DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 AM

Default GIBRALTAR RACK SYSTEM DENTING!!!

So I haven't had my Gibraltar Curved rack system very long now, since April I have had it, and I have the front and side extension curved pieces. The day I got it, I decided to set it up and put my drums on and it seemed fine, when I went to take it down, I noticed that there were dents appearing in the tubing I knew they weren't there before because I never noticed them and this wasn't second hand, I bought this in sealed boxes from a drum store I bought them from. I knew straight away that what was causing this, would be the clamps. I didn't tighten them extremely tight, and I knew that I had memory locks for extra support to stop the toms from slipping so that was another excuse for me to not tighten the clamps so tight! Please help me! Has anyone experienced this same problem?!

Many thanks!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: GIBRALTAR RACK SYSTEM DENTING!!!

If it were me I'd contact Gibraltar and the shop I bought it from. Explain the issue to the, be polite it will get you much farther and don't use foul language. Only real way to get it resolved.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:07 AM

Default Re: GIBRALTAR RACK SYSTEM DENTING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaboy View Post
If it were me I'd contact Gibraltar and the shop I bought it from. Explain the issue to the, be polite it will get you much farther and don't use foul language. Only real way to get it resolved.
I've contacted my drum store where I bought the rack from, they said I will have to take it back to their store, and they will send it to gibraltar to have a look, I'm hoping I will get a refund!