DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Default Yamaha DTX950k Drum Standard Kit

Hi All

Noobie to the forum and looking for some advice, so thanks in advance.

I am currently located in Malta, a tiny island south of Sicily so it goes without saying that finding a laptop portable drumkit is difficult, and expensive.

I can have it shipped to the UK but there is a 20% VAT tax. Most companies outside the US include this.

I am also coming back to the states for XMas so I could ship them to myself I think without paying the 20%, but I'm not 100% sure on that. The other thing with the kit is its way too much to transport myself from what I have seen on YouTube.

The second question is where to buy it? I want it now so that rules out a few places.

Many of the shops have bundles, and some picture the set with a duble pedal but cleverly omit it from the kit and disclose it somewhere, so I am concerned I order it and I'm missing something as important as the kicker! Because I live in Malta everything takes weeks to get. I have a 20 pc set of Pearls in my living room right now that I can't play. I don't want another.

I have spent day researching brands and stores and so on and I just need someone to explain what I need over and above the standard 750k kit.

Maybe a store rep or kit owner here could guide me better.

Thanks in advance once again!

Gary
Old 12-08-2012, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Yamaha DTX950k Drum Standard Kit

That reads confusing. What I meant to say that trying to find even just a laptop kit is difficult and expensive. I want a DTX950k so it's obviously not going to be from here, and even more difficult.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:14 PM

From personal experience I can tell you that if Kraft Music will ship to you, they are a fantastic online company to go with. And like Yamaha, they seem to stand behind their products.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
From personal experience I can tell you that if Kraft Music will ship to you, they are a fantastic online company to go with. And like Yamaha, they seem to stand behind their products.
Yea I read that in one of your posts. The problem is I still don't know what I am ordering.

What I am surprised about is that its been over 24 hours and I haven't received one email or any other post other than yours and I am admittedly trying to spend $5000-$6000.

I need to tell one of my Affiliates to sign up to these guys Affiliate programs, do the research and I'll put the sale through him.

Or high a hungry salesman that knows how to type and email.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaGary View Post
Yea I read that in one of your posts. The problem is I still don't know what I am ordering.

What I am surprised about is that its been over 24 hours and I haven't received one email or any other post other than yours and I am admittedly trying to spend $5000-$6000.

I need to tell one of my Affiliates to sign up to these guys Affiliate programs, do the research and I'll put the sale through him.

Or high a hungry salesman that knows how to type and email.
No offense..but have you gone back and read your initial posts?? Honestly, I had a hard time figuring out what you're asking...

What kits are you looking at currently? ...based on your post title, one would be a DTX950...are there any others you are considering as well? Also, have you personally tried the kits out? If not, you really need to, because nobody should tell you ultimately what kit to buy...that's a decision YOU have to make..there may be people that reaffirm your decision, but you have to make the choice...
Old 12-22-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
Nope they won't ship to Malta.