Putting myself out there ( uncle Larry, this ones for you)

.they are in tune with each other and the arrangements where I was not.
Nothing more than you'd expect Mary. I'm sure they pushed straight past that. They are used to playing together.

I'm just so pleased for you Mary. That first practice is a monumental step. Funny how something apparently so un-noteworthy to non musicians is such a massive deal to us players. I remember my first get together/rehearsal well (ahem, a few years ago), & it still has a special place in my heart to this day. First big step Mary, now for lots of smaller ones, each a little challenge in it's own right, but equally, each a little victory.

Gigging by summer eh! & why not - fantastic! A goal is a great way of adding focus to your band, but don't let it be a negative pressure on you. Sure, welcome it, but park it for the time being, & just soak up the vibe :)

Congratulations Mary! Fantastic stuff!

Playing with others is a true joy, especially with folks you enjoy. And playing out in front of others is quite a treat too. Did you know that only a small percentage of people actually get applauded in their lifetime? You've just begun a journey where you will get applauded many, many times for doing something you love to do.

Go get 'em killer!

That's really cool!

There are a few things as fun as playing music with likeminded people.

Enjoy the ride!

Congratulations Mary! So great to see it all coming together for you. You're abilities are going to jump miles ahead very quickly.

this just made my day

so glad you get to feel that feeling Mary......it's a good one

......and so it begins .....your new chapter

Nothing like the feeling of laying it down for a band. So good. Savor it and keep it up!

Congratulations. Mary. You have earned every bit of what youve got.

Congrats!!

It is fun playing with any decent group of musicians, but to find like-minded people and really enjoy the songs...that's awesome!

I swear I'm going to make a copy of this thread and send it to Mike Johnston :) For every negative comment on a YouTube video, all I have to do is come here to feel good about myself. Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderul support and awesome comments. You make a girl feel loved :) What a great community we have !

I swear I'm going to make a copy of this thread and send it to Mike Johnston :) For every negative comment on a YouTube video, all I have to do is come here to feel good about myself. Thanks to everyone for all of the wonderul support and awesome comments. You make a girl feel loved :) What a great community we have !

Right, now is the time for it...

FREE ROUND OF ICE-CREAM FOR EVERYBODY!!!

Let's celebrate Mary's first band... girl power, grrr...

That's great Mary. Nothing like playing with others. It's addictive. Next big step is people paying you money to hear you play.

Oh my! First official (and even paying) gig booked with the newly revamped Lip Gloss band scheduled for June 22! Guess I've jumped into this with both feet...lol. Time to get to practicing!

Oh my! First official (and even paying) gig booked with the newly revamped Lip Gloss band scheduled for June 22! Guess I've jumped into this with both feet...lol. Time to get to practicing!

Wow a paying gig already! That's awesome. I hope someone videos it so we can see it!

Congrats!

Nooooo !! What? I mean - WHAT !!! That's absolutely wonderful. I am as happy for you as is possible for an insanely jealous person to be (if you follow me).

The practising is so much more fun when there's a gig (and better yet, money too) at the end of it.

How cool is that? Good job.

WHAT??? Floored. I'm floored. June 22? That's soon! Lip Gloss! OMG! Holy crap! How many sets? Are you singing? I'm not ready for this yet! I'm gonna be a wreck!

WHAT??? Floored. I'm floored. June 22? That's soon! Lip Gloss! OMG! Holy crap! How many sets? Are you singing? I'm not ready for this yet! I'm gonna be a wreck!

We play from 10pm to 2 am so I am assuming about 3 sets. Crazy, right? I'm doing everyone a service by NOT singing. Throwing down a beat is going to be more than enuf work for me! As for the name...don't hold that against me..it was already in place when I joined.

Just remember...this is all your fault...lol

Wow... You girls don't fool around!
There is a band that I have been playing with for over a year now and we still haven't booked a gig.

Back