DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 08-17-2012, 12:37 AM

Default Bass Drum Beater And Angle

Hey all,
I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a good bass drum beater for me. I'm looking for something which would work for fast playing on a single pedal without compromising a huge amount of power. Whilst i'm asking i'd also like some help as to what angle my beater should be at (I fiddled a little a few weeks ago and it hasn't felt the same since). Just so you know i play a DW 5000 AD4.
Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer :)
Old 08-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Pollyanna's Agent

Default Re: Bass Drum Beater And Angle

Hi Sam

A heavier beater produce more power, but not ideal to play really fast, the opposite is also true, a light beater is faster but has less power, so it has to be a compromise between the two, but the tuning and head combo also play a major role, both in terms of percieved power and response.

As for the angle (and the fast playing related question) you may want to look at my thread on this very subject, it might be helpful http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=93800

Good luck.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 AM

Cheers for the response,
That method for adjustments looks good, soon as i have some time i'll give it a go. Yeah I figured with the beater i'd be looking for some sort of middle ground in terms of power/speed. Don't know if it is the impression you get from the post but i'm not the sort of person that things the gear will improve technique, I just want something that works as well as is possible.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Pollyanna's Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsam View Post
Don't know if it is the impression you get from the post but i'm not the sort of person that things the gear will improve technique, I just want something that works as well as is possible.
No, I didn't get that impression, but the right "gear" and more importantly the right setting will be a considerable help to develop your skills, thanks for checking the method, it works, it just take a bit of time, it's also good to take a couple days to do it, adjust your setting, sleep on it, and check it again the next day.

Happy drumming.