DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 01-25-2013, 04:50 AM

Default Buy drums for the first time but I'm hang for the moment

Guys I need suggestion. I want to buy an electric drumset and I have been researching a lot.
I want to use it for my practice and as a hobby, however if there will be a chance for a gig I'll go for it. I also wanted to minimize the cost as possible and so far these are my choices:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
1st option: I will make a customize electric drum.

a: I will buy XM mesh like this: http://www.xm-world.com/en/product/2...-9S/AH-9S.html

b. I will buy affordable acoustic drumset nearby my town and convert it to electric drumset. XE edrums website has a simple guide on how to convert though I don't know if it is safe though I really think it is simple. (note: I'm from Philippines)

c. I will buy Roland TD-11 module.

I have reseached some customized drums online (http://www.jobekydrums.co.uk/) but they are pretty expensive for me.

Option 2: Same with option one but instead I will use the XM 9s module. Is there really a big difference between Roland and XM module?

3rd option: I will buy Roland TD-11KV and directly hop in it.

So guys, do you think I should customize my own electric drum? Do I really need to know a lot of technical knowledge to customize?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Buy drums for the first time but I'm hang for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by riS View Post
So guys, do you think I should customize my own electric drum? Do I really need to know a lot of technical knowledge to customize?
No, you don't, the knowledge is already out there. Some basic tools will be required, but in the long run it will be incredibly helpful to have knowledge of how the electronics work.
However this is not the place you will find that knowledge. If you decide to go down the XM route, send me a private message and I'll direct you to a forum more suited for this sort of thing. I don't want to post it here out of respect to Bernhard.

Otherwise I'm sure the Roland is fine. Incredibly overpriced for what you actually receive, but what you choose to do with your money is your decision!