DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 03-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Platinum Member

Default Saw a UFO at band practice tonight!

No, seriously, we did! No doubt whatsoever in my mind. I've seen suspicious stuff before, & I know a fair bit about aircraft, judging heights, speeds, etc. This was different. Estimate the height to be 35,000ft plus. Speed = a factor of 10 x that achievable by a military aircraft. It had an outline, but couldn't really make out detail. Also had a slight orange glow to the rear - no sound. The thing that really did it for me, was a very sudden change of direction + rapid acceleration towards the end of it's visible flight. Without going into boring detail, I've crunched all possible variables (height vs. speed perception, etc), & can find no explanation for what I & two other band mates saw. Astonishing!

& no herbal cigarettes either!
Old 03-12-2013, 02:06 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Saw a UFO at band practice tonight!

Probably just swamp gas
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 AM
Platinum Member

That's interesting. I would like to see something completely inexplicable like that. Maybe they were enjoying the music. :)
Old 03-12-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaard View Post
Probably just swamp gas
Reflecting off Venus!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Pollyanna's Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
...& no herbal cigarettes either!
Any drinks? :)

Sorry Andy, it was just Bo and I flying over after a drink together in the UK after the premiere of the "Cartoon Wars" in London... ;-))
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2013, 03:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
Reflecting off Venus!
Or Uranus!!!!!

Needed the extra !!!!'s because it was too short.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Gold Member

You need to tweet Russell Crowe! : )
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 AM
Silver Member

Sorry KIS, hard for this group to take anything seriously unless we are arguing about Ringo.

However, here in SC, US, we have this celestial gizmo.
http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...ver-lowcountry

And since Russia got clobbered last month, maybe its a trend.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Silver Member

That was just me flying around earlier. Sorry, next time I will drop in and hear your practice.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Platinum Member

I know for fact that there is other life out there... Maybe even some form of intelligence. I can't really buy that they would be anywhere near us or want to just anonymously "study" us from 35k feet.

Probably some new type of manned or un-manned flight device. Hell, there's even an outside chance you saw something you weren't supposed to! Much more likely than say a lawyer with integrity, or a "gospel chopper" playing tastefully.

Sticks for Drones?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:58 AM
Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
I know for fact that there is other life out there
You know that for a fact? Given that there has been no evidence of ET life as yet, could it be that you have a little secret in your family tree? Could explain your unconventional posting style ... (sorry for outing you, but you can always deny it).

The earth is one planet of a billion billion so there's a fair chance that we're not alone - as long as by "company" we mean life within several thousand light years. For aliens to reach us they would have to master time travel or work out how to exceed the speed of light (if possible would take more fuel than we have on Earth) and travel through wormholes. Then they would be prepared to make themselves visible to us - and if they have the "chops" to get out here they would surely know when they were in view and would do so to advantage.

Andy, my money is on another explanation ...

Soundcloud stream

Last edited by Anon La Ply; 03-12-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon La Ply View Post
You know that for a fact? Given that there has been no evidence of ET life as yet, could it be that you have a little secret in your family tree? Could explain your unconventional posting style ... (sorry for outing you, but I'm sure if you deny it most will fall off the trail).

The earth is one planet of a billion billion so there's a fair chance that we're no alone - as long as by "company" we mean life within several thousand light years. For aliens to reach us they would have to master time travel or work out how to exceed the speed of light (if possible would take more fuel than we have on Earth) and travel through wormholes. Then they would be prepared to make themselves visible to us - and if they have the "chops" to get out here they would surely know when they were in view and would do so to advantage.

Andy, my money is on another explanation ...
Agreed. We have no knowledge of outside life and while it may be possible, I do not believe it would anything like us. I really think there are lots of "secrets" governments don't want us to know about.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrocker View Post
I really think there are lots of "secrets" governments don't want us to know about.
No doubt, but I don't think those secrets would relate to ETs ... it would have leaked by now.

Soundcloud stream
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
No doubt, but I don't think those secrets would relate to ETs ... it would have leaked by now.
I was more referring to technology and advancements in military weaponry and similar things. They probably have some flying vehicles that would blow our minds, but if that got out then every country would try to make it. I'm sure most all countries have some "amazing technology" we don't know about.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
You know that for a fact?
Not on earth, or anywhere near us, but yes. I don't think our circumstances are all that unique, in such a huge universe nor do I limit the thought patterns to only being "life" forms like us. It could quite literally get weirder than we could ever imagine.

Quote:
Given that there has been no evidence of ET life as yet, could it be that you have a little secret in your family tree? Could explain your unconventional posting style ... (sorry for outing you, but you can always deny it).
I have no idea what you are talking about. This type of insolence would not be tolerated on my home planet, were I in fact a representative of planet 4114331; which I am not. Even if I was, our research would have indicated that my posting style is a perfect replicate of real human conversation by text input.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:12 AM
"Uncle Larry"

If Andy says it, I for one believe it. Andy is just too credible. There is plenty of evidence. All those photos can't be faked. Even if only one is real, well that's enough evidence right there, slam dunk. Apollo 11 had some mysterious green orb just sitting there about 300 miles away, apparently observing. The government admits that. If life happened here, it can happen somewhere else. To think Earth is the only place life happened is re-diculous, short sighted and absurd. You humans make me laugh. Ha Ha Ha!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrocker View Post
I was more referring to technology and advancements in military weaponry and similar things. They probably have some flying vehicles that would blow our minds, but if that got out then every country would try to make it. I'm sure most all countries have some "amazing technology" we don't know about.
Yes, for sure. I was thinking of the Roswell conspiracies but each military would have their experimental and secret stuff.

Quote:
Not on earth, or anywhere near us, but yes. I don't think our circumstances are all that unique, in such a huge universe nor do I limit the thought patterns to only being "life" forms like us. It could quite literally get weirder than we could ever imagine.
A depressing thought is that it's possible (though unlikely) that we are unique in an otherwise dead universe - or we might be the smartest life forms in a dumb universe.

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. This type of insolence would not be tolerated on my home planet,
I knew there were some basic cultural differences going on!

Soundcloud stream
Old 03-12-2013, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
There is plenty of evidence.
Evidence to suggest that people have seen objects flying in the sky that they were unable to identify? Yep, plenty.

Evidence of little green men inside those unidentified flying objects? Hmmm...not so much.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Evidence to suggest that people have seen objects flying in the sky that they were unable to identify? Yep, plenty.

Evidence of little green men inside those unidentified flying objects? Hmmm...not so much.
For all you know, Larry may have been personally probed and has first-hand knowledge.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
For all you know, Larry may have been personally probed and has first-hand knowledge.
It's always about the anal probe. Why do aliens have such a burning obsession with our arses? Lord knows, if most of the guys I know are anything to guage by.....it's one area I'd most like to avoid!!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
It's always about the anal probe. Why do aliens have such a burning obsession with our arses?
I'll point out that you're the one who added in the anal part of this. I could have been referencing the probing of any number of Larry's orifices.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
No, seriously, we did! No doubt whatsoever in my mind. I've seen suspicious stuff before, & I know a fair bit about aircraft, judging heights, speeds, etc. This was different. Estimate the height to be 35,000ft plus. Speed = a factor of 10 x that achievable by a military aircraft. It had an outline, but couldn't really make out detail. Also had a slight orange glow to the rear - no sound. The thing that really did it for me, was a very sudden change of direction + rapid acceleration towards the end of it's visible flight. Without going into boring detail, I've crunched all possible variables (height vs. speed perception, etc), & can find no explanation for what I & two other band mates saw. Astonishing!

I believe you can't explain it. But that doesn't mean it had to be an extraterrestrial race from thousands of light years away, which just happened to become sentient and develop interplanetary travel at the same billionth of an instant in time as us in the life of the universe.

On the other hand, people send up tens of thousands of things into the air every day, and even a few into space - jets, props, balloons, satellites, missiles, gliders, large, people and small stuff, on and on. All right here on our own planet.

There's a much better chance that humans are responsible for the thing you can't explain, as opposed to an extraterrestrial form of life, especially when we have absolutely no evidence of any kind that life exists anywhere else in the universe, or ever has.

We are the UFOs.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 AM
Renegade

It does seem to be a rather odd thing to do after travelling a hundred thousand light years but ...

Soundcloud stream
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
It does seem to be a rather odd thing to do after travelling a hundred thousand light years.
Come on now. Let's turn it around. I bet anything that if we ever find life out there, it will get probed within the first 3 encounters. We can't expect other forms of life to be any less probe happy than we are.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Renegade

Point. More likely dissected. But anything advanced enough to get here would be able to find out everything about us without even landing.

Soundcloud stream
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The universe is huge, but time is much more vast. It could be that life forms pass each other in the night, separated by millions of years and millions of light years.

The universe is about 14 billion years old and the Earth, 4.5 billion years. Life on Earth: 3.6 billion years. Sentient live on Earth: Maybe 200,000. So, for the entire life of the universe, life has existed for less 25 one-hundredths of the time and sentient life for 14 millionths of the time. And I'm not even speculating whether interplanetary travel is possible, practical, useful or affordable. Entire species could evolve, do their thing and their solar systems crumble and the species, at the interplanetary traveling stage, might never get closer together than a million years.

The best we might do is discover that there is life on other planets, but it's millions or billions of years away from having sentient life, if ever. The closest thing life ever gets to interplanetary travel is on comets, carrying amino acid fragments and the seeds of life from one planet to the next.

We are really alone.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 AM
Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
We are really alone.
Unless someone cracks time travel or wormhole travel.

Soundcloud stream
Old 03-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

No. What you saw was the planet Venus.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Sorry mate, but without pictures it just didn't happen.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 AM

Pity none of you follow the astronomical news. It's a comet. It will become brighter than the moon shortly and then it will disappear into the unknown. Give it a wave as it goes past, it may be driven by Little Green Men.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud View Post
Pity none of you follow the astronomical news. It's a comet. It will become brighter than the moon shortly and then it will disappear into the unknown. Give it a wave as it goes past, it may be driven by Little Green Men.
But comets don't rapidly accelerate and change direction, do they?

Nup, I'm not buyin' it. It has to be anal probing little green men on their way to steal our earth women while they're sleeping.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Totally believe you Andy... :)

I hope you don't mind me relating my experience?

I'm not a believer in all things paranormal or anything, quite the opposite, a determined cynic and rationalist usually.

But... I've had two such encounters in my life. I'm not saying anything about aliens, but they were unidentified and flying which in my book (like Andy's encounter), makes them UFOs until I have a realistic and plausible explanation.

The last was 20 years ago when my wife and I were in Brecon, Wales. Walking back to our B&B from an anniversary dinner late one night (around 23:30). We saw twelve lights in the sky (red and white) a long way away (possibly in the direction of the Bristol Channel), and totally silent. We watched them for about 8 to 10 minutes as they moved in and out, pulsed a little and usually made symmetrical patterns in the sky; fairly closely grouped. But before anyone suggests weather balloons, flares or Chinese lanterns, when they finished their 'display' they raced off across the sky in a couple of seconds. They were certainly faster than would be possible by any aircraft I know; and like Andy I'm an experienced observer.

To say we were totally gob-smaked would be an understatement. We still remember it well and discuss it occasionally to this day whenever the UFO topic comes up.

Chromium
Old 03-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

Well guys, I was fully aware that you'd all have a bit of fun with this, & why not, I would. Bring on the fun I say! :) :) :) I'm not suggesting that said object was from another world, but it's abilities were way beyond anything even the most informed observer would be aware of. This was not a product of reflection, or the reaction of some sort of gas, or a celestial body, or aurora borealis. There was no "streak of light" aspect to it whatsoever.

Quote:
But comets don't rapidly accelerate and change direction, do they?
Exactly, plus the speed of this thing was way beyond (like a factor of x 10 beyond) anything I know about. If it was manned, the "pilot" would be dead after that change of direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
The last was 20 years ago when my wife and I were in Brecon, Wales.
Coincidentally, we weren't too far away from that location. I'm very used to seeing weird stuff here. Not only is my location super dark at night (close to zero light overspill), we're also fairly elevated with a near 360 degree horizon view. This is the home of the UK special forces. They have seven facilities surrounding us. The main base (which is huge) at Credenhill, + all manner of communication bases (big illuminated towers & stuff), + two facilities in the Brecon beacons. I'm very familiar with how military aircraft operate locally, & I'm very used to seeing them in relation to our local topography. What we saw, was on a whole different level of ability, & "flying" much much higher. I still think my (admittedly very rough) estimate of height & speed is ultra conservative. The object was in our view for no more than 5 seconds.

I fully subscribe to the possibility that we saw something constructed on this planet. If there's an area to test such a thing in the UK, it's here. If someone else wants to see what the UK is up to, it's here. I don't make any representations to it's origin, but it's abilities were so far beyond any technology I can conceive of, it begs the question. That instant turn it made tells me that this device didn't have wings, so let's treat that as a starting point :)
Old 03-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Platinum Member

I don't know what Andy saw but in general, I'll go on the record as saying I believe there is intelligent life somewhere other than here. I don't believe for a second that it's only us. It's way too big for us to understand. Do I think the intelligent life looks in any way shape or form like us? No. We draw these figures based on our point of references - heads, eyes, arms, legs, etc.... And then we make them 'green'.... Common - really? That's for the movies and books.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM

If they were out to get us we'd have been toast a long while ago...
Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Gold Member

Funny how we still use the term "little green men". Apparently before the book/ movie "Communion" came out, aliens were described by supposed abuctees as being every colour of the spectrum and a multitude of different body shapes.
After the book came out most accounts then stated them as being the now classic bulbous black eyes and pale skin (probably the first image to come into people's minds when discussing aliens these days).
Old 03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Silver Member

Any chance it was a drone? Being serious for a minute. If you are near an SF compound, maybe they were practicing.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaajn View Post
Any chance it was a drone? Being serious for a minute. If you are near an SF compound, maybe they were practicing.
No chance. A magnitude of 10 x plus the speed of any drone, & the ability to change direction instantly. It was my first thought, plus the "glow" from the rear was unlike any jet exhaust I know of.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Platinum Member

I swear I witnessed a UFO back in '76 one fall evening. I believe!

I think aliens prefer North Drums as well. They're probably the ones buying them up on ebay.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 PM

I live out in Vegas not far from the Air Force base and I've seen some pretty damn strange things out here in the night sky before. Last time was about 2 weeks ago. Floating lights very low in the sky making NO noise and making some strange manuevers. I'm sure it was something out of the local Air Force base. This was right above a neighborhood very close to mine.