DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Default drum rack

so i have been thinking bout getting a drum rack for awhile just dont knw what to get i hav been looking at pearl icon 3 sidded rack but idk if it will b best for my set i hav a 8 pc i hav 3 toms 2 flr toms 2 bass drums n 6 cymbals n im going to add some more lik 3 more soon n a closed hi hat too so will tht icon b the best or is there some other rack i should get
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: drum rack

I was gonna suggest that a 3 sided rack is a little pointless at times (when you've got floor toms and don't use a huge amount of cymbals) but then I noticed you've got 2 bass drums. You could get a 3 sided or you could get 2 DR501's and just use stands for any crashes you wanna mount on the outer limits.

I have the pearl icon, it's very functional. I think the yamaha rack looks alot nicer though.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

ive owned a gibraltar rack it ws vry stable and there are loads of parts and options for it the pearl rack is more limited but many people prefer the square tube because theres no way the clams can slip and u dnt have to worry about memory locks at all but pearl hardware is more expensive than gibraltar and some peral clamps are only compatible with pearl stands cuz pearl uses different dimensions on their hardware than most other brands

...Wow, that was hard to write and read. Try to use some punctuaction and proper spelling next time; it will really help us in understanding what you're trying to say :-)
Old 09-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naigewron View Post
Try to use some punctuaction and proper spelling next time; it will really help us in understanding what you're trying to say :-)
exactly, writing on a forum as if you were texting makes life very difficult to read!

You can't go wrong with a pearl rack. Another one I'd love to see in person but no one carries locally is the yamaha hex rack!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Gold Member

I have a Dixon/Roland rack hybrid and personally wouldn't go for anything other than a curved rack. Not the most sturdy set-up though (Gibraltar's the best for that IMO).
The Pearl's do have the advantage of easily keeping your toms in place and not having to screw on the clamps with all the force you can muster every time you need to make an adjustment!