DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 AM

Default Hi hat Stand Question

So I have a Yamaha 900 series hi hat stand that needs replacing. I'd like something pretty durable and very solid. I know I definitely want it to have three legs and be double braced. Any ideas?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:25 AM
audiotech

Default Re: Hi hat Stand Question

Check out the DW 5000 three legged stands. I have one and it works great. It's very sturdy and has a very solid feeling to it. When I went to buy it, the drum shop only had the two legged version, but it only took them three days to receive the one that I wanted. It seems as if most dealers just stock the stands with two legs. I also use a Yamaha 840 hi hat stand and never had any negative issues with it. Pearl also has both the 900 and 1000 series stands that work well. I've been using the H-900 for about three years without a problem. What happened to your Yamaha 900 series?

Dennis
Old 05-21-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotech View Post
Check out the DW 5000 three legged stands. I have one and it works great. It's very sturdy and has a very solid feeling to it. When I went to buy it, the drum shop only had the two legged version, but it only took them three days to receive the one that I wanted. It seems as if most dealers just stock the stands with two legs. I also use a Yamaha 840 hi hat stand and never had any negative issues with it. Pearl also has both the 900 and 1000 series stands that work well. I've been using the H-900 for about three years without a problem. What happened to your Yamaha 900 series?

Dennis
I have really been looking at the DW 5000 with three legs, so it is funny that the first hi hat stand anyone mentions is that one. I'll give the Pearl a look as well.

My Yamaha stand is sticking a bit, but it is also having a problem with positioning the hi hats at a slight angle. (It only wants to keep them opened.) I replaced that mechanism but it still has a problem. I never had a problem with that unit until I switched over to very thin hats. Since I switched I have had all kinds of problems.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:18 PM

The new Ludwig Atlas Pro Hi Hat stand is remarkable. I don't know what your price range is but I own a DW 5000 2-legged stand, a DW 9000 2-legged stand, a Pearl H2000 2-legged stand and now this Ludwig Atlas Pro 2 legged stand and the Ludwig is head and tails above the others. It is the most stable 2 legged stand I have used and doesn't wobble when played hard. It is ultra-adjustable for any playing situation, whether single or double pedal applications and very smooth. Built like a tank and well worth the jing.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobacwrd View Post
The new Ludwig Atlas Pro Hi Hat stand is remarkable. I don't know what your price range is but I own a DW 5000 2-legged stand, a DW 9000 2-legged stand, a Pearl H2000 2-legged stand and now this Ludwig Atlas Pro 2 legged stand and the Ludwig is head and tails above the others. It is the most stable 2 legged stand I have used and doesn't wobble when played hard. It is ultra-adjustable for any playing situation, whether single or double pedal applications and very smooth. Built like a tank and well worth the jing.
Hmm...I hadn't even considered the Ludwig hardware, which is strange because I have three Ludwig kits. I would prefer a three legged hi hat stand. I wonder if they have a three legged version of this stand.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkaway View Post
Hmm...I hadn't even considered the Ludwig hardware, which is strange because I have three Ludwig kits. I would prefer a three legged hi hat stand. I wonder if they have a three legged version of this stand.
They do have 3-legged versions, just not in the Atlas Pro line.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:27 AM

I love my DW 5000 2 legged stand! It NEVER moves or wobbles. Love having the 2 legs to make things less crowded.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM

Check out the Gibralter Liqui-drive hi hiat stand. I have the three legged model. It is truly the smoothest hi hat stand I've ever played.