DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 10-16-2013, 05:13 PM
TColumbia37's Avatar
TColumbia37 TColumbia37 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 909
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
I wouldn't recommend the hair dryer/heat gun technique if you've got Evans heads with the Level 360 collar (I really wouldn't recommend it otherwise either, unless you can insure that your application of heat will be completely uniform). We go to great lengths in order to minimize the amount of heat used when forming our collars. Because of the Level 360 collar design, the head is already sitting flat on the shell and doesn't require over-tensioning, CPR, hair driers, mystic voodoo, or monkey chants. :-)
Now, if only you guys could make a head that will give me that same coated Ambassador tone, I'd make the full switch.

For real, though, next time I pick up some snare heads, I'm gonna' get a coated G1 and a 300 to test the waters. I've never liked Evans heads quite as much as Remo on my snare.

That decision was made easier by the fact that my local GC NEVER has regular coated Ambassadors in stock, and I always have to pick up something I really don't want.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-17-2013, 09:41 PM
EvansSpecialist EvansSpecialist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 546
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hyde View Post
yeah but Bob Gatzen said to do it. I mean if he said it..
That was a while back, pre-Level 360.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
Now, if only you guys could make a head that will give me that same coated Ambassador tone, I'd make the full switch.

For real, though, next time I pick up some snare heads, I'm gonna' get a coated G1 and a 300 to test the waters. I've never liked Evans heads quite as much as Remo on my snare.

That decision was made easier by the fact that my local GC NEVER has regular coated Ambassadors in stock, and I always have to pick up something I really don't want.
Ever tried the G12 or G14? You may find that you like it even more. Not all heads are created equal... :-)
__________________
Carlock did. Anton Figdid. Kenny Aronoff did. Join the revolution! Evans Level 360.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-18-2013, 03:09 AM
TColumbia37's Avatar
TColumbia37 TColumbia37 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 909
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
That was a while back, pre-Level 360.



Ever tried the G12 or G14? You may find that you like it even more. Not all heads are created equal... :-)
I haven't. I don't like going above 10mil on my snare heads. I have a 14mil Remo on right now, and it just doesn't sound as good as a regular ol' ambassador to me.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-18-2013, 06:02 PM
EvansSpecialist EvansSpecialist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 546
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
I haven't. I don't like going above 10mil on my snare heads. I have a 14mil Remo on right now, and it just doesn't sound as good as a regular ol' ambassador to me.
Again, not all heads are created equal. I would strongly recommend that you check out what we're doing with various thicknesses of single-ply heads. They are far from "equivalents."
__________________
Carlock did. Anton Figdid. Kenny Aronoff did. Join the revolution! Evans Level 360.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-18-2013, 06:21 PM
TColumbia37's Avatar
TColumbia37 TColumbia37 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 909
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
Again, not all heads are created equal. I would strongly recommend that you check out what we're doing with various thicknesses of single-ply heads. They are far from "equivalents."
But what if I want an 'equivalent'?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-18-2013, 07:31 PM
XplosiveDrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
Again, not all heads are created equal. I would strongly recommend that you check out what we're doing with various thicknesses of single-ply heads. They are far from "equivalents."
Wow. Are you trying this hard to sell off your heads because they're not selling that well? All you do around here is "recommend" or talk down about "equivalents". Give it a rest already. Matter of fact I've yet to see you reply to my question on whether you were talking about the character of other two ply heads by your company or other companies two ply heads in a thread about the Gretsch USA Custom. I know it was the latter but I wanted to see if you would man up and admit to talking trash about products from other companies.

IMO the 360 collar is nothing but a marketing gimmick as having a truer bearing edge and level hoops or rims is what helps to minimize problems with tuning. The better the equipment, the better and less problematic the tuning process will be. What's funny is Remo doesn't have to have a marketer on forums to promote their heads every day or every 5 minutes, their reputation of quality and sound you get from their heads speaks for their self. Not to mention one of the most technical drummers in the world, Tomas Haake, jumping onboard with an "equivalent" recently.

Your heads are not the end all be all drum heads that are 100% flawless. I've tried a set of 360 G1's and the 12" had a kink in the head that I had to straighten out myself. The mylar actually had a wrinkle or kink in it because it wasn't molded properly. Not to mention other problems I've had with Evans. IMO you should take a breather from forcing your "recommendations" onto people. It's in bad taste and only makes Evans look desperate for consumers.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-18-2013, 07:36 PM
The Old Hyde
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
Remo doesn't have to have a marketer on forums to promote their heads every day or every 5 minutes, their reputation of quality and sound you get from their heads speaks for their self.

.
I use remo on all my toms and snares so I like remo. However, they have a lot of problems with "dead heads" right out of the box. Their quality isn't always the best. Lighten up on this evans guy. Its nice of him to actually post on a forum.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 PM
XplosiveDrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Hyde View Post
I use remo on all my toms and snares so I like remo. However, they have a lot of problems with "dead heads" right out of the box. Their quality isn't always the best. Lighten up on this evans guy. Its nice of him to actually post on a forum.
Yeah it's nice for a rep to reply about problems, give a heads up about future products in development, or even talk about current products but to go around to every drum head thread, especially when it's not about their company in the first place and not only constantly "promote" their super-duper terrific be all end all 360 collar but also subliminally talk down about their fellow drum head companies is, IMO, a disgusting marketing act. Unfortunately I understand it's all about sales and getting that money but Christ give it a rest. Have a bit of respect for not only the people who sell products in the drumming community, i.e other drum head companies but for yourself and your company as well. No need to be a shark over something that isn't as big of a deal as he's obviously making it out to be. Also I never said Remo doesn't have or haven't had their fair share of issues. We all know about the coating and I'm sure there were a few dead heads here and there. Though you don't see an "Remo Specialist" coming in to defend those issues and say even with those problems, our heads are better than the "equivalents".

My main issue is with the constant disrespect toward other companies in order to turn a leaf and make a sale. Promote the **** out of that collar but do so respectfully and without having to talk down about the other "equivalents".
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-18-2013, 08:16 PM
TColumbia37's Avatar
TColumbia37 TColumbia37 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 909
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

..... Sooooo, uhhhh.. How 'bout that one sports team.....?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:04 PM
AZStickman's Avatar
AZStickman AZStickman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mesa AZ
Posts: 158
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
..... Sooooo, uhhhh.. How 'bout that one sports team.....?
I don't know. What did Bob Gatzen say about them?....... Terry

(Just beating Old Hyde to the punch.... :-) )
__________________
"I always give this advice - be a musician, not a drummer."

.......Bermuda.......
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-18-2013, 10:58 PM
MrInsanePolack's Avatar
MrInsanePolack MrInsanePolack is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,393
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TColumbia37 View Post
..... Sooooo, uhhhh.. How 'bout that one sports team.....?
If that one team you refer to is the same one that I have been rooting for my whole life and still has not won a Super Bowl, yeah they suck again this year. Perhaps they need to see Bob Gatzen...
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-18-2013, 11:51 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida's West Coast
Posts: 15,475
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

I think whether or not a rep from any company comes here to promote his products should be left up to Bernhard. If said rep is a problem Bernhard will deal with it. Our Evans man has been here for quite a while and I haven't seen the all but blatant disrespect for other companies that you seem to have witnessed. I wish more reps were on here to promote their products and be as willing to give up his time as EvansSpecialist. the bottom line is, if you don't like Evans, don't buy Evans. He has gone out of his way to help several forum members with bad stock, and certainly wasn't what he signed up for. Please stay on topic, Hair dryers, and heat guns or I shall have to enact the magic thread closing rule. we are all adults with opinions and we are allowed to espouse them here, but not at the bash the other person level. thanks.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,915
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I wish more reps were on here to promote their products and be as willing to give up his time as EvansSpecialist.
Agreed. I really wish there was a "RemoSpecialist" to chat to. Although I fear "LudwigSpecialist" may cop some flak if he dared rear his head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Please stay on topic, Hair dryers
No need for one. Not enough hair to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
and heat guns
To remove paint? Great idea. To seat a humble drum head? Complete overkill.......and I couldn't give a toss what Gatzen says on the matter. Heads just don't to be heated up to seat. I've replaced far too many without heat over the years for it to be an absolute necessity.

And FWIW, seating a drum head does not entail "shrinking the collar to fit the drum" despite what I've read earlier in this thread. It's more to do with ensuring head contact to the bearing edge.
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-19-2013, 02:43 AM
The Old Hyde
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post

......and I couldn't give a toss what Gatzen says on the matter. .
ahhh that felt good. never heard of him, never had a tuning problem either.
i may take a shot at SupertightReso specialist. i will nominate Andy for
NeedlessWindchime specialist
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-19-2013, 02:52 AM
Doug Masters's Avatar
Doug Masters Doug Masters is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sin City, USA
Posts: 515
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I think whether or not a rep from any company comes here to promote his products should be left up to Bernhard. If said rep is a problem Bernhard will deal with it. Our Evans man has been here for quite a while and I haven't seen the all but blatant disrespect for other companies that you seem to have witnessed. I wish more reps were on here to promote their products and be as willing to give up his time as EvansSpecialist. the bottom line is, if you don't like Evans, don't buy Evans. He has gone out of his way to help several forum members with bad stock, and certainly wasn't what he signed up for. Please stay on topic, Hair dryers, and heat guns or I shall have to enact the magic thread closing rule. we are all adults with opinions and we are allowed to espouse them here, but not at the bash the other person level. thanks.
I agree with Grunter here. Ben has been mostly helpful with our members dealing with bad heads and giving advice etc.. Of course he promotes Evans but I don't recall him putting down other companies products at all. Those of us who have been around awhile know what we like anyway. As drummers, I like to think that we are the type to discuss, argue, yell, disagree, etc and then buy each other a beer and wish each other well. Drummers have a great camaraderie...lets keep it that way.
__________________
DW Performance
Yamaha Oak Custom
Zildjian
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-19-2013, 04:22 AM
XplosiveDrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Masters View Post
I agree with Grunter here. Ben has been mostly helpful with our members dealing with bad heads and giving advice etc.. Of course he promotes Evans but I don't recall him putting down other companies products at all. Those of us who have been around awhile know what we like anyway. As drummers, I like to think that we are the type to discuss, argue, yell, disagree, etc and then buy each other a beer and wish each other well. Drummers have a great camaraderie...lets keep it that way.
Please read in an easy going voice lol. ;) :)

I respect that he helps when he can and in any way possible. Though honestly what got me rolling was just the fact that, yes in a way, he did put down other companies when referring to "other heads" or "equivalents". He did it twice in this thread and then once in another thread a while back. IMO, just offer a possible solution, take the idea to possibly work on their current 10mil single ply coated head to make it better for consumers like TC and go on. There's no need to act like a shark or to go to such marketing extremes as to talk down about other companies products here and to continue to force your products onto someone when they've clearly stated they don't like what you have to offer currently. Just came off as a bit much is all.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-19-2013, 11:15 AM
davezedlee davezedlee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 69
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
Yeah it's nice for a rep to reply about problems, give a heads up about future products in development, or even talk about current products but to go around to every drum head thread, especially when it's not about their company in the first place and not only constantly "promote" their super-duper terrific be all end all 360 collar but also subliminally talk down about their fellow drum head companies is, IMO, a disgusting marketing act. Unfortunately I understand it's all about sales and getting that money but Christ give it a rest. Have a bit of respect for not only the people who sell products in the drumming community, i.e other drum head companies but for yourself and your company as well. No need to be a shark over something that isn't as big of a deal as he's obviously making it out to be. Also I never said Remo doesn't have or haven't had their fair share of issues. We all know about the coating and I'm sure there were a few dead heads here and there. Though you don't see an "Remo Specialist" coming in to defend those issues and say even with those problems, our heads are better than the "equivalents".

My main issue is with the constant disrespect toward other companies in order to turn a leaf and make a sale. Promote the **** out of that collar but do so respectfully and without having to talk down about the other "equivalents".
+1

what should be an even bigger issue- while its nice that our hero has saved countless lives putting out 600 fires, should there really BE 600 fires in the first place?

someone in another thread mentioned getting "a bad batch of heads"... how is that even possible?

magic?

or poor QC leading to 600 "fires"?

followed by a (cough, cough) "re-design"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-19-2013, 02:05 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida's West Coast
Posts: 15,475
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
Please read in an easy going voice lol. ;) :)

I respect that he helps when he can and in any way possible. Though honestly what got me rolling was just the fact that, yes in a way, he did put down other companies when referring to "other heads" or "equivalents". He did it twice in this thread and then once in another thread a while back. IMO, just offer a possible solution, take the idea to possibly work on their current 10mil single ply coated head to make it better for consumers like TC and go on. There's no need to act like a shark or to go to such marketing extremes as to talk down about other companies products here and to continue to force your products onto someone when they've clearly stated they don't like what you have to offer currently. Just came off as a bit much is all.
I think if you feel that saying "other companies" and "equivalents" is putting another company down, you have very thin skin. I take equivalents to mean, another companies 2 ply coated head. Maybe if he mentioned the other company he would be putting them down. I would rather he be known as a rep for Evans, than to have some other forum member accuse him of being a "fanboy" for mentioning Evans in his posts and screen name. Time to move on.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 PM
BacteriumFendYoke's Avatar
BacteriumFendYoke BacteriumFendYoke is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,451
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Some posters really getting their knickers in a twist lately...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Les Ismore's Avatar
Les Ismore Les Ismore is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 3,924
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

My next head purchase is going to be EVANS 360, ordering a crapload soon.

Been a REMO user for a long time tho will credit this EVANS purchase in part to what I've read on this forum and partly b/c Im seeing them show up more and more on backline kits I use, the little tweeks I do on them has been enough to catch my interest and they sound/feel really good, better than the REMO 'equivalents' Im used to.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:20 AM
gretsch-o-rama's Avatar
gretsch-o-rama gretsch-o-rama is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hornell, NY
Posts: 307
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
Some posters really getting their knickers in a twist lately...
Yeah and for no good reason, too. I can understand disagreeing with someone but not the half the fits I see on here!
__________________
Practice smarter. Not harder.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:52 PM
EvansSpecialist EvansSpecialist is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 546
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
Wow. Are you trying this hard to sell off your heads because they're not selling that well? All you do around here is "recommend" or talk down about "equivalents". Give it a rest already. Matter of fact I've yet to see you reply to my question on whether you were talking about the character of other two ply heads by your company or other companies two ply heads in a thread about the Gretsch USA Custom. I know it was the latter but I wanted to see if you would man up and admit to talking trash about products from other companies.
In fact, our heads are selling quite well. I don't believe I'm making a hard sell at all. I'm only answering the question that was asked. Many people do believe that a 10mil drumhead is the same as any other 10mil drumhead, which isn't necessarily the case.

As far as recommendations, I make them when people are asking for them or have questions regarding drumheads. Most people seem to appreciate this. I'm not trying to force product on anyone.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to read every thread on the forum. I do my best to catch conversations about drumheads, tuning, etc. as long as the thread title hints at it. I would be happy to respond to any and all questions. The best way to ensure that I see something is to PM me. If you can link me to the thread, I'm happy to jump in. I'm don't believe I've "trash-talked" other companies or their products here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
IMO the 360 collar is nothing but a marketing gimmick as having a truer bearing edge and level hoops or rims is what helps to minimize problems with tuning. The better the equipment, the better and less problematic the tuning process will be. What's funny is Remo doesn't have to have a marketer on forums to promote their heads every day or every 5 minutes, their reputation of quality and sound you get from their heads speaks for their self. Not to mention one of the most technical drummers in the world, Tomas Haake, jumping onboard with an "equivalent" recently.
I can assure you that it's not a marketing gimmick. I would strongly recommend trying it out in person to see the fit difference in fit. Having demo'd Level 360 on the highest of high-end drums, I can definitively say that the issue of fit still occurs on the best of bearing edges.

As for my presence on this forum, I'm hear to keep my ear to the ground. I do the same thing with our Facebook page and Twitter feed. What other companies choose to do is entirely up to them, but we choose to be active where the drummers are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
Your heads are not the end all be all drum heads that are 100% flawless. I've tried a set of 360 G1's and the 12" had a kink in the head that I had to straighten out myself. The mylar actually had a wrinkle or kink in it because it wasn't molded properly. Not to mention other problems I've had with Evans. IMO you should take a breather from forcing your "recommendations" onto people. It's in bad taste and only makes Evans look desperate for consumers.
While we have some of the highest quality standards, I can't claim that our drumheads are 100% flawless. However, I can assure you that I will do everything in my power to resolve any issues that arise with our products. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with one of our products. I'd be happy to replace it for you.

It is disheartening to see such negative feedback to my presence here, as I make great personal effort to be available to answer questions, offer assistance, and engage in conversation about drums and drumming.
__________________
Carlock did. Anton Figdid. Kenny Aronoff did. Join the revolution! Evans Level 360.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
whiteknightx's Avatar
whiteknightx whiteknightx is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 149
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Evansspecialist, I think you are a great presence on the forum. Don't let one guy having a bad day influence you. I say keep doing exactly what you are doing. Awesome job buddy!
__________________
Gretsch Catalina Maple Amber 7 pc, Sabian HHX Evolution cymbals, Promark 737 sticks.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-22-2013, 02:57 PM
The Old Hyde
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

[quote=EvansSpecialist;1191758

It is disheartening to see such negative feedback to my presence here, as I make great personal effort to be available to answer questions, offer assistance, and engage in conversation about drums and drumming.[/QUOTE]

Don't be discouraged because of this thread. Its nice to have professional drummers as well as industry guys on a forum for all of us average guys to get answers and advice from. I don't use Evans heads but its good to hear thoughts etc. about drum heads from someone like you.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
AZStickman's Avatar
AZStickman AZStickman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mesa AZ
Posts: 158
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

I agree with Old Hyde...... I always find your input helpful....... I have recently started using Evans heads and am very happy with them....... Terry
__________________
"I always give this advice - be a musician, not a drummer."

.......Bermuda.......
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-22-2013, 05:08 PM
dmacc's Avatar
dmacc dmacc is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,404
Default Re: Heat Gun on Snare Reso Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
....It is disheartening to see such negative feedback to my presence here, as I make great personal effort to be available to answer questions, offer assistance, and engage in conversation about drums and drumming.
Your presence is more than welcomed here by many, including myself. I've never asked for a favor from you but always enjoy your insights. I only use Evans heads.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-22-2013, 05:17 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida's West Coast
Posts: 15,475
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Your prsence here is more than welcomed and having an ear to the ground can only make for a better relationship between the drummers and the manufacturers. Please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Gretsch Renown
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-22-2013, 05:46 PM
larryace's Avatar
larryace larryace is offline
"Uncle Larry"
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In beautiful Bucks County, PA
Posts: 13,593
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

I am grateful for Ben here. Having an industry insider is a wonderful thing here. He is a good man. I had a problem with a head and Ben saw to it that I got a replacement. He even offered to replace a different head that I wasn't sure if it was the head or my own tuning issues. I didn't take him up on it, because it turned out that it wasn't an Evans issue. But the fact that he offered to replace it "just in case" it was the head means a lot to me.
Thank you Ben for all you do here.
__________________
Great art is born out of great pain.

Gomez Addams
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 AM
gretsch-o-rama's Avatar
gretsch-o-rama gretsch-o-rama is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hornell, NY
Posts: 307
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Ben is an outstanding asset to Evans as well as this forum. He recently sent me some G12's for my kit which were awesome and was still willing to help me solve some of the issues I was still having... Geez, first day with my new drum set I guess....:-)
__________________
Practice smarter. Not harder.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:02 AM
XplosiveDrummer
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
I'm don't believe I've "trash-talked" other companies or their products here.
So when you were gloating about what your company was doing, in regards to thickness of single ply heads and added that they are "far from equivalents", you can honestly tell me you weren't referring to other single ply heads by other companies? Not to mention your reply about two ply heads from other companies being "muddy"? As well as going on to name drop a few pro drummers to make your two ply heads seem more appealing to possibly get me to buy and try them.

Sorry but unlike some of the sheep, you're not pulling the wool over my eyes. I know EXACTLY what you meant and/or the context of how you were saying it along with your attempts to sell off your products. Here is the quote and link to the post. I know all too well what you meant regarding two ply heads by other companies and how you were trying to sell me on your product. Also to add, I never used muddy in a way that meant it was a bad result from ANY head from ANY company. I just meant and should have used a different word, that it would hinder the potential of those drums if 2 ply heads were used. You took what I said and ran with it and took it out of context to take the opportunity to try and sell me on your products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
Evans G2's with the Level 360 collar don't sound quite as "muddy" as other two-ply heads. Several of our artists, Keith Carlock included, who are usually anti-two-ply were quite impressed by the resonance of our G2's. Definitely worth checking out.

Cheers!
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...49&postcount=7
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 AM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,915
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
I know EXACTLY what you meant and/or the context of how you were saying it along with your attempts to sell off your products.

Could be worse..........he could be shit canning Mapex badges.
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-23-2013, 02:06 PM
The Old Hyde
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer View Post
So when you were gloating about what your company was doing, in regards to thickness of single ply heads and added that they are "far from equivalents", you can honestly tell me you weren't referring to other single ply heads by other companies? Not to mention your reply about two ply heads from other companies being "muddy"? As well as going on to name drop a few pro drummers to make your two ply heads seem more appealing to possibly get me to buy and try them.

Sorry but unlike some of the sheep, you're not pulling the wool over my eyes. I know EXACTLY what you meant and/or the context of how you were saying it along with your attempts to sell off your products. Here is the quote and link to the post. I know all too well what you meant regarding two ply heads by other companies and how you were trying to sell me on your product. Also to add, I never used muddy in a way that meant it was a bad result from ANY head from ANY company. I just meant and should have used a different word, that it would hinder the potential of those drums if 2 ply heads were used. You took what I said and ran with it and took it out of context to take the opportunity to try and sell me on your products.



http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...49&postcount=7
I don't care if he came on here and flat out said Remo sucks. You need to let it go dude!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Les Ismore's Avatar
Les Ismore Les Ismore is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 3,924
Default Re: Heat gun on Resos

Yeah, we can only wish more company reps were on the forum here so we could ask questions, get answers easily.

Can only assume they're either not aware of the DRUMMERWORLD forum and/or they're just not progressively minded enough to be here.

If you're a part of, or represent a drum gear related company, this is the place you want to be, for the most part we the forum members are the actual people buying/using (or not buying/using) your stuff on the front lines and in the trenches.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com