DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 08-26-2012, 01:48 AM

Default yamaha 9500d direct drive pedal

i just came home with the yamaha 9500 direct drive single pedal... i have only been playing drums for about two years, and during this time i used a speed king pedal.. i really like the feel of this pedal, however it is not very robust and the hinge wears out easily causing it to be sloppy... i tried a tama camco reissue and i found it felt too light and small, but smooth, and it didn't have the same swinging feel i get from my speed king... i also tried a perfect balance pedal (jojo) and did not really like the feel of it... it was smooth but just didn't feel right... now i am sure you could adjust it to a better feel, but even the guy at the store said people were finding it hard to get set just right, and had to spend a lot of time with it... the yamaha pedal closely resembles the swing of the speed king... i set it up side by side with the speed king, and set the beater angle and footboard height to match it... i must say that it feels very similar... it does feel heavier, but at the same time more powerful, yet easy to control... moving my foot forward a bit makes it feel just like the speed king, but i can move back a little for a more powerful stroke... this unit looks solid and feels solid.. i am not an expert on pedals, but this pedal gets a thumbs up from me
Old 08-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: yamaha 9500d direct drive pedal

I've got 3 Yamaha direct drive single pedals. They work for me.