DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 09-22-2010, 10:42 PM

Default Need a trigger system

My band's playing a show with Bret Michaels in November. From past experience playing with A-list "superstars", the sound guy ALWAYS does his best to make the openers sound like dick, which makes the headliner(s) sound much better by comparison. At the last national show we played, my kit wasn't even miced. (<did I spell that right?)

I'm strapped for cash and want to sound good at this show so I figured the best way to do it and keep the sound guy far away from controlling my kit is to hook up triggers to my drums.

I'm familiar with triggers and how they work. I just want to know what a good module would be. I'm looking at the Alesis DM5 but if there are any comparable modules at a cheaper price, I'd like to find one.

I don't need to sample my own sounds with it. I just need one with a variety of quality preset voices.

Also a cheap e-kit amp or the like would be nice because aside from our house sound sounding like hell, we had no stage mix at all. So this time we would like to hear the drums on stage too.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Need a trigger system

Hey man, I know it was like a million years ago but how was your gig with B.M?