DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:59 AM

Default Please Delete :)

Hello Drummerworld,

Thanks for your support. I've deleted the original thread as I have heard from Imperial, so we'll see how we go.

Last edited by Australian Drum Supply; 02-05-2014 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Problem fixed. Hopefully.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:09 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: IMPERIAL CYMBALS RIPPED US OFF!!!

The guys who photoshopped their brand name over Zildjian ZHT's in their ads? They hardly screamed of professionalism from the outset. Careful who you get into bed with.

Unfortunately, you're a bit late to this party. They looked like a bucket shop when they showed up here to flog their wares. In fact there's few threads about them on DW if you care to search for them. Many of us always suspected someone was gonna get royally ripped off. Sorry to hear it was you guys.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:11 AM
Platinum Member

It's always a little jarring when a brand-new member's first post is of this nature. I suspect that some posters may find this a little suspicious but I wish you all the best.

A couple of years ago, Imperial cymbals came on here tried to advertise their wares. I remember them being told where to go after their sales pitch came across and unprofessional and borderline offensive. I also remember them blatantly photoshopping pictures from the Zildjian website to use on their own (specifically ZHT hi-hats).

Frankly, although the offences were fairly 'minor', it did put some people on here right off Imperial cymbals. I'm not sure a single member has disclosed owning one - not because they're necessarily bad cymbals - put partly a lack of exposure and partly a lack of trust.

I hope that your issues get sorted and that you can follow through with legal action, should you need to take it. Unfortunately I have no idea what legal recourse you have at this point. Were they based in the US or Turkey? Or a strange combination of both? Can you take civil action overseas for (what essentially amounts to) fraud? Have they themselves been declared bankrupt?

EDIT: Damn you Jules!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
It's always a little jarring when a brand-new member's first post is of this nature. I suspect that some posters may find this a little suspicious but I wish you all the best.
I couldn't agree more. I am a frequent poster, but i've opened a new account just to keep business and personal opinions away from each other.

Please feel free to visit our FB page just to see that we are in fact a 'real' company.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:19 AM

I hear your pain. Unfortunately, as a businessman, I believe that the only way to conduct business in between the parties involved - not involve an internet forum to air disappointments and failed business ventures on line. Their phone number is posted clearly (855-8-IMPERIAL) and I'm sure you have it. Additionally, as every story has at least two sides, a one-sided event of what occurred is not fair to any party involved. What happens in your business transactions with Imperial is not only no business of ours but something you have to be able to resolve to your benefit if you plan on staying in business for very long. Good luck with your (quiet) resolution to this issue.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 AM

I think what he was trying to say though MileHighDrummer was beware making orders with Imperial Cymbals. Trauling with Imperial's FB page I've noticed a lot comments going "where is my order I haven't received it yet?"
Old 01-29-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighDrummer View Post
I hear your pain. Unfortunately, as a businessman, I believe that the only way to conduct business in between the parties involved - not involve an internet forum to air disappointments and failed business ventures on line. Their phone number is posted clearly (855-8-IMPERIAL) and I'm sure you have it. Additionally, as every story has at least two sides, a one-sided event of what occurred is not fair to any party involved. What happens in your business transactions with Imperial is not only no business of ours but something you have to be able to resolve to your benefit if you plan on staying in business for very long. Good luck with your (quiet) resolution to this issue.

I also agree with this, on the proviso that the company is contactable, accountable, and willing to co-operate.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighDrummer View Post
His post indicates that he's tried numerous times to make those contacts and it hasn't happened. Takes two to tango, and the second person has made off with the record player.

Yeah, those guys didn't seem like the paragon of integrity from the get-go.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 AM

Sorry for a bit of hijack but tried to look at your stuff (website), mate, and it said the link was broken and took me to my facebook page. Thought you outta know.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnygrabber View Post
Sorry for a bit of hijack but tried to look at your stuff (website), mate, and it said the link was broken and took me to my facebook page. Thought you outta know.
Thankyou. My web guy just shut it down for me until further notice. I'm not sure how to upload a screen grab of what it does look like.

Here is the Facebook link.

https://www.facebook.com/australiandrumsupply
Old 01-29-2014, 07:30 AM
Gold Member

Other than the fact that they follow me on twitter I don't know much about them.
But whoever runs their account is still active, they just tweeted 40 min ago.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:56 PM

Definitely not overreacting. This is totally juvenile and unprofessional behaviour on the part of Imperial Cymbals. Probably the best suggestion I would have would be to contact their key endorsees and other distributors for their product and inform those groups of what has occurred. Indirect action might just turn out the best result. If you've dropped a lot of cash into an investment like this then you are entitled to get what you pay for. The fact that you're trying to provide a service and all they've done is spit in your face shows that they couldn't care less about you or your customers.

So take the step and ensure they lose all their customers. That's what I'd do. In fact, I did that once already when I got ripped off by someone who refused to provide a refund for a faulty product. The power of the internet can be quite useful at times.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwearnohats View Post
Definitely not overreacting. This is totally juvenile and unprofessional behaviour on the part of Imperial Cymbals. Probably the best suggestion I would have would be to contact their key endorsees and other distributors for their product and inform those groups of what has occurred. Indirect action might just turn out the best result. If you've dropped a lot of cash into an investment like this then you are entitled to get what you pay for. The fact that you're trying to provide a service and all they've done is spit in your face shows that they couldn't care less about you or your customers.

So take the step and ensure they lose all their customers. That's what I'd do. In fact, I did that once already when I got ripped off by someone who refused to provide a refund for a faulty product. The power of the internet can be quite useful at times.
The power of the internet indeed.I would first,make sure that all my ducks were in a row,talk to a lawyer,to make sure I wasn't breaking any libel or slander laws,and then post this on every single drum forum on the planet.But first,I'd give fair warning of say,a couple of hours,to "Imperial" cymbals.

Those guys seemed about a straight as a dogs hind leg,when they tried to hawk their wares here,in the most juvenile and unprofessional way possible,clearly to a target audience who's parent's fund their drumming activities.

And the reverse endorsement bologna,appeals to the younger players,who are unaware of just how that deal goes.They just want to be endorsed........when the reverse is actually how it works.

I would look into Crescent cymbals,who recently struck a deal with Sabian,who will start making Crescent cymbals in their Canadian factory.Sounds like some good ground floor stuff.

Steve B
Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

The fact that Imperial doesn't even have their own web site is a red flag. Not that they're (necessarily) crooks, but that they don't think enough of their own product to spend $5 or 6 a month for hosting. A blogspot.com subdomain is one thing, but when you're (supposedly) running a business, host the domain and at least try to look like pros!

Being cheap and clueless ranks right down there with the other deceptions we've seen.

Bermuda
Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 PM
Silver Member

Man from what I've seen lately there sure is a lot of drama in the cymbal world. I won't mention any companies but there's two who are at war with one another and neither were at NAMM this year.

I was thinking about it this AM and the old proverb "When seeking revenge, dig two graves". That's about the gist of it.

Best Regards,
Bill Ray
http://billraydrums.com
Old 01-29-2014, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
The fact that Imperial doesn't even have their own web site is a red flag.
I am NOT defending Imperial but I found what I think is their website here:

http://www.imperialcymbals.bigcartel.com/

If that is not the same company I apologize for linking whatever company it is to this thread. I also trolled Imperial's Facebook and noted two other complainants besides our Aussie friend, both posting about orders not being delivered. It definitely smells funny...

I went to their web site and read their FAQ's - this was at the very bottom of the page:

* Standard turn around times are 4-6 weeks. All cymbals are hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey.

Man I hate this stuff.

MM

Last edited by Mike_In_KC; 01-29-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: added text
Old 01-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_In_KC View Post

http://www.imperialcymbals.bigcartel.com/

If that is not the same company I apologize for linking whatever company it is to this thread. I also trolled Imperial's Facebook and noted two other complainants besides our Aussie friend, both posting about orders not being delivered. It definitely smells funny...

I went to their web site and read their FAQ's - this was at the very bottom of the page:

* Standard turn around times are 4-6 weeks. All cymbals are hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey.

Man I hate this stuff.

MM
That's them.

Makes me laugh that they have all of the 'merchandise' stuff pictured and featured on the page before the cymbals, some of which are lacking decent descriptions and pictures...
Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 PM
keep it simple
This message has been deleted by keep it simple.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:07 AM

Those shorts look like something you'd wear alongside a whip and gag.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:45 AM

Sorry to hear about what happened to your business, and subsequent loss of school funding. I hadn't heard about this company until I read this thread. Thanks for posting the warning. I hope you can get everything turned around and recover from this, even if they leave you hanging.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Those shorts look like something you'd wear alongside a whip and gag.
I've ordered twenty pairs.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
I've ordered twenty pairs.
Of shorts or whips and gags?
Old 01-30-2014, 03:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseownzu View Post
Of shorts or whips and gags?
Only a select twenty contestants will find out!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Silver Member

Imperial have a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialCymbals

We could all post a link to this thread on their facebook page and see if there will be any response from them.

Read this also:
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...perial-Cymbals
Old 01-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Platinum Member

Good idea. - Done. Time to do something about it, and facebook is great for mass/social impact.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Good idea. - Done. Time to do something about it, and facebook is great for mass/social impact.
I've deleted my post here so I can post freely as an individual on Imperial Cymbal's FB page without fear of smear/backlash against my business. I'm happy to support those defrauded by this "company", but I need to be prudent too. In the meantime, I'm happy to support warnings so that others don't fall into the same trap, but also to encourage them to respond to their debtors. My priority is that our members, & the drumming community at large, get satisfaction.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_In_KC View Post

imperialcymbals.bigcartel.com
This is not what real company's URL looks like - it should be imperialcymbals.com, not a subdomain of bigcartel (whatever that is.) They own their domain name - it forwards to the bigcartel site. Spend $5/mo to host the name!!

Amatuers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jornthedrummer View Post
Imperial have a facebook page:

www.facebook.com/ImperialCymbals
Facebook is not a web site for commerce, it's social media, which is different. Of course, there are 'companies' that only have a Facebook page and are trying to run a business from there. That's the height of unprofessionalism and cheapness.

That's not to say everyone with a dedicated site is ethical, but the lack of one is always a red flag when someone wants to sell something.

Bermuda
Old 01-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Call a lawyer, have him send them a letter. If nothing, sue. Make sure they end up paying for the lawyer and get your money back.

Why haven't you already done this?
Old 01-30-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
My guess is:

amount of money involved < cost of lawyer and filing international business lawsuit

Imperial followed me on twitter a little while ago and I was immediately struck by how little information is available on their webpage regarding the product. Different cymbals represented by rows and rows of the same tiled thumbnail image. No sound files.

HEY! You've hauled my attention this far into your part of the internet. You have two clicks before I dont care about your cymbals anymore.

Quite easy to find endless appeals to "send in your endorsement application" though.

They might actually be great cymbals but I wouldn't give cash, let alone a card number to someone who seemed to be building a product buzz before a product.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:14 PM
Mike_In_KC
This message has been deleted by Mike_In_KC.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
Call a lawyer, have him send them a letter. If nothing, sue. Make sure they end up paying for the lawyer and get your money back.

Totally agree, it may be a common evil in today's world, but you cannot get anything done without a lawyer. See if they will take it on contingency. Only that lawyer's letterhead is going to make them think they may have just F#%*ed with the wrong dude.

Good luck!
Vater 2B
Hardware Assorted
Old 01-31-2014, 06:02 AM

I posted a comment on their page earlier and saw where other DW members posted. Not to add fuel to this fire but they have since deleted out posts. Can't say that I am surprised. looks like it is up to the OP to get this one straightened out. It really sucks, and I wish Australian Drum supply the best. Hopefully you can get things sorted out and find some new cymbal companies.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:33 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand1969 View Post
, but you cannot get anything done without a lawyer.
It's just not our first plan of action in this country though mate. Right, wrong or indifferent, going "legal" is not our first thought and a far cry from our first point of call.

Now, the times they are a changin'....that's a given. But it'll still take us a while before the mind set is that the first call made, is to a lawyer. :-)
Old 01-31-2014, 06:37 AM

Agreed, excessive legal action is frowned upon and often mocked by a lot of people in this country. Unfortunately it has been becoming more commonplace, but it's not as bad as in the US.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Agreed, excessive legal action is frowned upon and often mocked by a lot of people in this country. Unfortunately it has been becoming more commonplace, but it's not as bad as in the US.
Then I think I may move to Australia, because my experience in personal life and business is" Thank you, please direct any further correspondence directly to my lawyer"

But, this is America, land of opportunity and freedom: where not everyone has basic health insurance and access to medication, where we produce more food than the world could eat, but children and their families go to bed at night hungry and there are 70,000 homeless people in Dallas TX alone.

If you don't like what I just said, fine, vote in another GW Busch, but don't dare challenge the fact I am telling the truth! By the way, I lost my biological father in Vietnam, my adopted father served frontline in Korea (won a purpleheart) and I have done my service in the Armed service. Paid my dues to speak my mind!

Probably just got banned, but it was freakin worth it!
Vater 2B
Hardware Assorted
Old 01-31-2014, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Then I think I may move to Australia....................
Beer is ice cold and the weather is HOT!!!!

Why wouldn't ya???

[don't let the little fact that it is located miles from nowhere........firmly at the arse end of the known world stop you!!]
Old 01-31-2014, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Then I think I may move to Australia, because my experience in personal life and business is" Thank you, please direct any further correspondence directly to my lawyer"

But, this is America, land of opportunity and freedom: where not everyone has basic health insurance and access to medication, where we produce more food than the world could eat, but children and their families go to bed at night hungry and there are 70,000 homeless people in Dallas TX alone.

If you don't like what I just said, fine, vote in another GW Busch, but don't dare challenge the fact I am telling the truth! By the way, I lost my biological father in Vietnam, my adopted father served frontline in Korea (won a purpleheart) and I have done my service in the Armed service. Paid my dues to speak my mind!

Probably just got banned, but it was freakin worth it!
Yes, we don't like political talk because it causes division. This place is about uniting as drummers and then dividing over gear likes and dislikes, not to mention techniques and grips. So far I'm not liking what I'm hearing about these Imperials because I've followed this story since its infancy.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerjims View Post
they have since deleted out posts.
Yes, rather than manning up & making some attempt at rectifying the situation, they've run away, & pretended it didn't happen. This gives you some idea of the likelihood they'll settle of their own accord. Time for a legal threat I'd say, especially with the sums of money involved.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:06 AM
Silver Member

A quick whois scan...oh look, and there's a name & a phone number! Have fun...

http://www.whois.com/whois/imperialcymbals.com

Best Regards,
Bill Ray
http://billraydrums.com
Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillRayDrums View Post

http://www.whois.com/whois/imperialcymbals.com
& an address! Nice one Bill :)

ADS, get that letter sent!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidline303 View Post
Imperial followed me on twitter a little while ago and I was immediately struck by how little information is available on their webpage regarding the product. Different cymbals represented by rows and rows of the same tiled thumbnail image. No sound files.
They followed me as well, I guess it's a poor way to advertise their product, especially if not supported by further information on their website. Probably they just followed everyone who has the word "drummer" in their profile...
Old 01-31-2014, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillRayDrums View Post
I say, well done sir!