DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 02-08-2012, 01:55 AM

Default How to record Roland HD-1 electronic drums with garageband?

I want to record the some drum tracks onto garageband using my Roland HD-1 drum set can anyone please tell me what I need to this (software and accessories)? Thank you so much in advance!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: How to record Roland HD-1 electronic drums with garageband?

First and foremost you need an audio/MIDI interface to record anything into the Mac. There is a wide range of products that can be used. Garageband is sufficient software to record audio into but any hardware interface you buy (Avid, MOTU, M-Audio etc) will come with additional recording software as well.

Research how to record on your Mac with the companies above and you'll see some possibilities. Consider your budget and then make a choice.

JIm

Jim Martin Music
Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM

If you are recording audio, you just need a cable to connect the output/phones of your HD1 to the phone output of your Mac. Then, you go to system configuration and change the type of port for the phones to input (actually in the input section). In GarageBand choose a real instrument. This should enable recording the sounds of your hd1.

For recording MIDI, you will need a MIDI/USB cable to connect the MIDI out of the HD1 to the USB port of your Mac. There's no need of additional software. Then in GarageBand select an instrument to playback the sounds. Remember, the HD1 does not have a MIDI in port, so you won't be able to hear what you just recorded unless you select one instrument (drums) or a VST software. The sound that will be played back will be from the computer.

Hope this helps...
Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 AM

when recording with midi you will need to set the latency on your computer or their will be a lag also midi only sends info so fast a second so it might not record what you actually played.