DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member

Default Stick Bags

My current stick bag has seen its last days. I'm looking at Protection racket bags at the moment. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
The Old Hyde

Default Re: Stick Bags

I have the top of the line promark bag (gift so I asked for the best one). I think it was inexpensive and it works really well. It has bungie cord and clips to attach to your floor tom. It has a pocket on the outside and on the inside for keys etc. I looked for a while before deciding on this one, some were a couple hundred bucks!! my 2c
Old 09-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

The protection racket bag is great. Highly recommended.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:43 PM

I just got the new Gibraltor sling bag, and it's the perfect gig bag, which is what I was looking for. Highly recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-GSSS.../dp/B003A02PAK
Old 09-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Platinum Member

I've been using the same Reunion Blues leather bag since about 1986. It's in amazing condition for all the usage it's had.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:53 PM

I have used the same cheap stick bag for 15 years. I gotta have this one though...

http://reverb.com/item/13392-ludwig-...FVNo7AodDEoAxA
Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
I've been using the same Reunion Blues leather bag since about 1986. It's in amazing condition for all the usage it's had.
Agreed. They're expensive but are very well made. Mine was stolen back in the 80's but I replaced it about ten years ago with this model...

Last edited by Jeremy Bender; 09-27-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckster View Post
My current stick bag has seen its last days. I'm looking at Protection racket bags at the moment. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks!

For the money DRUMSLINGER is untouchable IMO/experience. The design, quality and usability far exceeds anything on the market.
Attached Images

Old 09-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member

I got my bag from the guy that started Reunion Blues, search Glenn Cronkhite.

Love my stick bag, i am sure it is the last one I will ever buy
Misc. Snares
My Web Site
Old 09-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bender View Post
Agreed. They're expensive but are very well made. Mine was stolen back in the 80's but I replace it about ten years ago..

Wow - that's a stick bag that might last a lifetime. Something to treasure. Very nice looking, but a little pricey.

I use a lot less expensive Pro-Mark bag with a built in practice pad.
I thought the pad might be gimmicky, but I use it a lot:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...o-mark-pad-bag
Old 09-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Silver Member

Call me stingy, but I have the inexpensive Pro-Mark stick bag. It holds my drumsticks, and a few extra spare parts/pads/keys/etc. when I'm out gigging. It's nothing fancy, costs around 20$ and gets the job done. It clips on to my floor tom as well.

"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900
Old 09-27-2013, 04:58 AM
Platinum Member

I just bought the Humes and Berg free-standing canister stick bag. I think it's actually marketed towards mallets.

I was looking for something that I didn't necessarily have to hang on my floor tom since my stick bag is usually quite full. I use 2 or 3 different stick models, a couple different brushes, and I also have 2 different pairs of mallets.

With free-standing bags, the options are quite limited so I thought I would get that Peter Erskine bag. I just happened to find the Humes and Berg at a good deal and got it instead.

It doesn't have much in the way of usable pockets though. Anything you put in the pouch on the inside of the lid falls out when you close up the bag. At least there is a zippered pocket on the outside top of the lid.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacc View Post
I have one from the 80s too. Great bag. I bought a new one a few months ago, and it's not the same. That big pocket on the outside is so big that the bag doesn't sit properly on my floor tom. The old one is way better in this regard.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckster View Post

Thanks!
Hey Muckster,

I have the Protection Racket stick bag at the moment. I went through a few weak replacements that brought me to the Protection Racket stick bag. I like it a lot. I used to have a 1990's era Tama nylon-style stick bag that exploded. (seam at zipper failed)

But the Protection Racket bag holds a lot of sticks for the size and looks to be made with the same quality as all my Protection Racket drum cases. And I have a lot about fifteen of those things.

I think, for the money, it is a hard one to beat. I am sure I would dig one of those swanky Reunion Blues leather bags, but for now, this thing is GREAT.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
I just bought the Humes and Berg free-standing canister stick bag. I think it's actually marketed towards mallets.

I was looking for something that I didn't necessarily have to hang on my floor tom since my stick bag is usually quite full. I use 2 or 3 different stick models, a couple different brushes, and I also have 2 different pairs of mallets.

With free-standing bags, the options are quite limited so I thought I would get that Peter Erskine bag. I just happened to find the Humes and Berg at a good deal and got it instead.

It doesn't have much in the way of usable pockets though. Anything you put in the pouch on the inside of the lid falls out when you close up the bag. At least there is a zippered pocket on the outside top of the lid.
This is what I use as well and I love it... It has ample space for the multitude of stics that I carry, it's free standing ( which comes in handy quite often), it's durable, and it's easy to carry. It was a nice bag for a great price!
Paiste/Zildjian Cymbals
Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bender View Post
Agreed. They're expensive but are very well made. Mine was stolen back in the 80's but I replaced it about ten years ago with this model...
My Reunion Blues bag is even older (I bought it in 1980 and still using it). It has aged well and looks worn enough to be cool ;)

Again, it is pricey, but considering it's still going after 30 years, I've never had to replace it, and I probably never will at this point.

I also got a matching color cymbal bag in solid leather (no fabric & leather hybrid) and it's aging just the same and I continue to use it. Very pricey (about $289 when I bought it back then) but it's still strong and I've never had to get another one. The only reason I had to get another is because it's a 22". My favorite ride cymbal is a 24"!