DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-22-2010, 11:16 PM

Default Trick Pedal Play Problem?

I have been playing the trick Pro-1 V double bass pedals for around 5 months now. I play death metal so speed is essential to me and the slightest play in the pedal is noticeable. I have begun to notice a bit of play in the left pedal. About half way down it feels like there is no tension and feels like it is clicking.

I'm friends with the guys at trick and am going to send them back to be rebuilt but just wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem.

I got some axis longboards to hold me over for a while though. Havent played them yet but have always wanted to.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Trick Pedal Play Problem?

Never had any problem like that with mine. You sure all of the bolts were tightened down, because there's nothing that could make a clicking noise on the pedal really.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Silver Member

Make sure that the driveshaft is connected to properly to the main part.

I had a similar problem with Iron Cobra Jnr., the driveshaft would keep slipping its grip on the right-side join to the main pedal, apparantly the drum key screw had to be lined up with a flat surface to hold against, otherwise I would just wonder why my cam angle would keep changing.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 PM

Probably a bearing. A worn out bearing will have play / roughness in it.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 AM

I did a few things to try and fix it, I switched the pedals around, tightened everything super tight. I dont think it should be worn out yet but then again I do run 16ths on bass at around 200-210 bpm. I dont really hit that hard though since I use triggers. They are in route to Chicago as we speak, I will know what the problem is soon.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM

Ive experianced a similar problem and i believe its a problem with the connecter shaft. I played both of my pedals singly and had no problems but when i attached them together, i started noticing some play in the slave pedal and an annoying clicking sound. So ill probably send the shaft back to Trick to see what the hellz going on.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:55 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaltuxedo View Post
I did a few things to try and fix it, I switched the pedals around, tightened everything super tight. I dont think it should be worn out yet but then again I do run 16ths on bass at around 200-210 bpm. I dont really hit that hard though since I use triggers. They are in route to Chicago as we speak, I will know what the problem is soon.
No problems when playing single pedal with left side? It's either the U joint shaft or that internal compression spring on the left pedal. Sounds like the shaft though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDrummer View Post
Ive experianced a similar problem and i believe its a problem with the connecter shaft. I played both of my pedals singly and had no problems but when i attached them together, i started noticing some play in the slave pedal and an annoying clicking sound. So ill probably send the shaft back to Trick to see what the hellz going on.
Keep us updated. Would like to know what they/you found. Sucks for pedals that expensive.

Last edited by BigDinSD; 11-21-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaltuxedo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDrummer View Post
Hey Guys - did you find out what the problem was?