Senri Kawaguchi

Re: Senri Kawaguchi (13 years old....)

A natural for sure but the question remains will she get to Blackman and Carrington? Or just reach a plateau and be happy as a top 50.

She could wipe the floor with most drummers I know regardless of age.

Technique is clean, she sounds good, has dynamic control.

Obviously she's not Vinnie, but she is 13 after all.

I checked out her first 2 vids listed in this thread... wow, stunning!
She deserves to have her DW page.

Aliens are among us or that kid has two brains and is a reincarnated Buddy.Kidding....I've seen that vid before and I still scratch my head in wonder.It wasn't the speed or the unreal four way independance,as much as it was pretty musical,and technically tough even for a great drummer to do.His execution was damn near perfect.Awesome.

Steve B

Sorry, I'm just a lurker, but I was blown away by the most recent vid I saw of Senri (backing an incredible Yukiko Onishi on sax) and created an account to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eIeMPhXhSQ

Still not yet 16, Senri appears to be improving at a staggering rate.

Note: For the impatient, to focus on Senri's parts, forward to around 4:00 (the start of the piano solo) after watching Senri's intro.

Senri is KILLING it in this video....she is such a talent. Good on her for her continued musical growth.

F

WOW...just wow.

That's epic...can't describe...just too epic.

Don't even know what was I doing when I was 13...lol

I'm just a drumming fan lurker, I don't play at all yet love drums, but I almost feel bad especially for the bass, since Senri's the only one who can even keep up talent-wise with the sax...

met Senri a week ago...what a drummer and what a lovely person !
By the way she's 18 now, but still looking very, very young...

Attachments

• ronsenri.jpg
    ronsenri.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 564
Last edited:
When I met SENRI a year ago in France, I asked her what made her start playing drums...she looked at me with big eyes and said........IAN PAICE !
not only she's a fantastic drummer, but also a very, very lovely person. Hope to meet her again very soon...Ron

Back