DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Silver Member

Default Anybody own Gibraltar Turning Point arms?

I was looking to get a couple of these to upgrade from my ratcheting Gibraltar boom arms, but I seem to have run into a problem. It looks as though they have the Gibraltar quick release system permanently affixed to the boom arm, rather than having it screwed onto the standard 8mm threads. That's a problem for me, as I hate the Gibraltar quick release system and much prefer the Tama Cymbal Mate system. Does anybody own one of these arms and can attest to whether or not the quick release is removable?

Here's a link:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...long-boom-rodr
Old 12-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Anybody own Gibraltar Turning Point arms?

They definitely look permanent. Any reason you can't just get Tama boom arms? The 18" length arm's SKU is MCB45EN- the website says it comes with a Quick-Set CymbalMate ([washes tongue off with soap]) but most online places look like it comes with just the regular black nylon one- of course, you can get a 4-pack of those for $15.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Anybody own Gibraltar Turning Point arms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
They definitely look permanent. Any reason you can't just get Tama boom arms? The 18" length arm's SKU is MCB45EN- the website says it comes with a Quick-Set CymbalMate ([washes tongue off with soap]) but most online places look like it comes with just the regular black nylon one- of course, you can get a 4-pack of those for $15.
I just wanted to stick to Gibraltar so my hardware would match. I already have the Cymbal Mates on my current Gibraltar stands. I just wanted to switch to something that doesn't ratchet

EDIT:

Thankfully, I found a place online that has some in stock with the brake tilter, but without the swing nut attachment.

Last edited by TColumbia37; 12-23-2013 at 04:47 AM.