DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 06-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Default Tama Iron Cobra setting

hi guys, i just bought myself a double pedal, Tama iron cobra. they are great pedal and smooth too! which i love! :D but i feel a lil bit heavy i know its spose to be heavy because of the thich footboards so i just want to know what adjustments shud i make to make it lil bit light but have that powerful stroke. Low board? High board? Spring tension? beater height? thanks guys :)
Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Tama Iron Cobra setting

I would recommend setting the foot plate angle and beater shaft angle at default. Then set the beater shaft length at about 80% of its full length and remove the counter weight or set it at the bottom of the shaft (it can double as a memory lock for that purpose). Try the pedal again and only adjust the spring tension until you get the feel you want.

I play my BD at only a shade or two above JAW and have found this to be a good setting for my IC in order to get that strong-yet-light feel. Good luck and have fun.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Tempered Clavier View Post
I would recommend setting the foot plate angle and beater shaft angle at default. Then set the beater shaft length at about 80% of its full length and remove the counter weight or set it at the bottom of the shaft (it can double as a memory lock for that purpose). Try the pedal again and only adjust the spring tension until you get the feel you want.

I play my BD at only a shade or two above JAW and have found this to be a good setting for my IC in order to get that strong-yet-light feel. Good luck and have fun.
thank you for the recommendation BTC, i'll try that setting :D i didnt have the counterweight btw, it was not included in the pack.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM

Just got an Iron Cobra DP as well.

Not liking it so far. Feels sluggish, and it just feels uncomfortable to me. I've been tinkering around with the settings for about a week and haven't found anything that I really like. Hopefully it goes better for you, but I'll most likely be looking for something else.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Silver Member

Cobras are "heavier" feeling pedals. The factory beater is also very heavy. Try a lighter beater. Yamaha has some great lightweight beaters. I use them on my Cobras and it completely transformed the pedal for me.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:04 AM

yeah IC feel heavy. i have adjusted the board from up to down and i just feel the factory settings feel right. the only thing i adjust is the spring.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 AM

I have a pair of IC (double pedel)
The beater angle and pedel height affect the heaviness of the pedels.

IMO For the best feel i would set the spring tension to the max and experiment with the angle and height of the pedel. You just have to find the settings that feel best for you.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 PM

i always used the gauges on the pedal to adjust things on the IC. there are gauge on the side of the var-pitch beater holder and there is a speed-o-ring gauge. the long notch in the middle is the default setting. most IC users set the spring tension to 3/4 to max.
you can see the gauges where i used to set mine at.