DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 11-13-2013, 11:43 AM

Default Looking for 1-1/2" tube lugs

Anyone know where to find 1-1/2" tube lugs? I need both double sided and one sided to refinish my old snares :) any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:10 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Looking for 1-1/2" tube lugs

http://www.egodrumsupply.com/tubes.html

They're a bit expensive, but they will finish them however you want for no extra charge. I have a kit outfitted with 1" mini tubes from them
Old 11-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
Anyone know where to find 1-1/2" tube lugs? I need both double sided and one sided to refinish my old snares :) any help is greatly appreciated.
I've dealt with both companys for decades now,and especially Precision has great customer service.

http://www.drummaker.com/

http://www.precisiondrum.com/

Steve B
Old 11-13-2013, 08:21 PM

Thanks a bunch TColumbia37 and Tamadrm! I'll check them out now :))
Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
http://www.egodrumsupply.com/tubes.html

They're a bit expensive, but they will finish them however you want for no extra charge. I have a kit outfitted with 1" mini tubes from them
Great product but terrible service IMO. I have a kit with a bunch of mini tubes and it took them about 4 weeks to get to me after I ordered, wasn't given any info after the order confirmation until I asked, and they screwed up the lengths of tension rods I asked for.

But a seriously great product, if you're willing to deal with that.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:38 AM

Thanks porter!
I actually decided to go with drummaker.com and bought some tube lugs. I'll follow up with how their service is once I receive it.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
Great product but terrible service IMO. I have a kit with a bunch of mini tubes and it took them about 4 weeks to get to me after I ordered, wasn't given any info after the order confirmation until I asked, and they screwed up the lengths of tension rods I asked for.

But a seriously great product, if you're willing to deal with that.
I had essentially the same experience. Ordered a bunch of mini tubes, and didn't get so much as a confirmation email. I was worried that they weren't doing business anymore, as the site hasn't been updated in years, so I called. They assured me they received the order and I would see them in a couple of weeks. It was about 2-3 weeks for me. They got everything right, thankfully. Though, I only took that kit to a few gigs, and the powder coat is already chipping off of some of the lugs.

On a side note, they should include a little bottle of loctite with their lugs. I had issues with my screws falling out inside the drum, because the threads were just too smooth. They'd work their way out over time. I took each screw out, and put a drip of super glue on the threads and put them back in. Haven't had a problem since.

Also, they should tap out the threads before shipping their product. After the powder coating, it seems there was some residue left in the threads of the lugs, and some of them are a bit sluggish, but I'm just nitpicking at this point.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Silver Member

www.drumfactorydirect.com is the best place for things like lugs. Best prices, great service, and fast!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
I had essentially the same experience. Ordered a bunch of mini tubes, and didn't get so much as a confirmation email. I was worried that they weren't doing business anymore, as the site hasn't been updated in years, so I called. They assured me they received the order and I would see them in a couple of weeks. It was about 2-3 weeks for me. They got everything right, thankfully. Though, I only took that kit to a few gigs, and the powder coat is already chipping off of some of the lugs.

On a side note, they should include a little bottle of loctite with their lugs. I had issues with my screws falling out inside the drum, because the threads were just too smooth. They'd work their way out over time. I took each screw out, and put a drip of super glue on the threads and put them back in. Haven't had a problem since.

Also, they should tap out the threads before shipping their product. After the powder coating, it seems there was some residue left in the threads of the lugs, and some of them are a bit sluggish, but I'm just nitpicking at this point.
I've luckily only had one of my screws get loose in the few weeks I've had the kit, but I did purposefully go a little tight on them (and went without washers on the rack toms because they collided with my re-rings.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porter View Post
I've luckily only had one of my screws get loose in the few weeks I've had the kit, but I did purposefully go a little tight on them (and went without washers on the rack toms because they collided with my re-rings.
Their washers are kinda' big. Just keep an eye on those screws. I bet you'll see one laying on your resonant head one of these days.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrew View Post
www.drumfactorydirect.com is the best place for things like lugs. Best prices, great service, and fast!
I completely agree about the lugs and pricing, although I placed the order over a week ago and it still hasn't left the warehouse. Even tho the payment cleared the day after. Still waiting to see when the package will even be shipped.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:55 PM

Have you tried contacting them? I've been using them for awhile and I've always had good luck. The lugs might be on backorder. I'd check with them. Drumfactorydirect has always been really responsive when I've ordered from them.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdrum View Post
Have you tried contacting them? I've been using them for awhile and I've always had good luck. The lugs might be on backorder. I'd check with them. Drumfactorydirect has always been really responsive when I've ordered from them.
Oh my apologies! I didn't see you were talking about a different website. I am starting to wish I went with them, I went with drummaker cause they've gotten good reviews but very slow so far. I'll remember them for next time! :) thanks