DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-23-2012, 03:57 AM
robyn64's Avatar
robyn64 robyn64 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lewistown, Illinois
Posts: 92
Default my camcos

here are a cup'l photos of my drum kit. that is my 3yr old grandson, Jude, who is becoming the new owner of this beautiful set of drums.

Name:  072012_1728[00].jpg
Views: 353
Size:  88.5 KB

Name:  072012_1733[00].jpg
Views: 342
Size:  90.4 KB

Name:  jude on drums.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  38.0 KB
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Anthony Amodeo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: my camcos

if I were you I would find a good drum shop that works on kits and have it restored to it's original state

will be well worth it

beautiful kit
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2012, 04:40 AM
robyn64's Avatar
robyn64 robyn64 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lewistown, Illinois
Posts: 92
Default Re: my camcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvdadrummasum View Post
if I were you I would find a good drum shop that works on kits and have it restored to it's original state

will be well worth it

beautiful kit
thanks, plan to replace the missing pieces and clean it up but kinda want to do it myself. figured it will cost around 500$ to make the replacements so will have to do a lit'l at a time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Anthony Amodeo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: my camcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn64 View Post
thanks, plan to replace the missing pieces and clean it up but kinda want to do it myself. figured it will cost around 500$ to make the replacements so will have to do a lit'l at a time.

even better

nothing like refinishing a kit yourself........I hope to have the time and patience to do it one day
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-24-2012, 03:21 AM
robyn64's Avatar
robyn64 robyn64 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lewistown, Illinois
Posts: 92
Default Re: my camcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvdadrummasum View Post
even better

nothing like refinishing a kit yourself........I hope to have the time and patience to do it one day
so what would be the best way to clean this kit up? there really isn't alot of damage to the wraps so really don't want to rewrap, (want to stay as original as i can) however there is some small/light scratches and was wondering if they can be buffed out, or at least made not so standoutish, i'd kinda like to leave some scratchings mainly for carriector, i think carriector gives any instrument more meaning. the kit still has a pretty good shine to it but could be better and that is what i am mainly looking to do. the metal parts have just a tad bit of rust here and there, which i think ???? stealwool will take care of unless you know of something better. i want to clean them up 1st then start replacing missing pieces. i haven't done anything with the kit yet other then putting it together and letting jude bang around on them (gotta let him get a "feel" for them) so any ideas/oppinions will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 AM
Anthony Amodeo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: my camcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn64 View Post
so what would be the best way to clean this kit up? there really isn't alot of damage to the wraps so really don't want to rewrap, (want to stay as original as i can) however there is some small/light scratches and was wondering if they can be buffed out, or at least made not so standoutish, i'd kinda like to leave some scratchings mainly for carriector, i think carriector gives any instrument more meaning. the kit still has a pretty good shine to it but could be better and that is what i am mainly looking to do. the metal parts have just a tad bit of rust here and there, which i think ???? stealwool will take care of unless you know of something better. i want to clean them up 1st then start replacing missing pieces. i haven't done anything with the kit yet other then putting it together and letting jude bang around on them (gotta let him get a "feel" for them) so any ideas/oppinions will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
there are lots of methods but with vintage drums I would use some delicate products

first pull off all the hardware so that you can clean it thoroughly and away from the shells ....and please do not use steel wool....sometimes some baking soda and a tiny bit of water works great.....just enough water to make a paste then hit it with a toothbrush
after that some chrome polish will have them looking new .
there is also stuff called Never-Dull that works great on old hardware...highly recommend it


for the shells try some windex and a moist rag .....you dont want to use anything too harsh
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-24-2012, 05:58 AM
robyn64's Avatar
robyn64 robyn64 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lewistown, Illinois
Posts: 92
Default Re: my camcos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvdadrummasum View Post
there are lots of methods but with vintage drums I would use some delicate products

first pull off all the hardware so that you can clean it thoroughly and away from the shells ....and please do not use steel wool....sometimes some baking soda and a tiny bit of water works great.....just enough water to make a paste then hit it with a toothbrush
after that some chrome polish will have them looking new .
there is also stuff called Never-Dull that works great on old hardware...highly recommend it


for the shells try some windex and a moist rag .....you dont want to use anything too harsh
thanks for your help and i promise...no steel wool. lol. ok so is the Never-Dull used to clean or for polishing after cleaning? gonna give the baking soda a try and the windex. gonna do 1 drum at a time. thanks again
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com