DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-02-2011, 11:05 AM

Default Mapex T765A drum throne issue

I recently received this drum throne as a Christmas present and I really like it. There's however one weird thing: When I tight up those two tension bolts which keeps the threaded steel rod tight, the threaded steel rod bends a little bit forward or backward depends on which position is that tube collar lock (you can notice it from the picture). I would like to know if someone has this chair and this same problem. In my opinion a chair with price like this should NOT have problems like these!

Otherwise this chair is VERY sturdy and feels comfortable under my butt! :)
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Mapex T765A drum throne issue

Where the main (screw) post enters the stand base is a plastic fitting, that's what's causing the play, a lot of thrones have this design. The higher up the stool goes, the more play/stress on the plastic bushing.

Thrones with a phatty steel collar (collar being taller/more threads is better) at the top of the base provides more support (no flex) where the screw post enters the base, the problem area.

There will always be seat flex. Seat tops with with large steel bottom plates will flex less than brackets of the finger design, the wider the seat top, the more flex.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Ismore View Post
Where the main (screw) post enters the stand base is a plastic fitting, that's what's causing the play, a lot of thrones have this design. The higher up the stool goes, the more play/stress on the plastic bushing.

Thrones with a phatty steel collar (collar being taller/more threads is better) at the top of the base provides more support (no flex) where the screw post enters the base, the problem area.

There will always be seat flex. Seat tops with with large steel bottom plates will flex less than brackets of the finger design, the wider the seat top, the more flex.
Well, in my throne there is no plastic fitting where the screw enters to the stand base. I think the reason why it does bend is that the threaded steel rod's diameter is a little bit smaller than the theaded tube collar lock's. And in addition there is not much support for the rod inside the metal tube.

I think that I'm going to make a little socket inside the tube so the drum throne will support the threaded rod (= will not make it bend after that).
Old 01-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

There should be a nylon or plastic threaded insert where the screw enters the base (pic), collar locks will not be enough to hold it stable.

The main screw posts are usually 7/8'', that going into a base needs something inside the base as in 'thread's' to keep it tight side to side and its usually the plastic threaded inserts the wobble a little, especially when the stool gets extended.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 AM

Hi all .. I bought one of these 18 months ago ..Horrible ,, not uncomfortable but it wobbles about all the time ,, the wingnut under the seat base that is supposed to lock the base ..doesnt,, keeps working loose even when i did it up with some grips ...part of the lower tube clamp fell out at a gig and disappeared ,so now the legs flex about as well .. bought some mapex falcons at the same time .. the pedals themselves are very strong .but the link arm is.. rubbish ..as is the hoop clamp as well ,,all keep working loose had the pedal fall of the drum a few times the uj's have backlash in them ,,and this morning the alumnium (not steel) extension piece snapped flush at the joint ,,, hmmm mapex?.. bought pearl demon drive today to replace them and am about to order a pork pie throne .jst my tuppence worth :-)