DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 06-23-2013, 06:53 PM

Default Looking for Syndrum wav samples

Hello,

I'm looking for .wav samples of Syndrums like used on Linda Ronstadt's Poor Poor Pitiful me. I have found a couple on a website called SampleSwap, but would like some more to choose from. Three pitches. Longer decay.

Trying to do this as economically as possible. I don't have any electronic equipment yet and one suggestion was to get an Alesis SamplePad and load the wav files to it.

I need multiple pads so I can get at least three pitches.

Looking for advice on how to achieve this both from the samples point of view and equipment.

Thank you
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: Looking for Syndrum wav samples

SamplePad is the way to go both pricewise and ease of use. Although it has only 14mb ram and plays mono samples only, it's very simple to budget that space (for example, use just one Syndrum sample, and pitch it diofferently on each pad.) Anyway, 14mb is about 3 min of CD quality sound, that's quite a lot in terms of drum hits and sound effects!

For samples, there are inexpensive CD-ROMs with "legacy" drum/synth sounds, might be a good investment once you have a sample playback device in your aresenal. :) Or just source a Syndrum hit online.

Some of the higher-end Roland TD modules have Syndrum type sounds with adjustments. If you can borrow one, that would be a good way to tailor the sounds (and grab a bunch more!)

Good luck!

Bermuda
Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Question, if I get a sample loaded on the SD card for a SamplePad, are you saying I can adjust the pitch of that for the various pads? I was checking one out at the local music store and could see how to do that for the internal sounds.

Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Yep, one sample can be assigned across 4 pads (and the foot trigger input) and can be pitched dfifferently on each pad. So, one sample yields 5 pitches per preset (there are 8 presets) and the sounds are pannable, so you could have a left-to-right run of Syndrums.

I suspect the foot trigger input would also work with an aux pad.

Also, the SamplePad has midi out, so it can be used as a multipad to trigger sounds from another module.

Bermuda