss away an opportunity to get an education that the school is footing the bill for. There are way too many of those people. Here we call them athletes.

I really appreciate your support guys! I really want an education. As unimportant as it is in the voting process, the essay pretty much sums it all up. Spread the word if you can, it would mean a lot to me!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 AM
Benfordrum Benfordrum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 171
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

JUST realized how many votes the first voter has- over 5,000. Hopeless cause to post here lol! Thank you for the support either way guys
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida's West Coast
Posts: 15,413
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

In the next to the last sentence edit it to read I have come very far, not came very far.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:15 AM
sonnygrabber's Avatar
sonnygrabber sonnygrabber is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: As far away as is possible.
Posts: 465
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Voted.

I, for one do not have a problem with this style of judgement. I think that it is a great exercise for determining the motivation of the applicant. Not only does the essay need to be of quality, but the applicant needs to go out and promote himself and his ideas. Yes, one could consider it a 'popularity contest' but there are important lessons to be learned by implementing self- promotion. Heck, the music industry is mostly a 'popularity contest' as far as I can tell. They start 'em early these days it appears.
__________________
It's better to sit in silence and be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and remove all doubt..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-22-2014, 04:29 AM
toddmc's Avatar
toddmc toddmc is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,120
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfordrum View Post
JUST realized how many votes the first voter has- over 5,000. Hopeless cause to post here lol! Thank you for the support either way guys
Kyle, I took the time to read your essay (as I'm sure most of us did) and voted- it took me all of 2 minutes of my time to do so.
Considering the current vote for your essay was 47 at the time of writing and the front runner has up to 5000- it's really just the saddest, most pathetic way of deciding who earns a scholarship (and yes this is completely directed towards the process- not yourself).
I can't believe we've come to this point where "likes"/ "votes" or whatever you want to call them are now being used to sort out which essays are even worth reading and therefore who is the best candidate.
As for the time saving factor- are you honestly telling me the academics (or whoever decides these things) can't even be bothered to read these essays so they'll make a decision based on whoever has the best social networking skills??
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-22-2014, 05:13 AM
sonnygrabber's Avatar
sonnygrabber sonnygrabber is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: As far away as is possible.
Posts: 465
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmc View Post
Kyle, I took the time to read your essay (as I'm sure most of us did) and voted- it took me all of 2 minutes of my time to do so.
Considering the current vote for your essay was 47 at the time of writing and the front runner has up to 5000- it's really just the saddest, most pathetic way of deciding who earns a scholarship (and yes this is completely directed towards the process- not yourself).
I can't believe we've come to this point where "likes"/ "votes" or whatever you want to call them are now being used to sort out which essays are even worth reading and therefore who is the best candidate.
As for the time saving factor- are you honestly telling me the academics (or whoever decides these things) can't even be bothered to read these essays so they'll make a decision based on whoever has the best social networking skills??
I'm not sure I can agree with this, and here's why. WyzAnt looks to be a business that sells tutoring. They have the applicants promote themselves by getting people to visit the site and vote for their essay. These voters become potential clients for WyzAnt as they may need tutoring themselves.

I agree, this may be a bit underhanded, but there is $15000 in scholarship money to be won. And WyzAnt is a business that helps people with their education. We may not agree with the methods used here, but then this isn't the only potential scholarship out there either.
__________________
It's better to sit in silence and be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and remove all doubt..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-22-2014, 05:38 AM
toddmc's Avatar
toddmc toddmc is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,120
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnygrabber View Post
I'm not sure I can agree with this, and here's why. WyzAnt looks to be a business that sells tutoring. They have the applicants promote themselves by getting people to visit the site and vote for their essay. These voters become potential clients for WyzAnt as they may need tutoring themselves.

I agree, this may be a bit underhanded, but there is $15000 in scholarship money to be won. And WyzAnt is a business that helps people with their education. We may not agree with the methods used here, but then this isn't the only potential scholarship out there either.
If this were a social networking scholarship (or a WyzAnt scholarship for that matter) I would agree with you.
However, we're talking about a music scholarship here. Granted, social networking is a large part of the music biz nowadays and perhaps demonstrated skills in this area should at least be considered.
But to not even bother to read the essay based on votes alone??
Maybe we should apply this method of selection to all aspects of finding employment?
Imagine the time and money we'd save on reading worthless resumes and selection criteria when we can just put an essay online and wait for the votes to roll in?

What really shits me is that it looks like this kid is going to miss out on a scholarship just because he doesn't have enough facebook friends/ belong to enough forums and is not as well versed in manipulating social media as the competition.
Is he the best drummer/ the best candidate/ the hardest worker/ the most deserving? Who the hell cares??
He can't get enough votes, therefore he doesn't even deserve consideration. Yep, sounds totally fair to me.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-22-2014, 06:15 AM
sonnygrabber's Avatar
sonnygrabber sonnygrabber is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: As far away as is possible.
Posts: 465
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmc View Post
If this were a social networking scholarship (or a WyzAnt scholarship for that matter) I would agree with you.
However, we're talking about a music scholarship here. Granted, social networking is a large part of the music biz nowadays and perhaps demonstrated skills in this area should at least be considered.
But to not even bother to read the essay based on votes alone??
Maybe we should apply this method of selection to all aspects of finding employment?
Imagine the time and money we'd save on reading worthless resumes and selection criteria when we can just put an essay online and wait for the votes to roll in?

What really shits me is that it looks like this kid is going to miss out on a scholarship just because he doesn't have enough facebook friends/ belong to enough forums and is not as well versed in manipulating social media as the competition.
Is he the best drummer/ the best candidate/ the hardest worker/ the most deserving? Who the hell cares??
He can't get enough votes, therefore he doesn't even deserve consideration. Yep, sounds totally fair to me.
I'm picking up what you're putting down, bro. I had a look at the criteria and it appears to be an open-ended scholarship. The recipient determines the study they wish to pursue. So not just music...this is where the OP would use it.

Another thing that is interesting is that the top 10 vote recipients are considered and 10 others to be determined by the judges after reading the essays. The OP may not get in with votes but may get in by the merits of the essay. Then the pool of 20 essays are judged and there are three winners. One gets $10000, another $3000 and another $2000.
__________________
It's better to sit in silence and be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and remove all doubt..
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-22-2014, 07:51 AM
picodon's Avatar
picodon picodon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: France
Posts: 319
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Sorry but on my planet scholarships are for the talented and needy. (And, not or). Sure voting may be just 2 clicks, but by voting for one person just because he asked for it, you disadvantage others who may deserve it more.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Benfordrum Benfordrum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 171
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picodon View Post
Sorry but on my planet scholarships are for the talented and needy. (And, not or). Sure voting may be just 2 clicks, but by voting for one person just because he asked for it, you disadvantage others who may deserve it more.

Maybe if you took the time to read my essay, hear my playing or see my credentials you could say that. What's to say that i'm not talented AND (no "or", right?) needy? Judge if i'm talented, and based off of the thread link that i showed you from the original post, tell me if i'm needy. thanks

https://soundcloud.com/kyleboogie979/well-you-neednt


Edit: and yes this a sardonic post
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Dodeska's Avatar
Dodeska Dodeska is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Posts: 157
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfordrum View Post
JUST realized how many votes the first voter has- over 5,000. Hopeless cause to post here lol! Thank you for the support either way guys
Don't worry about that. Once he gets on the course we probably get a chance to vote him out anyway.
Oh, & I did give you my vote BTW, even though I too think this way of getting an education is ridiculous.
Simon Cowell has not only screwed the music industry, he's also fucked up the education system too. Way to go Cowell.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-23-2014, 05:37 AM
toddmc's Avatar
toddmc toddmc is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 1,120
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnygrabber View Post
Another thing that is interesting is that the top 10 vote recipients are considered and 10 others to be determined by the judges after reading the essays. The OP may not get in with votes but may get in by the merits of the essay. Then the pool of 20 essays are judged and there are three winners. One gets $10000, another $3000 and another $2000.
This makes me feel a tad better about the whole process (they'll read the damn essays at least).
My only problem was that I was under the impression it all came down to the ridiculous voting system to even get a look in. That being said, all 20 essays should be selected on their merits alone IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-23-2014, 06:15 AM
porter's Avatar
porter porter is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,624
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodeska View Post
Simon Cowell has not only screwed the music industry, he's also fucked up the education system too. Way to go Cowell.
I can't even begin to dissect this statement.

Anyways, I voted for yours a little while ago. Hopefully the stars align for you. If it weren't for my parents' savings, I would be pretty screwed as far as college goes, even with the $34k in scholarships I'm getting from SMU. If it doesn't work out, basically all I hear about in the music scene today is how most dudes don't have a formal education in the stuff- so it's possible to go that route :)
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-23-2014, 12:46 PM
picodon's Avatar
picodon picodon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: France
Posts: 319
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfordrum View Post
Maybe if you took the time to read my essay, hear my playing or see my credentials you could say that. What's to say that i'm not talented AND (no "or", right?) needy? Judge if i'm talented, and based off of the thread link that i showed you from the original post, tell me if i'm needy. thanks

https://soundcloud.com/kyleboogie979/well-you-neednt


Edit: and yes this a sardonic post
I did not say you are not talented or needy. I have no clue whether you are needy. I did read your essay but anyone can write things. I am not saying you're a liar either, I'll spare you another sardonic reply, but I have no elements to judge. About talent, I would have to see where ou stand vs the other candidates. Why would we vote for you at the expense of someone else is the question. By voting we just change the order of the ranking. Sending money would be a real help.

I am a little sick of people and companies asking for my votes and likes to make money and never see me back. I help relatives and friends. They can be very new friends but friends.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-23-2014, 06:18 PM
porter's Avatar
porter porter is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,624
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picodon View Post
I did not say you are not talented or needy.
Not so much "said" as "heavily implied"...
__________________
Check out my Youtube channel!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-23-2014, 07:38 PM
picodon's Avatar
picodon picodon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: France
Posts: 319
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

That's what you're reading, not my intention.

Excuse me if I'm taking the judging/voting job seriously. Excuse me if my vote is hard to get. It's a matter of principle.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Mike_In_KC Mike_In_KC is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 482
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picodon View Post
That's what you're reading, not my intention.

Excuse me if I'm taking the judging/voting job seriously. Excuse me if my vote is hard to get. It's a matter of principle.
Pico I know where you are coming from and I share similar beliefs/views on the process the OP is involved with. THAT said - I kinda look at this place as a weird (heavy emphasis on WEIRD) virtual "family". Everyone here has a common love for drumming and I have been helped by the "family" numerous times. I voted for the OP not because he was worthy, though he may be, and not because he is talented, though he may be. I voted for him because he is a drummer who asked me for a favor. If the competition posts a similar plea as the OP did I would also vote for her/him.

MM
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-24-2014, 12:34 AM
Benfordrum Benfordrum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 171
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by picodon View Post
That's what you're reading, not my intention.

Excuse me if I'm taking the judging/voting job seriously. Excuse me if my vote is hard to get. It's a matter of principle.


I don't know, I just find it funny that two clicks on a virtual machine creates so much of an issue for you to even post in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-24-2014, 12:54 AM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is online now
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 13,393
Default Re: Help me win a college scholarship!

So the question is do we sit here and debate and condemn the process or do we help a brother out? If all the participants asked for my vote I would just to give them a shot. TBH my opinion of any candidates talent is a moot point. It's about having a shot to be really judged. My judgement doesn't matter. Yea, I totally disagree with the process, it's stupid, but the larger issue is helping out a fellow drummer. So props to you Ben for doing what you have to, to fulfill your re-diculous criteria requirements.

Voted. 59 and counting.
__________________
Great art is born out of great pain.

Gomez Addams
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com