DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-31-2012, 02:05 PM

Default Ludwig Atlas Classic replacement tips

Hello,

I'm planning to buy some Ludwig Atlas Classic flat base hardware. I would like to change the rubber tips ("Acculite Sustain Feet"), because I don't really like the look :)

Can someone who owns this hardware give me the sizes of the feet ?
I was thinking of ordering some Pearl tips (NP-454) from the BC-100S flat base stand, but I'm not sure it will fit.

Thanks a lot !
Old 08-31-2012, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ludwig Atlas Classic replacement tips

For sure, DW's feet fit the leg, and Gibraltar. Not sure about Pearl. The leg seems to be about 3/8 or 1/2" tall.

I have many of these Classic stands, and the feet work really great, so my suggestion is use them, and get used to the look--which will probably take about 5 minutes before you forget about them.

Their function is so good, that I plan to get some for the DW flat base stands I use on one of my kits (2 others use the Ludwig Classics).

Other things I will say about this hardware are, the Classic Hi Hat stand is especially nice.

No wobble during harder playing on my 15 and 16" hi hats.
Sets up/tears down quickly and easily. The foot board is very responsive, and the spring tension has a nice adjustment from light ( and still works well) to heavy (for a strong feel).

I use a left side floor tom, and I need a 2 leg or flat base stand for placement. This stand works perfectly. Here's a pic of the ft leg, and overlapping stands:

The weight of the Classic line is very nice, while being VERY stable.
I use a 24" ride on a straight stand, and it's perfectly secure, even while being crashed. I also use 20" up to 22" crashes, and they are perfectly stable on the Classic stands.

The basket grips on the Classic and Pro snare stands are superior to any other stand I have owned ( a bunch... yes, a gear head :-) ) as far as keeping the pure sound of the snare (or tom), while securely gripping.

The Standard line is slightly less "robust" tubing from the Pro. Being double braced, it's very stable, but without weighing a lot. The Standard legs look waaay better in person than in pics too.

The wing nuts are very comfortable, and work ultra smoothly.
The legs and tubing slide and work on everything very smoothly, and you don't need to torque it down for secure grip.

The boom adjustment part grips very securely, and it doesn't move, once it's tightened.

The tilter is pretty dang awesome.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Ludwig Atlas Classic replacement tips

Thanks a lot. Can't wait to test this hardware, it should be available on september 15th here in Europe.
I'm still hesitating about the rubber tips and which way I'll attach my 12" tom on a stand... :)