DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 05-23-2012, 11:06 PM

Default Roland TD-6 = hi hat pedal "malfunction"

Hi all,

I have a Roland TD6 for the last 4~5 years, and for the last months I noticed the hi-hat pedal sound is significantly lower on the whole mix.

I edit all my presets and set the hi-hat closing pedal sound to the maximum of 127 and still it is VERY low on the overall mix.

Ocasionally, without any particular reason or technique, the same "action" (closing hi hat with pedal) will produce a VERY loud sound, similar to the volume it should be according to the 127 setting of the volume, but there is absolutely no particular "technique" (pressing harder or faster) or situation that would justify the sudden increment in volume.

I would like to know if anyone who owns a TD-6 or similar eletronic drum with the same foot pedal has experienced the same problem.

I have tried changing the cable, cleaning the cable, but no luck.

I noticed that if I touch the point of the cable with a metal part of the pedal, the SAME sound of the "closed hat" will sound off, and this time, MUCH louder.

But if i insert the cable and press the pedal, sound is a lot lower.

Is there any chance that dust must be in the way of some contact inside the pedal, thus reducing the sensitivity of it and making sound lower??

Should I try to open it and see if there is any contact to be cleaned?

I would really appreciate some help here!

Thanks!!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Roland TD-6 = hi hat pedal "malfunction"

I don't know if its the same pedal, but the TD-3 has the FD-8 pedal. There are a few posts around the internet about taking this apart to increase the volume of the chick sound. I did it to mine, and it works much louder.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Roland TD-6 = hi hat pedal "malfunction"

lubricate the rubber thing inside. I did all that stuff then one day sprayed some silicon lube on that rubber thing and it worked great. I forget exactly what I used. It was 2 years ago.