DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-05-2013, 10:54 PM

Default Roland V-drums settings (td9kx2)

Hi!
I wonder what kind of adjustment I should do to my roland td9kx2 in order to make it as realistic and acoustic to play as possible?

I got the tip to loose the head on the floor tom from a video but I need more tips!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Roland V-drums settings (td9kx2)

First things first, what kind of pads are you using? PD-85's? If so, tighten them nice any tight. This will help with hot spotting.

Secondly, adjust the trigger settings on the module to work best with your playing style. I put together a tutorial on the Vdrums forum about tuning a TD-30, but a lot of what I have in there applies to all modules. Take a look at it and follow along as best as you can with your module. Here is the link:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...ngs-discussion

After that, just make sure you set the kit up how you would set up an acoustic kit. Make it feel comfortable and play it exactly like you would an acoustic kit. Don't be afraid to hit the pads. They are made to take the abuse.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_D View Post
First things first, what kind of pads are you using? PD-85's? If so, tighten them nice any tight. This will help with hot spotting.

Secondly, adjust the trigger settings on the module to work best with your playing style. I put together a tutorial on the Vdrums forum about tuning a TD-30, but a lot of what I have in there applies to all modules. Take a look at it and follow along as best as you can with your module. Here is the link:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ad...ngs-discussion

After that, just make sure you set the kit up how you would set up an acoustic kit. Make it feel comfortable and play it exactly like you would an acoustic kit. Don't be afraid to hit the pads. They are made to take the abuse.
cheers! Looks like a great guide!
Old 12-10-2013, 01:53 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzlez View Post
I wonder what kind of adjustment I should do to my roland td9kx2 in order to make it as realistic and acoustic to play as possible?
Trade in the Roland pads (I assume that's what you're using) and do an A2E conversion?
In terms of realistic sounds- get Superior Drummer/ VEX, VST's, etc