DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Platinum Member

Default Hey Les Ismore

Would you be so kind as to let me know where I can find the parts diagram and/or parts list that you attached in this post?: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...72&postcount=5
Thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Hey Les Ismore

You can find all the Yamaha diagrams/parts lists at https://www.yamaha24x7.com/.
Just make an account and search for your pedal model.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Platinum Member

Thank you very much. I just bought a used Yamaha DFP 9315 double bass pedal.

The driveshaft it came with works. The hole is a bit larger than the shaft, but the set screw seems to hold it tight so far.
If I wanted to get the stock driveshaft, I'd be out of luck. They say they're out of stock, not available, and it would cost 3 times as much as I paid for the whole pedal anyways - LOL

Last edited by wildbill; 11-28-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Silver Member

The driveshafts from the newest generation (9500/8500 pedals) are about $160, which is still too much. But supposedly the driveshafts on the new pedals have have been improved.
The drive shaft on my DFP9310 is in awful shape, there is a good amount of surface rust on the u-joints. The lag is terrible.
If you are going to get a new one, there's no reason not to go with teh Axis UDS. Its right around $120, and is easily servicable if/when the u-joints develop play.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlit View Post
The driveshafts from the newest generation (9500/8500 pedals) are about $160, which is still too much. But supposedly the driveshafts on the new pedals have have been improved.
The drive shaft on my DFP9310 is in awful shape, there is a good amount of surface rust on the u-joints. The lag is terrible.
If you are going to get a new one, there's no reason not to go with teh Axis UDS. Its right around $120, and is easily servicable if/when the u-joints develop play.

The price from the Yamaha site for the correct shaft was $339 - something like that. LOL

If it turns into a snag, it can be used as two separate pedals - I've already tried it, and they work just fine.

I'm going to put a couple pics in the double bass pedal driveshaft thread, if you care to take a look and see if you know what it is. Give me a couple minutes.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Silver Member

Yea, I looked into getting a replacement shaft for my 9310's earlier this year and was shocked by the $339 price. I have been debating for a few months now on whether to get the Axis shaft or just make do with my beat up one, since I dont use dont kick a whole lot these days.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:00 AM
Platinum Member

The pedals in the pic were in horrible shape, but I spent a good amount of time on them.

Wire wheeled all the rust off, vacuumed off the dust and cobwebs, cleaned all the junk out of the nooks and crannies with mineral spirits, dis-saasmbled and lubed everything, re-painted the foot boards, and so on.
A couple of the base screws were so tight I had to replace them after mangling them trying to get them out. Even after using a heat gun and impact driver on them, they remained stubborn and I had to chisel them out.

The pedals work just fine individually, and the joints in the shaft have no play, but I don't know if the driveshaft and pedal shafts would stand up to hard use without loosening, being that the driveshaft hole is a bit too big for the pedal shafts.

I'm more a single pedal guy anyways.

Last edited by wildbill; 11-26-2012 at 06:43 AM.