Saturn

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
My 2012 mapex saturn.

I just put new G2's on all the toms and I love the sound with tighter tuning. I don't actually use the 12", I prefer having a 2nd set of hats but it looks nicer as a 6-piece. I might order a 16" while I still have the chance.

Here's a dodgy soundclip (pre-g2's)

https://soundcloud.com/drecor/then-the-whales-came

Enjoy

Good7.jpg

Good5.jpg

Good9.jpg

Good8.jpg

Nice kit,
I like my Saturn's tuned tight too.
I have owned my Saturn kit for just over a year now.
I never get tired of playing it.
Saturn's have this alluring tone that is addictive.

Nice playing on the Soundcloud file.

Damn first of all I have to say that the song had some very nice and beautiful melodies! It gave me some really nice feelings..
Also Your kit sounds very nice! Toms and the bass drum soundes just so perfect..And that snare wasn't bad sounding either :)
Congrats for your kit!

Thanks all. Jounari, it's just a jam that we recorded, I'm glad you enjoy it.

Jorn - it's a 22 medium k constantinople.

Those look nice and sound nice. Happy drumming!

I put die cast hoops on my akira snare (and puresound snares). Looks cool.

I don't think it will be knocking the black beauty off its perch but I've been wanting to do it for years.

Attachments

• photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 1,239
I put die cast hoops on my akira snare (and puresound snares). Looks cool.

I don't think it will be knocking the black beauty off its perch but I've been wanting to do it for years.
Nice clean look to that snare - I like it. Should deliver a nice focussed pop with the die cast hoops in place too :)

Is that a sideways facing Saturn badge I see? You are aware that eternal damnation & pestilence shall be visited upon you for such a crime? ;) ;) ;)

You know, for all the jokes made at this particular brand of drums' expense- that is one damn fine looking kit (could use a second bass drum though) ; )
And the battle for correct badge placement rages on I see...

I really like the badges, the lugs and finishes of saturns. I don't mind ppl having a laugh though. The actual mapex logo on the bass drum could look alot nicer, I'll give you that.

As planned I got a 16" floor tom made. Not really sure if I can get used to twisting around to reach it but I saw a Gregg Bissonette clinic last week (he had saturns with 14 and 16 floor toms) I'm glad I bought this thing.

Also some 15" UFIP light Class series hi-hats.

Attachments

• ph23oto(2414).JPG
    ph23oto(2414).JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 818
Helpful hint. Push the 16" FT farther up front. That will help you hit it a bit more straight on.
Most people do as you did and put the second FT behind the first FT but it should be to the right of the first FT.

Yep, made the move after about 10 minutes playing. Always noticed Akira Jimbo and Gavin Harrison doing that.

Back