DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Nicko McBrain

last year i went to one of his drum clinics in england (newcastle) and i was amazed at how low his throne was compared to to the height of his kit.
i got a picture taken with him when i was there and a autograph had to wait a while but it was worth it
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 AM

Hi Nicko, I'm a friend of George's from premier, just thought I'd say hi :) He kept telling me to go to one of your clinics but I didn't have the time unfortunately :( All the best!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:57 AM

Hello fellow Nicko fans. He is fantastic isn't he? I have followed his career with Maiden since he joined. I must add I thought Clive was the best drummer out there doing that kind of music until Nicko came along. No dis-respect Clive, I still love ya mate!! :)
One thing though, I kind of wish he'd used a click track to record with in the early days. On 7th Son tracks such as "Moonchild" and "Can I play with Madness" he speeds up so much. He can be a massive racer sometimes. I thought Harry would've said something, but obviously he didn't mind.
Have a listen to "Moonchild" and count with him during the intro and then keep counting as he rips into the first verse.
I don't wanna sound like I'm rippin on the dude by any means, but it's pretty obvious.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Gold Member

hes from the spicy end of the spice rack
Old 12-27-2012, 04:26 AM

I'm a big fan. The guy can count and has amazing skills to go along with it. I recently acquired 1 of the 10 somewhere back in time kits made by Premier, unfortunately having a replica of his kit didn't make me play like him. I guess we all need inspiration. I've never seen Maiden and I'm sure my chances are dwindling, but hopefully someday I'll meet Nicko at his restaurant in Florida. If you want to see some up close and educational stuff, YouTube Rock n' Roll ribs. Nicko plays with some guys for the grand opening with cameras right there. Way better shots than Maiden vids where you get a whole 10/1000th of a second clip of him playing those mad fills. It would be nice if they kept a camera on the drummers a little longer. I hope he does more educational stuff, mainly with his foot technique. The guy has a ton to offer the drumming community. UpTheIrons
Old 07-05-2013, 08:53 PM

This photo I took in munich, 2011, at "An evening with Nicko" : )

Nicko McBrain