DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 PM

Default Drop-Clutch Stack

Hey everyone,
This is my first post. I was curious if anyone had ever used a drop-clutch with a china and another cymbal (Splash, crash etc.) so that while on a separate hi-hat stand you can hit the dropclutch to drop the cymbal on to the china/effect cymbal to change the sound it makes from a china to a stack, and vice versa, mid-song or practice?

Would it work?
Thanks in advance for your replies,
ProZak
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Drop-Clutch Stack

It would work but are you planning on using the pedal on the hi-hat stand to reset the clutch? What might be better is the DW Incremental Clutch combined with an x-hat. Basically a lever that you rotate that drops the top cymbal in increments. You can even do it with the tip of your stick. It would be perfect for this. I usually do it while a 19" Ride I have with a 14" hi-hat cymbal on the bottom so I can go from a closed stack sound to a sizzle cymbal.

http://store.dwdrums.com/p/dwsm9213-incremental-clutch

or this which is the clutch + a universal x-hat that you can use on any stand.

http://store.dwdrums.com/p/dwsm9214-...-w-attatchment
Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Drop-Clutch Stack

Very interesting. I have never seen those before. and yes the idea would be to go back and forth between stack and chinese. My initial thought would be a drop clutch and perhaps a cable hihat stand. I was curious because I have found places in various songs that require a stack type sound, whilst others require a chinese, but having both is extremely expensive (In money terms, and in terms of space on the kit).
Thanks