DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 06-13-2012, 05:45 PM

Default Tiggering a mouse click with a drum hit

Hi all;

Hope this is the right place to ask; I have an electronic kit, and I'm looking for some sort of software to use with it so that I can hook my ekit up to my computer (through MIDI), and have (let's say) a snare hit cause my computer to "left click" the mouse once (whereever the mouse is on the screen).

Has anyone done this? I just want to set it up so, for example, if I hit the snare 10 times, the mouse on my computer will left-click 10 times (I don't care about moving the mouse, just getting it to left click off a trigger).

Thanks for any help! :-)
Old 06-14-2012, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Tiggering a mouse click with a drum hit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazylaw View Post
Hi all;

Hope this is the right place to ask; I have an electronic kit, and I'm looking for some sort of software to use with it so that I can hook my ekit up to my computer (through MIDI), and have (let's say) a snare hit cause my computer to "left click" the mouse once (whereever the mouse is on the screen).

Has anyone done this? I just want to set it up so, for example, if I hit the snare 10 times, the mouse on my computer will left-click 10 times (I don't care about moving the mouse, just getting it to left click off a trigger).

Thanks for any help! :-)
Lol sounds interesting, may I ask the reason for this? theres some proxy interfaces about which might let you do that, i have never seen it before but theres something called glovepie which i think can do keyboard/mouse to midi and also midi to keyboard/mouse. It might not be what you are looking for but might be worth a shot : http://sites.google.com/site/carlkenner/glovepie
Old 06-14-2012, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Tiggering a mouse click with a drum hit

Thanks, this looks like it might be what I'm looking for, I'll have to give it a try at home :-)

I want to use it because there's an online video game I have where one way to make a fair amount of money in the game is to do a lot of manual clicking. However, the game is pretty good at detecting "automated" tools/programs which do clicking for you, and I don't want to get banned.

Programs like your "GlovePIE" link avoid the "illegal" automated clicking, since I'll actually be performing an "action" to produce a mouse click (ie. my drumming ;-))

Basically I've just gotten bored of clicking the mouse while watching TV, and figured why not combine it with all my drum practice? ;-)