DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-01-2014, 12:20 AM

Default Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 help?

I'm trying to record with a basic 4 mic setup for now (bass, snare, overheads). I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface and I'm trying to record onto Mixcraft 6. My problem is that only 2 channels are showing up, the left and the right, which allows me to only arm 2 out of 4 mics. I thought it was the software so I quickly downloaded Audacity and I'm having the same problem. The interface is a usb 2.0 and it has 8 xlr inputs, I've ran through the settings and preferences several times but there's got to be something that I'm missing or simply misunderstanding. If anyone wants to relieve me of my stupidity it would be greatly appreciated!

Probably unnecessary information-
Bass Drum mic- Audix d6
Snare Drum mic- Audix i5
Overhead mics- Rode NT5 (x2)

Computer specs-
i7 processor
8 GB memory
1 TB hard drive
Windows 7
Old 01-01-2014, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotato Chip View Post
I'm trying to record with a basic 4 mic setup for now (bass, snare, overheads). I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface and I'm trying to record onto Mixcraft 6. My problem is that only 2 channels are showing up, the left and the right, which allows me to only arm 2 out of 4 mics. I thought it was the software so I quickly downloaded Audacity and I'm having the same problem. The interface is a usb 2.0 and it has 8 xlr inputs, I've ran through the settings and preferences several times but there's got to be something that I'm missing or simply misunderstanding. If anyone wants to relieve me of my stupidity it would be greatly appreciated!

Probably unnecessary information-
Bass Drum mic- Audix d6
Snare Drum mic- Audix i5
Overhead mics- Rode NT5 (x2)

Computer specs-
i7 processor
8 GB memory
1 TB hard drive
Windows 7
Just a guess, It could be you need a power supply plugged into the interface as well as the USB connection. For my M Audio card, in order to access all the inputs and outputs I need to have my ac adaptor connected also. Hope this helps you.