DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-01-2012, 08:15 PM

Default Tell me about the Pearl ePro Live kits>>>

Good for actually playing live? Sound decent with acoustic heads on them? Quiet enough to practice still? Good feel? etc...
Old 12-02-2012, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Tell me about the Pearl ePro Live kits>>>

I have never played live with them though they can be plugged in direct to any amp or PA. You would need a GOOD amp because the bass drum can can really boom.
I like the feel of the heads, rubber not mesh like the Roland. The Rolands were like tennis rackets. They are quiet enough for practice with the rubber cymbals, not the brass cymbals. I have also never put standard heads on it. There is a video of the kit with standard heads on it on You Tube. I'm sure it's on the E-Pro Live web site also. It sounds good in the video.
Overall I'm pleased with the drums but I got mine through Amazon and is was a "refurbished" kit from Pearl. Much much less then the new price everyone is selling them for. I would not pay $3000 for this set. No way, no how.
I'm actually looking for an acoustic set now so I have both since I would need cymbals and highat to convert the E-Pro to acoustic.
They sound fantastic plugged directly into a recorder! I have several drumless track on my YouTube channel if you want to hear what they sound like direct into a recorder (search alvanko in YouTube).
I'm glad I bought them and glad i got them at the price I paid for them.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Tell me about the Pearl ePro Live kits>>>

You can convert an acoustic kit alot less than the ePro. I saw them and played on them at a GC. It's ok but not that kind of money.

I'm purchasing an additional Yamaha acoustic kit, triggers, mesh heads, and the DTX700 module for just about $2000 or less. And you got a real setup. Of course doesn;t include cymbals. But, I'll do that later. Rather be practicing on the kit than a pad.

Also the module (I think i read it's a Alesis DM10) and heads are 3rd party, not manufactured by Pearl. May want to do a little research,. try vdrums.com.

just a thought....