DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-19-2013, 02:03 AM
Dirtysticks's Avatar
Dirtysticks Dirtysticks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 361
Default My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

I went into my favorite Pawn shop today to make a payment on the DW Edge R30 I have on layaway and on the shelf was another DW Gem! A DW Collectors Acoustic Equalizer in Natural Satin Oil Finish over Curly Maple.. It instantly caught my eye and the tag showed $189. I jawwed them down to $150 then put it on layaway since I'm still in the midst of holiday shopping. I absolutely love finding gems like this, especially for so cheap! The only thing left to do is put a 3 Position butt plate (which I already have) on it when I bring it home. It already has a Dunnett Throw on it!




__________________
Pearl Masters Studio
Pearl Prestige Session Select
An array of snares
Paiste/Zildjian Cymbals

Last edited by Dirtysticks; 12-19-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-19-2013, 02:14 AM
shemp's Avatar
shemp shemp is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 690
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

whats the name of the pawn shop?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-19-2013, 02:19 AM
Dirtysticks's Avatar
Dirtysticks Dirtysticks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 361
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
whats the name of the pawn shop?
Top Dollar Pawn Store
__________________
Pearl Masters Studio
Pearl Prestige Session Select
An array of snares
Paiste/Zildjian Cymbals
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-19-2013, 02:25 AM
shemp's Avatar
shemp shemp is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 690
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Washington, reliant park or jensen?

I'm gonna setup an account and suck these out via internet before you can get them...lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-19-2013, 02:47 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,280
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Since the tag says the manufacturer is Remo it should be cheap.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-19-2013, 04:13 AM
Beam Me Up Scotty's Avatar
Beam Me Up Scotty Beam Me Up Scotty is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 578
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Nice looking snare, but that lug splay though...
__________________
"God is dead." - Nietzsche, 1882

"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-19-2013, 04:51 AM
robthetimekeeper robthetimekeeper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 162
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Nice score for sure!


Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Since the tag says the manufacturer is Remo it should be cheap.
I love it. I've bought many nice drums made by Remo, Evans, and Aquarian.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-19-2013, 03:13 PM
larryz's Avatar
larryz larryz is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,936
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Dirtysticks lookout. You will be reported to Children & Youth Services for failure to control your addiction of putting drums on layway. Kidding of course. Have a great holiday.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-19-2013, 04:22 PM
double_G's Avatar
double_G double_G is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 524
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

holy fugg. you rocked it. $150 for curley maple snare ??? #winning.
__________________
Fortune Drums | Bosphorus and Yamaha | Sabian | Zildjian
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-19-2013, 06:10 PM
longgun's Avatar
longgun longgun is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,297
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Crazy deal.................I need to look in Pawn shops around here
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-19-2013, 06:28 PM
eclipseownzu's Avatar
eclipseownzu eclipseownzu is online now
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New London, CT
Posts: 841
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam Me Up Scotty View Post
Nice looking snare, but that lug splay though...
I was looking at that as well. I am assuming it is just a trick of the camera. I have never seen a DW with lug splay like that.
__________________
www.reverbnation.com/stikpin
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
longgun's Avatar
longgun longgun is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,297
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseownzu View Post
I was looking at that as well. I am assuming it is just a trick of the camera. I have never seen a DW with lug splay like that.
It was secretly made by Ludwig
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-20-2013, 01:50 AM
evilg99's Avatar
evilg99 evilg99 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 810
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

You know...I have a brother who lives in Houston. I'm going to visit him in the new year now and I'm gonna go to this pawn shop...with cash in hand. It's unreal! You've posted like 5 snare drums from there in the past month, and they're all awesome and relatively cheap.

Neal
__________________
-----------------------------
Crank the Reso

[14 CREW]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-20-2013, 02:08 AM
Emmaticus00's Avatar
Emmaticus00 Emmaticus00 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 308
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Seriously man, chill. You've discovered way too many jems. Time for somebody to take ya down a notch (if ya know what I mean) ; )

Just kidding, DirtySticks. : ) Hope the Arab guy doesn't come around and see this.

Keep positive, you have found a gold mine.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry chair View Post
Because I could make that happen...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-20-2013, 02:58 AM
Dirtysticks's Avatar
Dirtysticks Dirtysticks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 361
Default Re: My favorite Pawn Shop strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Washington, reliant park or jensen?

I'm gonna setup an account and suck these out via internet before you can get them...lol
I've already said enough my friend... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Since the tag says the manufacturer is Remo it should be cheap.
It actually seems overpriced for a "Remo" snare lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by robthetimekeeper View Post
Nice score for sure!

I love it. I've bought many nice drums made by Remo, Evans, and Aquarian.
Thanks, I know I'll enjoy my Remo Weatherking drum! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Dirtysticks lookout. You will be reported to Children & Youth Services for failure to control your addiction of putting drums on layway. Kidding of course. Have a great holiday.
At prices like these, I'm ok with being a snare addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_G View Post
holy fugg. you rocked it. $150 for curley maple snare ??? #winning.
Exactly, especially for it to be an Acoustic EQ which isn't the most common or cheapest of snares to acquire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgun View Post
Crazy deal.................I need to look in Pawn shops around here
Yeah, you should but keep at it because most pawn shops have overpriced boo-boo drums if any at all, but there are deals to be found though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilg99 View Post
You know...I have a brother who lives in Houston. I'm going to visit him in the new year now and I'm gonna go to this pawn shop...with cash in hand. It's unreal! You've posted like 5 snare drums from there in the past month, and they're all awesome and relatively cheap.

Neal
You should, they really are terrible at pricing their drums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaticus00 View Post
Seriously man, chill. You've discovered way too many jems. Time for somebody to take ya down a notch (if ya know what I mean) ; )

Just kidding, DirtySticks. : ) Hope the Arab guy doesn't come around and see this.

Keep positive, you have found a gold mine.
I won't chill until either they catch on that their pricing is terrible, or they stop getting this kind of gear in... at prices like these, I'm practically being forced to acquire them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam Me Up Scotty View Post
Nice looking snare, but that lug splay though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseownzu View Post
I was looking at that as well. I am assuming it is just a trick of the camera. I have never seen a DW with lug splay like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longgun View Post
It was secretly made by Ludwig
It may be the camera because in person I didn't see any lug splay and I've never had an issue with any DW snares having lug splay in the past and I've had quite a bit of them.
__________________
Pearl Masters Studio
Pearl Prestige Session Select
An array of snares
Paiste/Zildjian Cymbals
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com