DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 AM

Default Drum Cleaning

Hi, I am just about to start my 2nd year of Product Design A-level. I am a keen drummer and so I wanted to involve this in my A2 project. I am thinking of making a product that aids the user when cleaning and maintaining their drum kit. At the moment, I am thinking of making a product that cleans cymbals throughly, i.e. you put the cymbal into this product and it cleans it thoroughly instead of doing it manually.

If you have any advice or opinions that would be great. I need to know whether a product like this would be useful or whether it's pointless.

Regards,
Mert.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Drum Cleaning

I've always wondered if the reason many drummers don't clean their cymbals is not because they like the mellower, aged tones that a good coating of dirt and patina provide........but because it's just so bloody annoying and laborious. I reckon I definitely fall into this camp.

I've always said that if someone did the job for me, I'd happily roll around with shiny new 'fresh off the showroom floor' looking pies. If you can figure out a way to clean them that means I don't have to, I'm all ears.