Help Finding Part for Pearl Double Pedal

I bought a set of Pearl P902 Double Kickers a week ago as my first Double Pedals. I liked them until they broke :( I was playing when all off a sudden one beater didn't return. I found the bolt that holds on the little plastic roller that the spring goes to had snapped off. I know it is just manufacture defect because i have never seen this happen on any pearl pedal ever! I thought no big deal that's what my warranty is for. WRONG! I contact the seller and they say that i have to send the entire pedals half way across Australia to a pearl service center so they can determine it didn't break from misuse. I say can i just send the broken bit? I get told no. Ok makes sense. Now if i post these the postage to the center and back will cost me $40+ not to mention i will no doubt have to wait months to get my pedals back just for a stupid little bolt. What do i do? No way am i posting the whole kickers because that will probably cost more then the part itself. I think that i should just be sent a replacement part and not have to spend anything on the pedals i bought a week ago.

Attachments

• P902 Pearl.png
    P902 Pearl.png
    366.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Pearl P902.png
    Pearl P902.png
    461.5 KB · Views: 1,158
Wow - that sucks. Seems to be a manufacturing defect for sure, and not something that would result from misuse. I agree - they should just send you the replacement part.
No specific advice as to where to go from there though - sorry.

I would write Pearl directly. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Getting upset helps your cause too. I'd be squeaking like crazy.

Who's the seller mate? If they are a bricks and mortar store, they should definitely deal with it for you. Go back in, take the pedals with you and kick up a little. Be nice, but be firm and direct and don't accept their bullshit.
Of course, if you bought them online, then it's possible that the service centre is the only option they provide.

I bought them off ebay from a well known music store, I buy most my drum equipment this way because if i buy stuff from Sydney it is often 50% cheaper then buying it from my local store. As for the sellers name i wont say yet because if they do end up helping me i wouldn't want to damage their reputation but my patience is running thin. If everything fails I'm going to email Pearl in the US, They probably will care slightly more about my situation.

Back