DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 AM

Default Advice on SessionPro DD506

I just got this kit after Christmas from never having my own one for 7 years since I left school where I got lessons. I'm just really experimenting with different tunings and combination of sounds and I'm using my Fender Mustang I practice amp I usually use for my guitar.

Just asking for any suggestions of cool sounding combinations of effects and such from more experienced users of an E - Kit as I've always been used to an acoustic set but as the usual case, I've never had the money to.

It would be a great help to get familiarised with basic aspects of a decent setup and I usually like to keep ecclectic with different genres.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Advice on SessionPro DD506

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarBitch View Post
I just got this kit after Christmas from never having my own one for 7 years since I left school where I got lessons. I'm just really experimenting with different tunings and combination of sounds and I'm using my Fender Mustang I practice amp I usually use for my guitar.

Just asking for any suggestions of cool sounding combinations of effects and such from more experienced users of an E - Kit as I've always been used to an acoustic set but as the usual case, I've never had the money to.

It would be a great help to get familiarised with basic aspects of a decent setup and I usually like to keep ecclectic with different genres.
Hay there,

That is the very kit I have, It is an alesis DM6 basically but with some extras like the higher model choke-able cymbals and the module is different, apart from that its just a rebrand.

Hope you enjoy the kit, I got mine in October just gone, first ever kit, first introduction to drumming and a present off my parents, so im quite attached to it, in the future when I am good at drumming I will look back at that kit with great fondness.

Have a look at my youtube channel, look at the first video I did (trigger IO review) its a video I did when i swapped the drum module for a trigger IO. I am not suggesting you swap the drum module, its just maybe food for thought in the future when you want to experiment a little more with the world of electronic drums as a whole as this opens up the full dynamic capabilities of your pads and such, and links to the computer for endless very high end recording quality sounds, and any kind of noise you can think of really.

Just a note : I have added a roland CY-5 hi hat cymbal and moved the old hi hat cymbal as an extra (china/splash etc) if you look at the kit and wonder
Old 06-30-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzo View Post
Hay there,

That is the very kit I have, It is an alesis DM6 basically but with some extras like the higher model choke-able cymbals and the module is different, apart from that its just a rebrand.

Hope you enjoy the kit, I got mine in October just gone, first ever kit, first introduction to drumming and a present off my parents, so im quite attached to it, in the future when I am good at drumming I will look back at that kit with great fondness.

Have a look at my youtube channel, look at the first video I did (trigger IO review) its a video I did when i swapped the drum module for a trigger IO. I am not suggesting you swap the drum module, its just maybe food for thought in the future when you want to experiment a little more with the world of electronic drums as a whole as this opens up the full dynamic capabilities of your pads and such, and links to the computer for endless very high end recording quality sounds, and any kind of noise you can think of really.

Just a note : I have added a roland CY-5 hi hat cymbal and moved the old hi hat cymbal as an extra (china/splash etc) if you look at the kit and wonder
Yeah, I was hoping to add a couple new cymbal pads onto it. I'm hoping to get the same setup as Brann of Mastodon but in the ekit of course. I'm back up to scratch with finding my old grade 5/6 sheet music from my lessons so they were good to start off then I just jumped into the deep end and started playing along to Mastodon songs so I can get used to syncopation of each drum instead of just a snare. I don't find the settings for a double pedal great as the left pedal for bass isn't as loud and i've tried all volume settings.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I was hoping to add a couple new cymbal pads onto it. I'm hoping to get the same setup as Brann of Mastodon but in the ekit of course. I'm back up to scratch with finding my old grade 5/6 sheet music from my lessons so they were good to start off then I just jumped into the deep end and started playing along to Mastodon songs so I can get used to syncopation of each drum instead of just a snare. I don't find the settings for a double pedal great as the left pedal for bass isn't as loud and i've tried all volume settings.
Yeah, although the bass pad is big enough to take a double bass, well I have altered mine a bit more now, well, when I say a little bit more, I mean quite a lot LOL : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9PGphXwg5I the old snare which is now left of the hi hat is now an extra, so cowbell / tambourine / whatever else
Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzo View Post
Yeah, although the bass pad is big enough to take a double bass, well I have altered mine a bit more now, well, when I say a little bit more, I mean quite a lot LOL : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9PGphXwg5I the old snare which is now left of the hi hat is now an extra, so cowbell / tambourine / whatever else
Yeah, just once I find a place to settle in I can tweak more to my comfort of the setup and have a few more pads and cymbals by then. Just really aeger to start playing with others. Only problem is I'm in an awkward position of how confident I am and it would be a lot more handy for peole who are at the level where they know and like what they're playing, just hoping it may work with others. The bf's a guitarist and a damn good one and he's always complaining about there being a drought at where I am of drummers but then I don't know what to think of my level of playing even though I'm picking up hgrade 5 stuff again. Confuuuused :S
Old 07-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah, just once I find a place to settle in I can tweak more to my comfort of the setup and have a few more pads and cymbals by then. Just really aeger to start playing with others. Only problem is I'm in an awkward position of how confident I am and it would be a lot more handy for peole who are at the level where they know and like what they're playing, just hoping it may work with others. The bf's a guitarist and a damn good one and he's always complaining about there being a drought at where I am of drummers but then I don't know what to think of my level of playing even though I'm picking up hgrade 5 stuff again. Confuuuused :S
Yeah my confidence isn't great, starting to play with no other drummers around me its hard to work out your progress especially if like me you dont practice often, so I use forums to get an idea, and as far as the confidence goes, I started putting videos on youtube , not only as a log of my progress, but also a bit of confidence building having other watch me play.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Yeah, I just managed to get a place where we got an extra room for jamming/recording. Still just the tip room at the moment though ha, but I'm sure that now we pretty much will have a basic setup with guitars, bass and the ekit, this will help with practicing just gradually, then maybe others when it's set up fully. So getting there though :)

Will get some pics up when it's ready :)