DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Default Need tips of electric drumsets!

Hello, I've been playing the bass for 3 years now, and I thought why not trying out the drums? So now I've decided I'm gonna buy a drumkit, an electric one though, since I live in an appartment. However, I have no idea whatsoever what kit I should buy.

I want a pretty cheap electric drumset that is comfortable to play and also it should sound pretty good.

Also, tips of things to think about when starting to play to get a good technique would be really appriecieted!

Thanks /Nils :)!
Old 08-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Need tips of electric drumsets!

What is your budget? You really cant go wrong with Yamaha or Roland, And I would get a teacher. If you can not afford a teacher there are places on the net like free drum lesson .com.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
What is your budget? You really cant go wrong with Yamaha or Roland, And I would get a teacher. If you can not afford a teacher there are places on the net like free drum lesson .com.
I'm gonna pay for a drum teacher the first period, but I'll learn stuff from the internet aswell, and this forum ofcourse :)! My budget is around 400USD.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Gold Member

400 is not much in the world of e-drums, check used on craigslist, go play them and see if you like them, and do not take anyones word when they say" oh they work fine" make them hook them up and see for yourself, if you don't know much about e-drums then bring someone with you who does.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Platinum Member

If you want an actual 'set', you're going to have to go used for that price.

If you can work with a set of multi pads, you can find them cheaper. They're a bit different though. But then again, electronic drums are a bit different from acoustic too.

Here's one store's current offerings. There's a few under the $400 mark from Roland and Yamaha that look like they might work for you:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Complete...gc?o=1&ipp=100

Also - this site has a section for electronic drums. You might want to dig around here a bit: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=28
Old 08-14-2012, 08:12 PM

Geeze! These things are so much more expensive than I excpected when I first got into this community! Thanks for all answers, I'm gonna look around in the 2nd hand market, but basicly any set from Roland and Yamaha works? How much differs between an average acoustic and an average electronic drumset? Is the feel alot different?

Thanks alot for all respond so far!