DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > DrummerWorld Site News

DrummerWorld Site News What's New at DrummerWorld

Old 01-13-2014, 01:37 AM
Silver Member

Default Gig Thread?

Has anybody ever though about putting up a space for members to post their gigs. I am sure there are others guys on this site that reside in southern New England, and I would be interested in checking out some of their bands. It would be a good opportunity to meet other members in person and see some live music.

What do you guys think about this idea? Would anybody else be interested in seeing what other members are doing?
Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Gig Thread?

This is a world wide forum so there would be thousands of gig dates posted from all over the world. I don't even have time to go to my own bands gigs, never mind the gigs of the rest of the world.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:46 PM

I like the idea. It may be a world-wide forum, with 100k members, but how many actually post? How many of those are gigging drummers? Sure, something far away is not going to draw my attention, but I'd like to know if players might be doing something in my area.

It might be a crowded section, but the forum section for this can be marked for Continents, Countries, etc.

Possible?
Old 01-17-2014, 05:28 AM

Maybe it's interesting if the drummer can offer to put people from the forum on the list at the door? Otherwise it's just a random gig that cost money and you rather see a band you know well?

Rather than thread a whole different forum-section?

Maybe it could be two new forum sections that said "UPCOMING GIGS IN AMERICA " and one with "UPCOMING GIGS IN EUROPE", Seems like most people here post from UK or the states..

I would definitely check out some gigs if I were in town and someone put me on the list to skip the queue and entry fee on a nice gig.

I think this idea should be tried out, if not two forum sections maybe one forum section that's labeled "Gigs" where people can post both their upcoming gigs with the city in the title or post a gig-story in that thread.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlez View Post

Maybe it could be two new forum sections that said "UPCOMING GIGS IN AMERICA " and one with "UPCOMING GIGS IN EUROPE", Seems like most people here post from UK or the states..
Ignoring the rampant cultural imperialism in your post...

I've also thought that this would be an interesting idea. I don't know that there are that many gigging drummers on here that it would be unmanageable. Heck, if we can manage a 'for sale' thread, I think we ought to be able to do this.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:30 PM
Gold Member

I think a thread would be fine.

Yea there are a lot of members, but only a fraction are active posters. Only a fraction of those are gigging.. only a fraction of may want to publicize their gigs on this site. I think its absolutely manageable. I'd love to know where my DW fellows are playing in case I'm traveling or already in the area. This could be cool.