DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-05-2005, 07:41 AM
LiquidSoul546 LiquidSoul546 is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 198
Default Tre' Cool

Alright, this is a drummers thread, and i don't want to argue but discuss this guys talent factor. I mean, how is he such a great drummer? I am wondering this because i can see what he plays is all so simple, and if he is sponsered why not you, or any other drummer that can belt out 1 and 3 on bass drum, 2 and 4 snare, with eighth note highats. He's sponsered cause he is in a popular band. And he's a "great" because he's in a popular band. if someone could prove me wrong i'd like to hear.
Thanks
P.S, don't get mad at me if you like him, i totaly respect if you like the band, and love what he does.
Peace

Trť Cool page on DrummerWorld

Last edited by DogBreath; 10-03-2005 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Edited to add link to DrummerWorld
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Raymond Bloom's Avatar
Raymond Bloom Raymond Bloom is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Latvia
Posts: 1,034
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

woah, u sayed it really as it is...

Most of people Who start threads about him says ''Tre is the best'' ''Tre is absolutely the greatest''

I bet he is a good drummer, no doubt, he is probably well trained and so, but YES he is being endorsed just because he has got lucky to get in a popular band, there are loats of drummers with similar skill lvl and even better but they just ain't popular.
__________________

my new d'n'b set-up!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2005, 12:45 PM
DrZoidberg[ITA]'s Avatar
DrZoidberg[ITA] DrZoidberg[ITA] is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bari,Italy
Posts: 22
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Maybe his tempos are simple because is their genre simple.. What Greenday(s) do are sipmle riff made of some chords and so they request a simple groove or just a permanent 4/4.. I never heard him play something without the band so i can't tell if he isn't really a good drummer or not..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Wegadrummer's Avatar
Wegadrummer Wegadrummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Norway
Posts: 1,260
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

yeah... a good example is the drummer for Him too.. he is not so good, but since the band are popular,he is sponsored..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2005, 01:39 PM
NUTHA JASON's Avatar
NUTHA JASON NUTHA JASON is offline
Senior Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london
Posts: 3,903
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

this is always a debate that cmes up on drumming forums eventually. and the real question is: what is a good or great drummer?

for myself i define it as follows:

good drummers:
-play for the song whether it is simple or complex.
-hold a good groove down and keep the beat.
-select tasteful fills, intros and endings.
-have a balanced amount of impressive flash and workday rhythm
there are many thousands of good drummers. it is actually quite easy to be a good drummer. i am certainly one.

great drummers:
- first of all are all the characteristcs of good drummers
-they innovate new techniques or combine old principles in novel ways
-they find an unusual way to play for a song that still works perfectly but tdoes not detract or distract the song.
-they are exceptionally flashy when they need to be. almost inuman in speed or agility.
-they teach and help the art of percussion grow
-very often they are temporaly located (i e they are great because of what they did WHEN they did it...other better drummers have come along and taken their ideas forward but they are great because they came up with the idea in the first place)

in terms of all this tre cool is a good drummer (very good in my opinion) but ringo is a great drummer because he fits more into this categorisation above.

j
__________________

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Bernhard's Avatar
Bernhard Bernhard is offline
Founder Drummerworld
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Riehen - Basel - Switzerland
Posts: 2,090
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

My words Nutha....

and don't forget:

10000 drummers were getting better because they listened to Steve Gadd - that's great.

...but 2 Million people started drumming because of Ringo - that's great too.

So when somebodey starts drumming because of T.C or T.B. or J.J. - that's great.

To make progress they can listen then to Josh Freese, Will Kennedy, Bobby Jarzombek, Adam Deitch, Mark Mondesir, Ari Hoenig, Joel Rosenblatt or Stanton Moore...to name a few.

(That's why Tre Cool, T.B and J.J. found their spotlight on DW)

Bernhard
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Superlow's Avatar
Superlow Superlow is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 702
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Tre Cool is a great drummer for his genre. I listened to Green Day about 10 Years ago when they came out with Dookie and Kerplunk perviously. Tre Cool was an animal back then and is animal now. Although he isn't exactly rewriting drum history with making up complex and intricate rhythms he does really well what appeals to most drummers and non-drummers alike. He plays simple yet catchy rhythms and plays with a good pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-05-2005, 06:25 PM
tylernator tylernator is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 61
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

if you all think that about Tre' Cool...then what do you think of him getting Drummer Of The Year in !DRUM magazine?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-05-2005, 06:27 PM
NUTHA JASON's Avatar
NUTHA JASON NUTHA JASON is offline
Senior Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london
Posts: 3,903
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

we cover basket case and american idiot and i must say his drumming is loads of fun to play. i tend to pull his facial expressions which i find helps with the general greenday madness sound.

j
__________________

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-05-2005, 06:28 PM
LDGuy's Avatar
LDGuy LDGuy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 224
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

I think the guy is cool from the point that is great at playing good time, in the pocket. Greenday's music, on the other hand, i can't stand. It's good to hear someone in the nu-punk genre with some good tasteful drumming there, but i think that's all i can really see in the music they play.
__________________
www.myspace.com/lawrencedunn
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-05-2005, 06:59 PM
Elemental Nausea
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

I think he is a bit over average punk drummer, i dont know what else he can play. travis barker is definitely the better drummer i think, with also much jazz education and generally also theoretical knowledge.what i cannot really understand either is that drummers like john dolmayan or brad wilk are on this drummers homepage; well i like both rage against... and soad but in dont think their drumming is really outstanding, they just just fit the band very well
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Bozzio-v-portnoy's Avatar
Bozzio-v-portnoy Bozzio-v-portnoy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Macclesfield, UK
Posts: 25
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

dolmayan is good. Check out the new album, a song called "Revenga" its pretty good.

Tre gives a great live performance. I think he is a good drummer! and I'm with NJ - basket case is great fun!
__________________
Join us...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2005, 10:45 PM
LiquidSoul546 LiquidSoul546 is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 198
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

yeah, i believe he is a good drummer for his genre. but if you put him in a situation like give him a gig with eric clapton, and i dunno how good he'd do. but i do give him props for gettin more people to drum, i just don't think he can do any more than what he does.
Nutha Jason- your point is everything i believe to. just i don't think he could play anything outside greenday.
peace
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2005, 11:26 PM
spacebeat3117 spacebeat3117 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Tre Cool is amazing period. If you have doubts listen to "Jesus of Suburbia" off of American Idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-06-2005, 02:51 PM
C_H C_H is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 71
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

he has a tight groove in one or two songs.... part from that you might aswell talk about travis barker (heaven frobid)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-08-2005, 03:42 AM
largo61's Avatar
largo61 largo61 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 146
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

It is hard to judge him because of the band he is in. They don't do anything complex enough show his talent. Anyone can take the place of Green Day and knowone would notice. I personally hate Green Day because they are so liberal and anti-american. The hardest song they have on drums is Basket Case and I learned it in about 10 minutes. He just doesn't do anything special.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
rendezvous_drummer's Avatar
rendezvous_drummer rendezvous_drummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 3,182
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

He is a good drummer, not great, not grand, but good. Alot of his stuff is simple, but it fits, he could be more creative though.
__________________
LET THE PEOPLE SING
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-08-2005, 07:55 PM
thrashed's Avatar
thrashed thrashed is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crowborough, East Sussex
Posts: 75
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSoul546
Alright, this is a drummers thread, and i don't want to argue but discuss this guys talent factor. I mean, how is he such a great drummer? I am wondering this because i can see what he plays is all so simple, and if he is sponsered why not you, or any other drummer that can belt out 1 and 3 on bass drum, 2 and 4 snare, with eighth note highats. He's sponsered cause he is in a popular band. And he's a "great" because he's in a popular band. if someone could prove me wrong i'd like to hear.
Thanks
P.S, don't get mad at me if you like him, i totaly respect if you like the band, and love what he does.
Peace
I agree with this post ^

because even thought he is resonably good he is overated because of the band he plays in like lars urich is but i still love green days music just like i love the white stripes music even though meg white, well isn't the most talented drummer lets say.. lol ;)

but what i do think is that we should not agrue on about who is the best drummer or the worst drummer because at the end of the day there the ones with the paychecks and all the cash not us (well most of us on this forum lol!) so i therefore appriciate every drums playing.

with thanks,

Thrashed :)
__________________
I use:
Yamaha DTXTreme 2s

with

Tama Twin Iron Cobra Pedals

www.myspace.com/sebborocks
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Jaymasta's Avatar
Jaymasta Jaymasta is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 288
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Tre Cool is an awsome drummer. I use to be a huge fan of Green Day but no such much any more because american idiot is just not that punk more like pop/punk which I'm not a fan of but. Tre had some good drumming on that album also on Dookie and Nimrod. Tre plays easy stuff but can be a challenge at times it uses alot of energy to hit the toms really fast and stuff.
Alot of you think Tre Can't play stuff outside of Green Day but he can It's possible to find some videos of him playing alone but also very hard just because he plays punk (not hard stuff to play) deosn't mean he can't play drums at all hes been playing since he was a little kid I'm sure he can almost every catagory of music he likes to play metal music like Iron maiden, Metallica etc.... He loves drums and he owns over a dozen of them he sometimes just leaves his drums lying around at a friends house. Hes on tour now with his band Green Day and he does Drum Solo's almost every show. He has a really nice kit I've noticed he got more cymbals for the American Idiot album. Anyways Tre is an awsome drummer
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-08-2005, 11:53 PM
JW89
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Too many people are listening to stuff on American Idiot and considering it to be good/bad, you people need to go back and listen to albums like Kerplunk, Insomniac, Dookie, and even Nimrod. I taught myself how to play listening to these albums and there are fills and grooves that i still cant play. But there is drumming that is 10 times better on these albums, then on American Idiot, i suggest u guys start listening to them. Tre has amazing endurance and energy when he plays, and most people probably havent heard him playing outside of the recording studio, i bet hes really good.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Mario Vincent Mario Vincent is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 62
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Last two posts put it nicely...

another 2 cents:

I respect and like green day but Iím not a superfan or anything so i would consider myself unbiased. I canít argue that Tre's stuff isn't simple but its tasteful and I think he should be given some credit for speed and stamina. His very solid and plays fairly effortlessly on Greendays generally upbeat tracks (Iím talking about live footage, and pre-american idiot in general). Great sound too.

Not trying to start a fight and really donít care about either frankly but I'd much rather watch Tre then Travis Barker, just to throw that out there.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-09-2005, 12:15 PM
laurence_drummer laurence_drummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: southampton, england
Posts: 45
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

i think he's an awesome drummer with a cool attitude! he's definately a big inspiration to me and my drumming...i dont think Greenday could wish for a better drummer! so i love him, definatey one of my faves!

laurence.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-09-2005, 03:54 PM
HardRockDrummer HardRockDrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 69
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurence_drummer
i think he's an awesome drummer with a cool attitude! he's definately a big inspiration to me and my drumming...i dont think Greenday could wish for a better drummer! so i love him, definatey one of my faves!

laurence.
greenday could definitely get a better drummer if they wanted. they just dont want a new drummer.
what exactly do you mean by "a cool attitude"? i don't quite get it.
tre's drumming is simply great fun to listen to and to play to. that's why i like him, but he's not that great. i saw them playing live on tv (rock-am-ring concert on mtv2) and in some of the songs the speed was changing everywhere! not a very good timekeeper i guess.

yer, i do prefer tre to travis as well. at least tre doesn't sound like a drum-machine.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-09-2005, 04:13 PM
devilfish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Well, I came into this post late, but I'll agree with both sides. I don't think that Tre is doing anything special, and in my opinion, his grooves, from album to album sound similar. However, he lays down a nasty groove, keeps the beat, drives GD and fits with the other members' idiosyncrasies. GD wouldn't be GD if you took Tre away and say, put Matt Chamberlain in the spot. Matt is a great drummer, he just wouldn't fit with the whole GD theme. So, Tre is sponsored because he is a good drummer and he's in a good band. Companies want to be promoted, so if it's a question of how he became sponsored, well, GD sells tons of albums and tours, so his sponsors get publicity. If they sponsor you or me, they don't get as much out of the deal. Again, only my opinion.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Stevis's Avatar
Stevis Stevis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Franklin, WI
Posts: 188
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Now I am not the biggest fan of Greenday here, but when I do listen to some of there songs, it's simple but very catchy. Now that whole so-cal punk rock scene they play in that's what they kinda go for is the simplicity of things. And for tre-cool to work and work to make the drums more complicated or technical, I see no point, the way he plays now is what got him there in the first place, and the band has gotton so succesful, won a grammy, and made millions, I think its perfect for him to keep playing what he plays. There music attracts so many different people and influences so many kids to pick up instruments and start playing.

To me tre - cool is kinda a gateway drummer. Him and greenday get kids an poeple into music in a way where the instruments don't seem so confusing and then once people enter the greenday gateway they also enter a whole new world of music for people to explore. Then it is up to them whether or not they want to take it to the next step and follow some of the greats.

To me I agree with what Nutha said about the goods, and the greats, And really agree with what Bernhard said, "10000 drummers were getting better because they listened to Steve Gadd - that's great.

...but 2 Million people started drumming because of Ringo - that's great too."

Tre is kinda like the ringo of today.




These are my opinions on tre' cool.

Plus I like the singers voice, it's very catchy.
__________________
Anti-Emo Sith Lord
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Dannar Dannar is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kansas City/Wichita/everywhere inbetween
Posts: 98
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Tre is a perfect example of a less is more style drummer. He doesn't overplay, because if he did, it would make Green Day sound too cluttered. The American Idot album (although I don't agree with Green Day's politcal views) is a great album, much more mature than their previous stuff. Tre playing on it is very solid, and he plays some killer fills.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Jaymasta's Avatar
Jaymasta Jaymasta is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 288
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Tre Isn't a millionare hes just a normal guy with some money not looking to impress anyone with his drumming Tre got sponcered way before American Idiot was released hes a very talented drummer that has a great style to his drum playing I just have a complaint on Green Day. The thing is when I liked Green Day they had real punk fans people with mohawks and coloured hair and ya....... Reason I'm not into Green Day so much anymore is because there new stuff is at the limit where they have an image like The Used, My Chemical Romance etc..
And most of there fans our now 10 year old screaming girls "OHHHH BILLIE JOE IS SOOO HOT" and "TRE COOL IS SO CUTE AND HES THE BEST DRUMMER IN THE WORLD" and that's why there so popular today It's because there now officially one of the Boy Bands of
Today. You can ask any young girl if they know who Green Day is they would know but back then when Green Day were more punk then pop you could ask a little girl who Green Day was they wouldn't know It's funny how Green Day fans know there new stuff but not there old stuff and it ticks me off so I think Green Day is 100% pure pop/punk. I'm not so much into there new stuff but Tre Cool is an awsome drummer and deserves what he got but if he doesn't lose that make up crap and that goes for billie to then there going to be the next Good Charlotte so drumming will run in Tre's family I think Tre is going to teach his youngest son to play drums so It's going to run in the family and I bet his son is going to be a successful drummer to either that or hes not going to drum at all! and you all got to admit Tre has a nice kit for the american idiot album who wouldn't want a ludwig like that....
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Stevis's Avatar
Stevis Stevis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Franklin, WI
Posts: 188
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Strib
I don't agree that Tre Cool is the Ringo of today.

Ringo is known by most people of most music genre's. Tre Cool is known by a few drummers and fans of pop-punk.
I'm not saying he is completely 100% percent ringo starr. Just the fact that he got a lot of people to start playing drums like ringo starr did at his time.
__________________
Anti-Emo Sith Lord
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-11-2005, 06:25 AM
finnhiggins's Avatar
finnhiggins finnhiggins is offline
GONE MUCH TOO EARLY!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,430
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevis
I'm not saying he is completely 100% percent ringo starr. Just the fact that he got a lot of people to start playing drums like ringo starr did at his time.
I'll second that. The vast majority of drummers I've met who started around a decade ago were kicked off by one of the following:

* Nirvana
* Green Day
* The Smashing Pumpkins
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Alk3fan's Avatar
Alk3fan Alk3fan is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 124
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

I think Tre' Cool does good for Greeday. I like his sense of rythm and the feel he puts on his drumming. No, its not too complicated, but it fits doesn't it? It makes the song that much better when the drumming fits rather than showing off skill and not fitting. And when people say that he is just caught in the right band at the right time.. the band did have to work a good bit to get to there point now. He must have some skill to make it this far right?
Even though their stuff is simple.. people like it, and so they make what the people like, giving them the glory.

: )
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 08-20-2005, 11:38 PM
Wegadrummer's Avatar
Wegadrummer Wegadrummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Norway
Posts: 1,260
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

i think tre is a great drummer who fits perfect to green day.. he is not the best, but not the badest either.. he got a nice sence of "grooving" i think.. just listen to Holiday, i must admit i love the drumming on that song.. yeah, and dont bash ringo.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-22-2005, 01:03 AM
Ferdinand
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

I think Tre is awesome drummer. Not the greatest.
If you think Green Day songs are simple or easy try playing them making faces and jumping around.
Green Day also has a whole bunch cover songs...ex Rolling Stones, Marylin Manson, Elvis Presley, The Cure, The Who, Operation Ivy, Billy Idol, Sex Pistols, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Def Leppard, The Ramones, Queen, Led Zeppelin, The Ramones etc...
So Tre can play more then just "punk" or w/e you guys call it. Go to http://www.greendayauthority.com/TheBand/songlist.shtml for the whole list.
Tre also played with The Lookouts, Sreeching Weasels, and Samiam.
You can probably download some of these songs.
I think you guys should listen to more than just what he played in Green Day before you judge how good a drummer he is.
I also heard a drum solo he played. I probably still have it on my computer somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Jaymasta's Avatar
Jaymasta Jaymasta is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 288
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRockDrummer
haha one testicle! i didn't know that!
anyway... since when has he changed his endorsement from slingerland to ludwig? he was on an advert on a drum magazine
Maybe hes not endorced by ludwig probably just using a ludwig that's all..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-23-2005, 01:03 AM
spacebeat3117 spacebeat3117 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 52
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Whats not to like about tre cool-good band -good drummer -inspiration to many young drummers -wild antics on stage and he really seems like a fun guy to be around.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-21-2005, 10:38 PM
yakbutter yakbutter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 125
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

OK, I'm jumping on this thread kinda late, but I don't really understand the criticisms of Tre Cool presented thus far. SImple? Yeah, and just about everything else you hear from rock bands on the radio! What do you want him to play? Some Vinnie Colaiuta lick from Joe's Garage? Doesn't work in Green Day, people.

I think Green Day would actually be a challenging band to play for, considering the tempos and intensity of the music. There are tons of fast fills and you have to play them hard, too. Try doing that for a two-hour set!

I have seen footage of certain songs where he rushes the beat, but I'd probably be doing that too if I were playing in front of a packed stadium.

Also, John Dolmayan is a pretty sick drummer. The ultra-quick sixteenth notes on the first song off Toxicity is enough to tell you that.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-22-2005, 03:30 AM
Zildjian232 Zildjian232 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 108
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

tre is just solid. He is nothing special, but i have a certain amount of respect for musicians out there who made it and are popualar. I personally do not like greenday. they are just like every other pop punk band on mtv.
__________________
I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-22-2005, 03:38 AM
Zildjian232 Zildjian232 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 108
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Code:
I think Green Day would actually be a challenging band to play for, considering the tempos and intensity of the music. There are tons of fast fills and you have to play them hard, too. Try doing that for a two-hour set!

i hope your being sarcastic and trying to bring humor into the thread. i could have my sister take drumlessons for 2 months and go on tour with them. Zeppelin is a good example of intensity. john bonham is an amazing drummer and zeppelins legend will live on. Danny carey from tool. i get fustrated trying ot play some of those songs. green day... no way. anybody can play fast. its how you play and sometimes its what you dont do that makes you brilliant
__________________
I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:09 AM
southpawNotadrummer southpawNotadrummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjian232
tre is just solid. He is nothing special, but i have a certain amount of respect for musicians out there who made it and are popualar. I personally do not like greenday. they are just like every other pop punk band on mtv.
Except they were the first ones to do it...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:41 AM
Jaymasta's Avatar
Jaymasta Jaymasta is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 288
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjian232


i hope your being sarcastic and trying to bring humor into the thread. i could have my sister take drumlessons for 2 months and go on tour with them. Zeppelin is a good example of intensity. john bonham is an amazing drummer and zeppelins legend will live on. Danny carey from tool. i get fustrated trying ot play some of those songs. green day... no way. anybody can play fast. its how you play and sometimes its what you dont do that makes you brilliant
ok John and Danny are different then what Tre plays and Green Day is not really speed. I don't listen to a band for the drumming (I only listen to the drums on some songs so I can play along or learn new stuff) I listen to a band for the music. It really deosn't matter if your drumming isn't difficult in a Pop/Punk song what matters is that Tre's playing fits the music. Tre Is getting better I listened to Kerplunk (which I liked the most) all the way to American Idiot and I have to say Tre has gotten so much better he's an amazing drummer. Your sister taking drum lessons for 2 months would be no where close to what Tre plays so yeah.....
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-22-2005, 04:48 AM
southpawNotadrummer southpawNotadrummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5
Default Re: Tre' Cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymasta
ok John and Danny are different then what Tre plays and Green Day is not really speed. I don't listen to a band for the drumming (I only listen to the drums on some songs so I can play along or learn new stuff) I listen to a band for the music. It really deosn't matter if your drumming isn't difficult in a Pop/Punk song what matters is that Tre's playing fits the music. Tre Is getting better I listened to Kerplunk (which I liked the most) all the way to American Idiot and I have to say Tre has gotten so much better he's an amazing drummer. Your sister taking drum lessons for 2 months would be no where close to what Tre plays so yeah.....
Also, there was a noticeable difference between him and John/Al, the previous drummer featured on tracks 13-16 of Kerplunk. That was a total change in drummers, and a subsequent change, however minor, in sound and outcome.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com