DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 07-20-2012, 03:52 AM

Default sensitivity issues w/ older used Hart Dynamics kit

Do triggers go bad over time?

I bought a used Hart Dynamics Acupad 3.1 kit off of eBay and the sensitivity is very poor. I have to really hit each of the 4 toms and the snare to get a sound. Light hits and drum rolls do not trigger the sound.

Could this just be a setting adjustment in the TD8? (I have reset it back to the factory settings just in case) Or a failure of the triggers themselves? I expect this kit is 10yrs old.

thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 06:00 AM

Default Re: sensitivity issues w/ older used Hart Dynamics kit

anyone? does the foam part of the piezo wear away after years of use or sitting?
Old 07-20-2012, 09:45 AM

yes they do, both older pads and the foam piezo go bad the pads will start do be less sensitive because of the compression in the rubber and a separation between the rubber part of the pad,and the sensor. i guess.the shock gets dispersed and the hits dont trigger. the triggers go bad too, i have replaced a ddrum bass trigger twice. now i have the roland. and have had to replace the snares too. some times when taking them off they stick to the head and stretches the foam making the contact point weak. also when left on the drum for a long time the foam compresses and the contact is screwed. thats my guess i dont really know why they go bad but they will.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmck View Post
yes they do, both older pads and the foam piezo go bad the pads will start do be less sensitive because of the compression in the rubber and a separation between the rubber part of the pad,and the sensor. i guess.the shock gets dispersed and the hits dont trigger. the triggers go bad too, i have replaced a ddrum bass trigger twice. now i have the roland. and have had to replace the snares too. some times when taking them off they stick to the head and stretches the foam making the contact point weak. also when left on the drum for a long time the foam compresses and the contact is screwed. thats my guess i dont really know why they go bad but they will.
Hart is sending me a whole batch of foam tower blocks. I expect this is the issue, as I inspected the drum innards last night after initially posting.

I'll alert all to my progress once installed.

thanks for the help. looking forward to e-drumming via mesh pads finally