DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 AM

Default Got my double pedal converted to lefty!!

Its was a right foot double, as in the picture. Now it is left hand. Sorry, can't tell you the brand. Hopefully somebody will know by the foot pedal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-0Ox...ature=youtu.be
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Got my double pedal converted to lefty!!

Cleaned the pedals up too!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 AM
Gold Member

WTF, over? Why do you have a righty and a lefty double pedal set up? I get that your kicks have different heads, and they sound different, and actually they look to be different sizes too, but once you start playing both feet no one will be able to tell any difference what so ever. Why not just use one pedal on each kick, or pick one to use the double on and keep a single on the other? At least that would put all of your pedals equidistant from your center.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
WTF, over? Why do you have a righty and a lefty double pedal set up? I get that your kicks have different heads, and they sound different, and actually they look to be different sizes too, but once you start playing both feet no one will be able to tell any difference what so ever. Why not just use one pedal on each kick, or pick one to use the double on and keep a single on the other? At least that would put all of your pedals equidistant from your center.
I was about to ask the same thing. I think soulfly28 is using the tonal differences between the two bass drums to have an enhanced sonic palette to choose from when he's playing. Still looks ridonkulous to me :)
Old 09-12-2013, 01:49 PM

When I am recording and want big boomy bass, I go to the 22. I primarily use the 20 inch because of the punch. Another reason is, well, WHY NOT!!!! :)
Old 09-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member

It looks kind of awkward - especially the 2nd picture. And the angles on the ends of those right side drive shafts look pretty sharp.
But hey - if t works for you, that's good, right?
Old 09-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Gold Member

There has to be a way to do this with less clutter. I get the idea, but having your pedals all skewed and in different positions in relation to your center is only going to hinder you in the long run. Your pedals really should all be equidistant for maximum efficiency.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:09 PM

Are we talking about my hi hat pedal in the bottom picture? I am waiting on my remote hi hat to get here. The bottom pic is what it was like. Single pedal on the 22, which is located on the left of the picture. Believe it or not, the shafts move very easily. Kinda surprising. I should mention that the all silver pedal is not being used at all. Just set it there to get it out of the way.

Ps: Had to look up this word: equidistan :(
Old 09-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Really, two bass drums and 4 beaters? 2 single pedals regardless of the boom or sound. That's like two steering wheels in one car.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:45 PM

I had thought about doing that in the past. I gave up. I just went to a traditional double bass setup.

I'm glad to see it is possible.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Really, two bass drums and 4 beaters? 2 single pedals regardless of the boom or sound. That's like two steering wheels in one car.
Not when its 2 different sized drums, i wouldn't think so. that would be like 1 steering wheel, 2 cars. The way I play and record, I am either using the 20 or the 22" bass. Not both during the same recording. All depends on what they are wanting.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly28 View Post
Are we talking about my hi hat pedal in the bottom picture? I am waiting on my remote hi hat to get here. The bottom pic is what it was like. Single pedal on the 22, which is located on the left of the picture. Believe it or not, the shafts move very easily. Kinda surprising. I should mention that the all silver pedal is not being used at all. Just set it there to get it out of the way.

Ps: Had to look up this word: equidistan :(
No not the hi hat. This is what I mean: Draw a circle. You sit at the center point. Any point on the circumference of the circle is exactly the same distance from the center. This is where your pedals should be located. This way your legs are doing the exact same thing regardless of what pedal you have your foot on. One foot is never closer to the center than the other.

If you have one foot closer and one foot farther, your muscles are working differently. You want them to work the same no matter the pedal.

I commend your ingenuity, I have never seen anyone do this. But looking at the limitations of placement due to the crossing drive shafts, I can see why. Have you checked out the Duallist pedals?
Old 09-13-2013, 02:10 PM

No, I didn't. I already had the unknown brand one. Bought the Gibraltar one for 40 bucks. I keep having these pesky bills get in the way of buying what I want :( When I had the single double bass pedal it was angled about the same . I have grown accustom to it.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfly28 View Post
... I keep having these pesky bills get in the way of buying what I want :( ...
Amen, brother.......