DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-17-2012, 05:20 AM

Default Questions About the Roland TD-30k

Hey all,

I'm brand spanking new to the world of electronic drums, so please be gentle with me. I am considering buying a Roland electronic drum set for when my family moves to Singapore in July. I have two questions I'm hoping that someone on this forum may be able to answer.

1.) I have not played the td-30k, only the td-30kv. The difference in price seems substantial and not really justified in my eyes. However, I do see that the td-30kv has the snare mounted in a snare stand (which means it can be positioned in a wide variety of positions) while the td-30k looks to be connected to the rack system that comes with the kit. My question is, is it feasible/possible to mount the snare in a stand on the td-30k or would I have to get the td-30kv model to do that?

2.) If I buy a Roland kit here in the states, will I be able to use it in Singapore or do I have to wait until I get to Singapore and buy it there? (Thinking about the different electrical voltage here.)
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Questions About the Roland TD-30k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkaway View Post
Hey all,

I'm brand spanking new to the world of electronic drums, so please be gentle with me. I am considering buying a Roland electronic drum set for when my family moves to Singapore in July. I have two questions I'm hoping that someone on this forum may be able to answer.

1.) I have not played the td-30k, only the td-30kv. The difference in price seems substantial and not really justified in my eyes. However, I do see that the td-30kv has the snare mounted in a snare stand (which means it can be positioned in a wide variety of positions) while the td-30k looks to be connected to the rack system that comes with the kit. My question is, is it feasible/possible to mount the snare in a stand on the td-30k or would I have to get the td-30kv model to do that?

2.) If I buy a Roland kit here in the states, will I be able to use it in Singapore or do I have to wait until I get to Singapore and buy it there? (Thinking about the different electrical voltage here.)
1) You can do this if you want - no problem.
2) I doubt if it's a problem but you should be able to google this. However, the cost of shipping the kit will be considerable and so it would be worth checking out the cost in SIngapore.

Cheers
Davo
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Questions About the Roland TD-30k

With the different voltages though ... you will probably need at a bare minimum a different power adapter suited for the country. You may need a power converter also.